Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2016, 05:09 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,818,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
Trump has over 500 companies as of earlier this year, and countless more over the past 40 years. Best you can come up with out of hundreds of companies is the above. Two things since you have two links to the same story. Wow.
That's two convictions in 2016 alone. He has 169 Federal lawsuits against him and 3500 private ones.

Hillary has never been convicted for anything. So what if Trump has 500 companies? (not that anyone would know since he won't show his tax returns). Hillary has 30 years in public office.

Your argument that Hillary's investigation is unprecedented is laughable to compared to president-elect Tweety Pants's actual convictions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2016, 05:35 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
That's two convictions in 2016 alone. He has 169 Federal lawsuits against him and 3500 private ones.

Hillary has never been convicted for anything. So what if Trump has 500 companies? (not that anyone would know since he won't show his tax returns). Hillary has 30 years in public office.

Your argument that Hillary's investigation is unprecedented is laughable to compared to president-elect Tweety Pants's actual convictions.
Most of his "businesses" are just licensing the Trump name.

Didn't he just settle a lawsuit for fraud?

Republicans have been going after Clintons for three decades. They've spent an enormous of time and no end of our tax money on what amounts to nothing more than partisan political theater.

Meanwhile their champion is an admitted con man.

Old 12-25-2016, 05:45 PM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Ivanka Trump flying her family around on coach? On JetBlue no less? Please.

Don't be a fool. That was setup. I'm surprised you couldn't figure that out. Nearly everyone else has.

Trump's daughter is no dummy. She knew if she hauled herself around in public long enough, someone would tell her off and they could make a big deal about how ugly people are to her. Hauling her children along on this mission was kind of tacky. But whatever.

I've noticed recently that this forum and Facebook are filled with all sorts of-just-be-nice-now posts. Even Putin has put out a press release on it.

Hmmmm.
Perhaps people are realizing that the endless negativity from the left does no good at all. Or, could it be you caught me doing Putin's dirty work by asking people to be nice? Tough call.

So Ivanka is going to fly around putting her kids in potential harm just to get a news story out there? How did you go from the party of hope and change to the party of paranoid and delusional?

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 12-25-2016 at 06:00 PM..

Old 12-25-2016, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post

Yes Trump has more than 500 companies. Its public record. You don't need his tax returns for that. I assume you have never started a business.

What has Trump been convicted of?

When you settle a lawsuit there is no conviction. You understand that?

You put convictions in bold to make a point I think. Safe assumption you are not a lawyer.

You understand the difference between being a criminal defendant (Clinton) and a civil defendant (Trump) in court cases and investigations. You can't go to jail for a civil case. You cannot be convicted.

Old 12-25-2016, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Yes Trump has more than 500 companies. Its public record. You don't need his tax returns for that. I assume you have never started a business.

What has Trump been convicted of?

When you settle a lawsuit there is no conviction. You understand that?

You put convictions in bold to make a point I think. Safe assumption you are not a lawyer.

You understand the difference between being a criminal defendant (Clinton) and a civil defendant (Trump) in court cases and investigations. You can't go to jail for a civil case. You cannot be convicted.

Trump's Criminal History Should Be Front and Center | The Huffington Post

Trump is known for settling lawsuits just as he's about to lose. Nothing new there.

What crime was Clinton ever charged and convicted on?

Old 12-25-2016, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Trump's Criminal History Should Be Front and Center | The Huffington Post

Trump is known for settling lawsuits just as he's about to lose. Nothing new there.

What crime was Clinton ever charged and convicted on?
Huffpost op ed. They love Trump.

Obviously she has never been charged or convicted of a crime. I never said that.

Neither has Trump. Someone earlier said he was convicted twice in 2016 which is not true.

Old 12-26-2016, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Perhaps people are realizing that the endless negativity from the left does no good at all. Or, could it be you caught me doing Putin's dirty work by asking people to be nice? Tough call.
You're kidding right?

Not after years of Republican name calling, the constant and consistent lies... taking advice on not being negative from you folks is a hoot.

Despite the press releases from Putin and the posts from the Trump faithful about how we just all need to be positive and get along, this is unlikely to occur.

Perhaps focusing on posts about what a great guy Putin is might be a better use of your time.

Old 12-26-2016, 07:59 AM

Quote:
You're kidding right?

Not after years of Republican name calling, the constant and consistent lies... taking advice on not being negative from you folks is a hoot.

Despite the press releases from Putin and the posts from the Trump faithful about how we just all need to be positive and get along, this is unlikely to occur.

Perhaps focusing on posts about what a great guy Putin is might be a better use of your time.
I represent myself not part of whatever "you folks" means. I was not part of 8 years of name calling. Obama was not a bad guy the issues I had with him stemmed for what role he believed government should have in people lives and the value of free enterprise.

Lots of republicans felt Romney would beat Obama. And when that did not happen life went on. No recounts, no protests in the streets. No safe spaces. People were not attacked because they voted for Obama. I could go on and on but the left's actions since the election have been deplorable.

Like I said you can be the bigger person or just be childish and say "The republicans were not nice to me so I won't be nice to them" if that feels better.

I am no fan of Putin. He is ruthless and a scumbag. I think what some Trump voters see in Putin that they never saw in Obama is he puts his country first. Obama felt that if we concede things and apologize we will be liked, and if we are liked we will be respected. Instead we looked weak and vulnerable. Putin did what he wanted and knew Obama would never stand up to him. We should never have to back down to anyone. Yet we did.

From liberal CNN last year:

Vladimir Putin steals Barack Obama's thunder on the world stage

Old 12-26-2016, 09:59 AM

10,226 posts, read 7,574,766 times
Quote:
I am glad you at least perused the list of 28.

You are confusing Trump's proposals with Obama in 2009:

Obama's lobbyist rule: Promise Broken | PolitiFact

They are business leaders, special interests are lobbyists. They all had to sign anti-lobbying agreements.
He should have not chosen who he did because you don't like it? Sorry Trump did not consult with you first.

Trump has made billions without first being president. Unlike the Clinton's who only made money after being in the white house.
It's not ONE thing. It's EVERYTHING.

People seem to think he promised not to change Social Security. He has a long history, though, of favoring partial privatization for Social Security, and that is indeed Paul Ryan's plan, and the Republican plan. There is already a plan for such submitted in Congress. It's pretty extreme, so may not pass. But Ryan is ready to go with his plan, which is rolled together with "reform" to Medicare and wrapped in with revising Obamacare. Everything to be "reformed" will of course be cut...even to current recipients, according to those plans. AND...

Trump's nominee to run the Department of Health and Human Services, Tom Price, a Republican congressman from Georgia, has been a champion of cuts to all three of the nation’s large social programs — Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security. When discussing reforms to Social Security, he has ignored ways to bring new revenue into the system while emphasizing possible benefit cuts through means-testing, private accounts and raising the retirement age.

Trump promised to drain the swamp. He invited the swamp into his cabinet, ensuring that the financial industry has an official lock on running the country (not just behind the curtains, anymore). THREE Goldman Sachs people in direct control of the government, AND Exxon is now in control of foreign policy (what benefits the oil industry, not the country). Special interests have NEVER had this much power before. Look up the definition of "oligarchy."

He promised to build a wall and have Mexico pay for it. Won't happen.

He promised to appoint a special prosecutor for prosecuting Hillary Clinton. Won't happen.

He promised to repeal Obamacare on Day One. I think he will do something re Obamacare, but it will be heavy modification and not outright repeal, and not on Day One. Repealing it in entirety suddenly would send the health care system into a tailspin....people would actually die. He was lying all along.

Ban all muslims from entering the country. Not gonna happen. (That's actually illegal and would require an act of Congress and Supreme Court approval.) But you knew he was lying or ignorant of the legalities, right? You were paying attention, right?

Deporting all illegal immigrants, will have a "deportation force." Not gonna happen. He now has reduced that to deporting the criminals....who are already, BTW, slated to be deported, in accordance with normal procedure. (Obama admin. regularly deported criminals, to the extent they had the work force to handle it; Obama deported more illegal immigrants than any other President.) Congress has also made it clear there will be no "deportation force."

Denounced climate change as a hoax, wanted to cancel payments to UN climate change programs. He also wanted to lift production limits on coal production and had indicated he would withdraw from the Paris agreement. He now says he's looking into the possibility of man-made contributions to climate change. (He had signed an appeal to the govt years ago, asking the govt to clamp down on emissions for environmental reasons.)

Promised to elect judges to the Supreme Court to repeal the same-sex marriage legislation, saying the decision should be made state-by-state. He now says this is "settled law."

Label China a currency manipulator. This is not on Trump's list of things to do.

Renegotiate NAFTA. This is not on Trump's list of things to do in the first few mos. in office. He still may do it (I think he will), but clearly unimportant to him, compared to, say, cutting taxes for the wealthy.

Withdraw from TPP on 1st day in office. It's not on his list of things to do in first few mos. He may withdraw or renegotiate it, but it's not on the list.

Everyone knew he was bloviating and saying what was necessary to get votes. That's what he does. He cuts deals and doesn't necessarily honor the deals. He filed bankruptcy SIX TIMES after cutting deals, to get rid of his obligations on those deals. Trump likes to win and will do and say whatever it takes to win. Even if he doesn't win on occasion, he claims to win. He NEVER admits losing. He NEVER admits lying, even if you have a video showing that he's lying. It's remarkable that anyone actually believed anything he said.

Politifact scored him as 97% untruthful (meaning almost everything he said was either partially or wholly false), more than any other candidate in history. BTW...Hillary Clinton and Obama were among the most honest, meaning only a small % of what they said was either partially or wholly false.

Old 12-27-2016, 11:40 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Hillary represented your principles? Lies and wars are your principles?
Re-read the thread, guy. Not what I said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies