Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 01:53 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,271,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Well, what do we do then? Declare war on Islam?

Spoiler alert: There are 1.7 billion Muslims and 330 million Americans. We lose.
Not quite. About a billion 2 are drinking, dancing, not fasting, playing music not praying and generally are Muslims in name only. If you think 1.7 billion are going to pick up pitchforks and come after the west you are unduly alarmed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2016, 12:54 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,435,569 times
There's nothing easier than to defeat Muslims.

The British did it while running a world-wide empire.

We haven't done it because we lack the will to do it.

Old 12-27-2016, 03:50 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonedNewbie View Post
Unless you are The Most High, then not your country and not your rules. It's simply called Universal Law. Besides, you're just another citizen with an opinion like me and any American of the Muslim faith.
This is a majority Christian country, pal. It's always been one since the founding. Muslims are welcome in small numbers but as a patriot I'm not going to remain silent and let what has happened in Germany, happen here. Sorry.

Old 12-27-2016, 04:13 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
Think my dear Americans! Use your head for something other than a hat rack!
Articles: Islam Is the Problem
Think my dear war mongers! Use our military for defending our borders like the Constitution says and quit invading and occupying sovereign nations while murdering innocent people.

Old 12-27-2016, 04:22 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
That could be BUT they are still Muslims. Ever wonder why anywhere Islam is ruling they are doing pretty much the same things. They are separated by thousands of miles, speak different languages, have different cultures and don't even look the same but when it comes to governing they are not much different. What ISIS is doing in Raqqa is not much different than what Saudis do in Jedda or mullahs do in Tehran or Taliban does in Afghanistan. It is NOT "hijackng" of a religion, as politicians love to call it. It IS the religion.
Yes. The problem with Islam is that if you follow it like a fundamentalist, it's a violent, oppresive, authoritarian form of government.

Most of the peaceful Muslims in the world have never read the Koran in their native language and have been to Mosques where the Imams only preached nice things.

When they say that Islam is the religion of peace, westerners are fooling themselves. In Islam, peace will be when religion is only for Allah. Fundamentally, it's a world domination doctrine.

It's not the majority of Muslim people that are necessarily bad, it's the doctrine itself. ISIS' playbook? The Koran. They didn't hijack anything.

When you read it, it's not even very spiritual at all. More like a book full of rules and regulations with some violence and expansionist goals, and that expansion is pretty much by whatever means necessary.

It sure aint Buddhism my friends.

Old 12-27-2016, 04:23 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Think my dear war mongers! Use our military for defending our borders like the Constitution says and quit invading and occupying sovereign nations while murdering innocent people.
Agreed.

Old 12-27-2016, 06:31 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post

Yes, sending our armed forces to the ME is an exercise in ignorance and futility. And then we remove the people in power who kept the Islamists at bay, and so the Islamists end up in power. Who cares that Khadaffi and Hussein were brutal dictators. Like the Imams and Mullahs are any better that way, and the dictators weren't supporting groups like ISIS. Khadaffi wasn't even supporting terror groups anymore, he learned his lesson, and neither was Saddam. The same can be said of Assad.

Yet we topple these guys in the name of "human rights" and let the Imams take over? Our ME policies are just idiotic. Playing Wackamole. We would have been far better served just turning a blind eye on the dictators and letting them do what they did best. Keep the Islamists in line. But noooo, we have to fly in and play savior, make a mess we could never hope to clean up and give the Islamists a foreign invader to whip up against.

Those people don't understand or respect anything but naked, brutal force. Heads in baskets and on spears in the public square. We aren't going to change that. Those people do not need or want our 'gift" of democracy. We should just leave it be, and let them live as they have always lived.

Old 12-27-2016, 06:48 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
We are currently under a quiet invasion of Muslims now through Obama, the refugee programs, and a lax border policy.

While we are facing the possibility of violence now, I think the bigger threat is down the road from a population standpoint in the next generation or two. They will be populating... we will be doing abortions, killing ourselves at an early age through violence and bad lifestyles. They will get into government and that's how they will really make large changes.

Old 12-27-2016, 10:50 AM

1,544 posts, read 924,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
This is a majority Christian country, pal. It's always been one since the founding. Muslims are welcome in small numbers but as a patriot I'm not going to remain silent and let what has happened in Germany, happen here. Sorry.
The United States is only a Christian country because of the conquistadors forcing it upon indigenous people and the slave owners forcing it upon their chattel slaves.

Even I, who took up the Holy Qur'an at the age of 23, know the difference between a peaceful Muslim and some evil piece of crap like a member of Daesh (because Isis is an Egyptian goddess, not a terrorist group) who blasphemes against Allah by blowing stuff up in His name. He ain't a brother of mine if he kills in the name of Allah, because I've been told to let The Most High deal with my enemies while I live my life.

But hey, if you don't like my spiritual faith or the way I think, tough. Because, I'm not gonna kowtow to you or anybody else with your mindset.

Old 12-27-2016, 07:43 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,271,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonedNewbie View Post
Even I, who took up the Holy Qur'an at the age of 23, know the difference between a peaceful Muslim and some evil piece of crap like a member of Daesh
ISIS anticipated that Muslims like you will call them unIslamic and have assembled numerous passages from the Koran, Hadith and early practices of Muhammad. You can trace their atrocities pretty accurately to one of those 3 sources. Soldiers of Isalm were specifically promised that they can loot and enslave the women and children if they win the war. Throwing people off rooftops and setting them on fire are not ISIS inventions.

Yes, there are peaceful Muslims. They are those who don't follow Islam literally. They pray, fast and go to work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies