Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 09:34 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I've said this here a few times, liberalism has been hijacked, text book liberalism is good stuff. Life, liberty, free speech, etc etc.

Liberalism has morphed into this garbage we have in front of us, PC police, SJW's, everyone wins a trophy, and this stupid "micro aggressions" stuff along with the safe space crapola. Can't say it like it is now.

It's gone too far left and I say this as a guy that is center slight left leaning. Personal responsibility has gone down the crapper and has been that way for a few decades now. I have some political views that would abhor a true conservative but I gotta say, things need to get back to a point where we lose some of this free for all and no blaming or judging approach we have now.

We need to get back to a point where there is a little shame for bad behavior or at least behavior that causes misery and grief to innocent people. This me me approach we're in now isn't working and something needs to change.

I along with many other who feel this way and I think it's part of why Clinton got the boot, along with other things as well. I personally didn't even vote for Trump, but he's here, I hope he succeeds and moves us forward, that's about all we can do.
Total agreement. If there were more like you, and less like the others, I would respect the Dem party a whole lot more. I would probably never vote Dem, but at least I would believe that even the Dems had everyone's best interest in mind. The current voice for liberalism? No. Don't believe that one bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2016, 09:39 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I didn't see the word "environment" in your original post, so you are incorrect.
Your biggest fear is the "environment"? Yet you voted for Hillary all the while knowing that she wanted to amnesty all the illegals, leave the border unprotected so that illegals could daily trample over fragile desert eco-systems and she also wanted to increase the number of H1-Bs.

If you support all of that^^^^and yet still claim to care about the environment, then you are a hypocrite.

Old 12-23-2016, 10:50 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,528,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Liberal hysteria is increasing hourly the closer we get to January 20.
Not so much, sorry. This liberal, and most folks in "my world" have accepted that we LOST big time. Now I'm content to sit back, watch Trump and his billionaire appointees destroy our country and watch the deplorable continue to blame the "elite" for the coming reasoning. Pass the popcorn

Old 12-23-2016, 11:04 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Not so much, sorry. This liberal, and most folks in "my world" have accepted that we LOST big time. Now I'm content to sit back, watch Trump and his billionaire appointees destroy our country and watch the deplorable continue to blame the "elite" for the coming reasoning. Pass the popcorn
I am still seeing the fallout of eight years of well spoken and clean bs.

I finished my popcorn.

Old 12-23-2016, 11:07 AM

15,632 posts, read 10,388,492 times
Quote:
[snip]Now I'm content to sit back, watch Trump and his billionaire appointees destroy our country and watch the deplorable continue to blame the "elite" for the coming reasoning. Pass the popcorn
I know how you feel. I felt the same way during the last 8 years while I watched Obama and progressive policies make an absolute mess of my country by turning victimization into an Olympic sport, placing needs of illegals above Americans, and ruining my health care insurance options.

I couldn't be happier a real leader will be back in charge in just a few weeks.

Old 12-23-2016, 11:09 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,528,172 times
I'm happy for you

Old 12-23-2016, 11:10 AM

15,632 posts, read 10,388,492 times
Quote:
I'm happy for you
Thank you.

Old 12-23-2016, 11:48 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
I created a happiness thread !!!

Hmm....do I take credit for it or apologize ?

Ahh..........that's the Christmas spirit !!! No therapy dogs were harmed in making this thread.

Old 12-23-2016, 12:07 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
[quote=Logan Savage;46590437]The problem is the media has gone to h--- in a handbasket . They can't seem to accurately report the news as it actually is . They have to push their own agenda & twist & spin everything they report . Take a snippet here & a snippet there to spin it to whatever they want it to say instead of what really happened or what was really said .[/QUOTE

If people were actually concerned with what really happened there would have been more questioning of how Trump happened to be the only person on earth to see "thousands and thousands" celebrating the 9/11 attacks in the streets of Jersey City

Old 12-23-2016, 12:18 PM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Actually most liberals are now kind of worried about nuclear war. Yeah we thought we were past that, but hey look at trump and Putin talking about how important it is to work on more nuclear weapons today.
I thought it was a weird thing to say, but then again, if Russia and the United States are on the same side, it would work as a huge deterrent to the people in the Middle East trying to start a new nuclear arms race. I do not think either Putin or Trump want to set the world on fire, but those mullahs are another story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies