Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 02:10 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runie View Post

Do you think this insult to Trump supporters was planned or was it merely a slip of the tongue? In any case, in my mind, this was one of the final straws that broke the camel's back.

I was proud to be called "Deplorable" by Hillary Clinton. It was an absolute demonstration of her and the left's utter contempt for honest working Americans. Robby Mook must be a complete idiot.

That's why her history landslide loss is especially delicious for us.

Old 12-22-2016, 02:14 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Insults have gone from insulting candidates to insulting our fellow Americans who support the other side, and in my opinion, that is going too far.

well, at the end of the day, There are 300 million of American people all trying to survive here in the United States of America, and although we have our differences, you would imagine that she hopes that we can work together to prosper in these tough times. But no, working together does not seem like her agenda.

I was surprised that someone with so much political experience would break the cardinal rule of politics, and that’s to NEVER ATTACK THE ELECTORATE.

Old 12-22-2016, 02:28 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,431,145 times
Quote:
I was just thinking back to Mrs. Clinton's statement (and usually it's Mr. Trump with the name calling), and I think calling supporters of her opponent "deplorable" was very ill-advised and foolish for a presidential hopeful who would eventually be president of the entire nation. If I were a Trump supporter I would surely be insulted and unforgiving of such a label.

Do you think this insult to Trump supporters was planned or was it merely a slip of the tongue? In any case, in my mind, this was one of the final straws that broke the camel's back.
Gotta shake your head when Trump insults practically every group of Americans except Angry White Guy (and applauded for not needed to be PC anymore) yet Clinton makes a comment about a subset of the Trump cult and it's dooming for her candidacy in many's eyes.

Trump's supporters where never going to vote for Clinton so whether they forgive or not is useless to contemplate.

Cyberhacking (Russian Hacks/Wikileaks doc release) and FBI Director's coming out were the two largest factors influencing the election.

But it's all over - six weeks ago. No sense dwelling over it except we need to find out how Russia was able to influence so it won't happen again.

Old 12-22-2016, 02:35 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,242,674 times
What Hillary said is what many Leftists believe but it did serve to motivate 'the Deplorables". As to whether or not that was the difference in the election, I tend to think not as voters for Trump were thinking about the economy, immigration, policing, and Supreme Court....those are the issues that elected him despite his many flaws.

Old 12-22-2016, 02:59 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Gotta shake your head when Trump insults practically every group of Americans except Angry White Guy (and applauded for not needed to be PC anymore) yet Clinton makes a comment about a subset of the Trump cult and it's dooming for her candidacy in many's eyes.

Trump's supporters where never going to vote for Clinton so whether they forgive or not is useless to contemplate.
Weird, isn't it? However, I think like Romney, it was that her message translated into "I couldn't care less what these people think because they are beneath me" for a large group of people. Plus, part of her argument for voting for her was that Trump insulted people and was intolerant of others not like himself. What do think she was saying?

Saying "basket of deplorables" will be discussed in future history and political science classes for some time to come. I was shocked she said it, and honestly, I would be surprised if she wasn't proud of it until the backlash hit the fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Cyberhacking (Russian Hacks/Wikileaks doc release) and FBI Director's coming out were the two largest factors influencing the election.

But it's all over - six weeks ago. No sense dwelling over it except we need to find out how Russia was able to influence so it won't happen again.
They certainly didn't help but all those emails/hacking did was reenforce what people already thought. After it was reported either they trashed Comey and defended Hillary or the opposite. Anyone who was a supporter was was not changed by that announcement.

Old 12-22-2016, 03:02 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times
Quote:
I was just thinking back to Mrs. Clinton's statement (and usually it's Mr. Trump with the name calling), and I think calling supporters of her opponent "deplorable" was very ill-advised and foolish for a presidential hopeful who would eventually be president of the entire nation. If I were a Trump supporter I would surely be insulted and unforgiving of such a label.

Oh it absolutely felt deliberate. To be clear, it wasn't just the one time either. The entirety of Hillary Clinton's campaign was loaded with proxies tossing out "racist" and "homophobic" and "misogynist" and "bigot" and "Islamophobe," and suggesting that Trump and anyone who would vote for him is clearly all of those things.

It was a gamble. The idea was to get people who support Trump to question themselves and what they stand for. Obviously, it backfired quite spectacularly. It goes down with Romney 47% quote and Bush Sr's "read my lips, no new taxes" quote. The statement alone didn't entirely doom Hillary to failure. It opened up a hole for Trump and he used it. In what turned out to be a game of inches, that statement moved the needle inches in Trump's favor. It will go down as the statement that lost her the election because even if it lost her only 1% of the vote in PA, MI, WI and elsewhere, it was enough.

Old 12-22-2016, 03:04 AM

well, when you really think about it,

Hillary is running against half of the American citizens. Trump is running against Hillary Clinton.

But in all fairness, I am not sure if playing nice is going to help her, either. Most people don't like her, nothing is going to change that.

Old 12-22-2016, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Oh it absolutely felt deliberate. To be clear, it wasn't just the one time either. The entirety of Hillary Clinton's campaign was loaded with proxies tossing out "racist" and "homophobic" and "misogynist" and "bigot" and "Islamophobe," and suggesting that Trump and anyone who would vote for him is clearly all of those things. .
well, in all fairness, many of her supporters do the same.

You vote for Trump, you are a racist.

Living here in Newport Beach, I've seen Democrats racists, they are really nothing special, they just know how to hide it a little better. lol

Old 12-22-2016, 03:24 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,895,086 times
Quote:

In her own words "what difference at this point does it make"....?

https://www.youtube.com/embed/BuW_7sktdBc

Far as I'm concerned, Hillary and the evaluation of her campaign is best left to historians. I'm ready to move on and get on with the business of restoring America.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 12-22-2016 at 04:42 AM..

Old 12-22-2016, 03:39 AM

3,406 posts, read 3,449,665 times
From what I gather she has said it many times before to her base in fundraisers. Her base is the well off who she got billions from. It plays well with them this line "basket of deplorables ".. in this case someone who didn't like her recorded it and leaked it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies