Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 08:51 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,434,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
just because you think a "card" has been played too much doesn't mean it's wrong....I'm glad people are getting uncomfortable about racism....Be honest and address racism. Stop deflecting. Address it.
If you think a racist is going to care that you think he is racist, I have news for you.

He is not going to care. And he's not likely to change.

As for those who are not racist, endless race card playing against them is offensive.

But by all means, keep it up.

Trump 2020!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Might be you simply have a problem with "how the world turns," which is not uncommon for generation after generation. We struggle with the inevitable tides of more people and changing demographics that are very difficult to keep at bay in free open societies.

Again and again it always boils down to the same thing, "balance is key."
Yes, and part of that balance is building the wall, reducing immigration, and ending racial preferences against whites and males.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
....many black women cannot wear their hair in a natural state. You might not think it is racism for whites to tell them to straighten their hair,but it is,because natural afros come naturally to them.
Whites are telling blacks to straighten their hair?

First I've heard of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Im a white male who grew up working class and is now upper middle class. The idea of white men being put out by social justice warriors is at the last vastly exaggerated. Maybe at Yale, not many othere places.
You'd better parrot the SJW line if you want to get ahead in government and in corporate America.

Just look at the head of Mozilla who was fired because he was against gay marriage.

Obama was also against gay marriage just a few years ago, but let's see....that was okay because Obama was black, while the head of Mozilla was white.

Old 12-25-2016, 12:55 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,672,681 times
Let me ask, what is THE best book on Robert Francis Kennedy! Yes, I know, I will get many answers!

If there was a man in American History who was as compassionate and understanding to all sides, and could speak to all people, it was him! I think folk can learn something from a man like that, even in 2017 and beyond....

The Naptown speech after King's assassination (East side of Indianapolis) is, to this day, truly breathtaking. He felt their pain (the loss of their leader), and they felt his! (the loss of his brother!) And to go into as diverse of places as the coal mines of West Virginia, the shacks of Mississippi and have a hand in revitalizing Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn, shows that he had no fear of any type of group, region or audience!

As indicated, folk can learn from something like that, these days. Now, yes, in addition to understanding and compassion, it takes a level of political skill and charisma, but folk can still learn a thing or two about how to bring people together for a common good....!

Old 12-25-2016, 07:40 AM

29,547 posts, read 9,713,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
That might be an issue if one used their machine for everything, but these days with chain proxies, blockers, host lists, VMs, etc... there is no need to have a single machine which can be tracked as you describe. Even MS's attempt to track through the OS is handled with a good firewall device that has granular control.

Fact is, if someone doesn't want you to know who they are, you aren't going to be able to find out. This is why many hacks go unpunished.
The issue is that most people are not going to bother with anything of the sort that you are wanting to take comfort in, as proven by all the money and resources advertisers are devoting toward retargeting efforts that track the average user of the Internet, and that's a whole lot of people. I know, because I was one of those resources...

Old 12-25-2016, 07:57 AM

29,547 posts, read 9,713,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Wow! Would you like a side of arrogance with that plate of presumption? You don't know anything about me, guy. Yet you presume to sterotype me.

And apparently, the message I was trying to convey went right over your head. Your narrow mindedness will never allow you to see things from other people's points of view, which is important. Even if you don't agree with them, it's still important to gain an understanding of where they are coming from.
I am inclined to agree that swallowing you up with that stereotype was a little much and more than a little unfair. I am even more inclined to suggest that you are not one qualified to preach about understanding where others are coming from given all the rest one can gather about you from your comments.

Old 12-25-2016, 08:44 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
They don't have to re brand themselves, they simply have to be who they claim to be but rarely are.

Perhaps someone like Tim Ryan could lead them in this direction but you can bet Pelosi is going to try and undercut him if he tries.

Old 12-25-2016, 08:51 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
If you think a racist is going to care that you think he is racist, I have news for you.

He is not going to care. And he's not likely to change.

As for those who are not racist, endless race card playing against them is offensive.

But by all means, keep it up.

Trump 2020!

Yes, and part of that balance is building the wall, reducing immigration, and ending racial preferences against whites and males.

Whites are telling blacks to straighten their hair?

First I've heard of it.

You'd better parrot the SJW line if you want to get ahead in government and in corporate America.

Just look at the head of Mozilla who was fired because he was against gay marriage.

Obama was also against gay marriage just a few years ago, but let's see....that was okay because Obama was black, while the head of Mozilla was white.
LOL. You just played the race card. Bigly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They don't have to re brand themselves, they simply have to be who they claim to be but rarely are.

Perhaps someone like Tim Ryan could lead them in this direction but you can bet Pelosi is going to try and undercut him if he tries.
Oh, yes. Right back to the 'white working class." That is where Tim Ryan wants to take us. I can see the attraction but we need more.

Old 12-25-2016, 09:21 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

Oh, yes. Right back to the 'white working class." That is where Tim Ryan wants to take us. I can see the attraction but we need more.
More? More what? It was minorities NOT showing up that cost the (D)'s the election.

Old 12-25-2016, 12:06 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,903,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
The issue is that most people are not going to bother with anything of the sort that you are wanting to take comfort in, as proven by all the money and resources advertisers are devoting toward retargeting efforts that track the average user of the Internet, and that's a whole lot of people. I know, because I was one of those resources...
Anyone willing to take any effort to protect their information can. It only takes an interest and action to do so and anyone can be protected from such intrusion. Those unwilling to do so, well.. I really don't give a crap about. If one wishes to put a gun in their mouth because they are lazy, ignorant, or stupid... who am I to argue with the process of nature? Let them do as their genes demand!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies