Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 07:10 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,477,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper1372 View Post
So you think I have a short memory because you think I like and support obstructionist Mitch McConnell and now need to face the music ? You assume I'm a republican (and that of course would automatically mean I love Mitch McConnell) because I very much disagree with something Michelle Obama said ?
Why do you "assume" I assume you are a Republican? Where in any of my post did I say you were a republican or even inferred it? Quote me the words, please. I made a comment on McConnell - never once was I talking about YOU. I don't care about your party affiliation.

The GOP - to the detriment of this country- obstructed for an entire eight years and THEY WON - so clearly those tactics work politically. And, in DC, that is ALL that matters.

Further, your comments on standing behind Trump are hilarious. Why would any sane, thinking patriot do that? The man is a shallow-minded, nonthinking lunatic, not to mention a serial liar, crook, thief, and mentally unhinged adolescent.

Quote:
I don't have a party, and haven't for quite a number of years now. I don't like obstructionist people period, regardless of their party affiliation, or lack thereof.
Nor do I have a party affiliation - never did.

Quote:
I think if you look, objectively if you can, you'll find members of both parties over the past any number of years have been obstructionist when they have had to power to do so. If you think it's just republicans that are the problem, you're mistaken, and you'd be mis-identifying the problem in Washington DC. The problem isn't any particular party....it's the general attitude.....and a bad destructive, win at all costs attitude that knows no party boundaries.
This is true. Still doesn't negate the GOP obstructionism to the detriment of the country - which is a WINNING strategy politically. Which makes the GOP even more cancerous.

Clearly, the more obstructive they are, they more successful they are - and you elected that entire destructive/obstructive party into governance of this country.

Quote:
Trumps no republican, I know that, and I think many others do too. That was part of his appeal to me. He ran under the "R" banner, but that doesn't make him one. I could call my house Buckingham Palace, but that doesn't make it so.
Trump isn't anything but the Party of Trump. In addition, he is a liar, just told all his stupid supporters his rallying cries on the trail were snake oil to rile the braindead masses and now they should ignore all that.

Quote:
Since you appear to think we have no hope, and if we survive Trump it will be a miracle, are you saying we should just pack it in as a country, give up and just be demoralized until the end of the USA comes ? I'd be curious how else you could define your statement "If we survive Trump, it will be a miracle". If YOU have no hope, why are you even posting on here ? What's the point ? It's done, it's over, we're finished, right ? Might as well sit back, relax, and enjoy our few remaining days without worrying about what will come anyway. Miracles aren't common, so we shouldn't really expect one.
None of your business why I'm posting. If you don't like my opinions, put me on ignore - then you won't need to waste the time writing a response. In other words, what you don't know doesn't affect you.

Clearly, given the responses (and reps) I've had up to this point - the truth hurts.

An inconvenient truth - Trump is an idiot. Deal with it.

Quote:
It's appears you're an "eye for an eye" guy, so at this rate, we'll never get out of this mess. Someone has to be the bigger person, or party, and decide to do something constructive, rather than a mind that considers "getting even" the highest calling in politics....or life in general. You must be fun to live with if getting even is your typical default behavior. It's no wonder you see no hope. I guess if we all act like you're saying we should, perhaps there truly is no hope. Seems it would be a self-fulfilling prophesy.
Bigger person? Would that be the schoolyard bully name-caller in chief Donald Trump??? Is that the BIGGER PERSON you've elected???? I don't call him big. He is a LITTLE man. So, now you're saying we should all suck it up and let this moronic lunatic ruin this country and world???

You REALLY believe the thin-skinned, 3 a.m., nonstop liar and thief will "get us out of this mess"???

Oh, boy are you in for a disappointment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vesperbelle View Post
Wow you sound like a bitter and nasty liberal with a message of anger and hate. If you would stop choking over your words and overflowing thoughts you would understand my point on that post was if Michelle Obama was a better first lady, she would have delivered a message of hope to her people regardless if she had hope or not. It's not about you and your not having hope. It's about the first lady and her pathetic message in her exit interview for the world to see. This is a time to come together as a country and stand behind the man that will become your president, and if you continue down the path you're going, expect your party to lose again at the next election. At this point, remember that if our future president Donald Trump fails we as a country will fail!
Wow - you sound like a bitter and nasty conservative with a message of anger and hate. You've learned well from the master of nasty and hate - Donald Trump.

Talk about complete drivel.........hahahahahahahahaha - hardly choking over my words - ROFLMAO is what I'm doing at the never-ending outer space parallel universe of the Trump supporter.

And, just sayin' like it is - but, of course - an inconvenient and uncomfortable truth is better ignored and denied. Right out of the Trump playbook.

Quote:
I didn't vote for Obama, but when he was elected I got behind him and prayed/hoped for the best. I didn't go on City Data to spout my distaste and negativity. Try to stay on the positive. I love the people of this country and it's time to come together and back this man. The far left media did a number on us all and slandered Trump like no other in history, wise up and open your eyes.
OMG - who started the slander and name-calling?

What world are you living in??? Were you paying attention at all???

Donald Trump developed gutter-level campaigning spewing bigger and better lies and insults into an ART FORM. Trump and his birtherism for five years - used only to get attention. Lyin' Ted, Little Marco, Look at that Face Fiorina - 3 a.m adolescent maniacal tweets - and now saber rattling on twitter.

Geezus - GET REAL ABOUT THIS LUNATIC MORON YOU HAVE ELECTED!!!!

Further - I am free - as are YOU - to do anything I choose. Don't spout. I will.

You don't like my posts - put me on ignore. You'll be happier.

And, be prepared - the worst is yet to come.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 12-23-2016 at 07:40 PM..

Old 12-23-2016, 07:55 PM

207 posts, read 507,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Why do you "assume" I assume you are a Republican? Where in any of my post did I say you were a republican or even inferred it? Quote me the words, please. I made a comment on McConnell - never once was I talking about YOU. I don't care about your party affiliation.

The GOP - to the detriment of this country- obstructed for an entire eight years and THEY WON - so clearly those tactics work politically. And, in DC, that is ALL that matters.

Further, your comments on standing behind Trump are hilarious. Why would any sane, thinking patriot do that? The man is a shallow-minded, nonthinking lunatic, not to mention a serial liar, crook, thief, and mentally unhinged adolescent.

Nor do I have a party affiliation - never did.

This is true. Still doesn't negate the GOP obstructionism to the detriment of the country - which is a WINNING strategy politically. Which makes the GOP even more cancerous.

Clearly, the more obstructive they are, they more successful they are - and you elected that entire destructive/obstructive party into governance of this country.

Trump isn't anything but the Party of Trump. In addition, he is a liar, just told all his stupid supporters his rallying cries on the trail were snake oil to rile the braindead masses and now they should ignore all that.

None of your business why I'm posting. If you don't like my opinions, put me on ignore - then you won't need to waste the time writing a response. In other words, what you don't know doesn't affect you.

Clearly, given the responses (and reps) I've had up to this point - the truth hurts.

An inconvenient truth - Trump is an idiot. Deal with it.

Bigger person? Would that be the schoolyard bully name-caller in chief Donald Trump??? Is that the BIGGER PERSON you've elected???? I don't call him big. He is a LITTLE man. So, now you're saying we should all suck it up and let this moronic lunatic ruin this country and world???

You REALLY believe the thin-skinned, 3 a.m., nonstop liar and thief will "get us out of this mess"???

Oh, boy are you in for a disappointment.

Wow - you sound like a bitter and nasty conservative with a message of anger and hate. You've learned well from the master of nasty and hate - Donald Trump.

Talk about complete drivel.........hahahahahahahahaha - hardly choking over my words - ROFLMAO is what I'm doing at the never-ending outer space parallel universe of the Trump supporter.

And, just sayin' like it is - but, of course - an inconvenient and uncomfortable truth is better ignored and denied. Right out of the Trump playbook.

OMG - who started the slander and name-calling?

What world are you living in??? Were you paying attention at all???

Donald Trump developed gutter-level campaigning spewing bigger and better lies and insults into an ART FORM. Trump and his birtherism for five years - used only to get attention. Lyin' Ted, Little Marco, Look at that Face Fiorina - 3 a.m adolescent maniacal tweets - and now saber rattling on twitter.

Geezus - GET REAL ABOUT THIS LUNATIC MORON YOU HAVE ELECTED!!!!

Further - I am free - as are YOU - to do anything I choose. Don't spout. I will.

You don't like my posts - put me on ignore. You'll be happier.

And, be prepared - the worst is yet to come.

I'm sorry you are so angry and bitter. I couldn't be happier and more hopeful. I will pray for you to calm down and have more peace for the new year.

Old 12-23-2016, 08:03 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry you are so angry and bitter. I couldn't be happier and more hopeful. I will pray for you to calm down and have more peace for the new year.
So, instead of recognition of the inconvenient truth of the disaster/monstrosity you have elected, you resort to denial? That's one way of maintaining your obliviousness, I suppose. As for your happiness, regrettably it will be very short-lived. PEACE is the LAST thing you, or any of us, will have in 2017.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 12-23-2016 at 08:28 PM..

Old 12-23-2016, 08:12 PM

207 posts, read 507,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
I am sorry you are in such complete denial. I am aware that to recognize the catastrophe is far too unsettling - much better to manufacturer a fantasy. As far as your happiness - wow - I do feel sorry for you. You are in for a very unhappy reality. I can assure you PEACE is the LAST thing you or any of us will have in 2017.
Ok Grinch, good grief! give it up. Talk about doom and gloom, you have that down REAL good!! I'll say an extra prayer for you.

Old 12-23-2016, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Ok Grinch, good grief! give it up. Talk about doom and gloom, you have that down REAL good!! I'll say an extra prayer for you.
Nope, not giving it up as long as people live in an alternative reality. When a man lies, he's a liar. When he steals, he's a thief. When he calls people names, he's a name-caller. When he bullies others, he's a bully. When he's intellectually incurious and surrounds himself with unintelligent irresponsible ideologues, he becomes dangerous. Nope, where Trump is concerned, I shall remain a Grinch.

Old 12-23-2016, 08:30 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,543,209 times
Dems 8 year looting of the Treasury is coming to an end. Looting is all they know.

Old 12-23-2016, 08:34 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,030,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonedNewbie View Post
Maybe because Drümpf is a vile, uncouth, scummy piece of , perhaps? Much like those who get their rocks off in disrespecting Mrs. Obama. I'm not naming names; you know who you are.

I'm sure somebody on this thread is going to get all in their feelings and respond to my post with emotionally laced insults and whatnot because I share the same sentiments as the FLOTUS. I suggest you choose your words wisely instead of calling me a "liberal" or "racist" without resources to back up your rebuttals.
I honestly think this might be the funniest post I've ever read here.

Old 12-23-2016, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Dems 8 year looting of the Treasury is coming to an end. Looting is all they know.
Ah, a history revisionist, now. OMG - looting is what happened during the Bush years. Unfunded tax cuts (theft - outright THEFT) and wars - all so the upper 1% could get more of our money - leading to the biggest financial collapse since the Depression. Gotta love that alternate universe - The Mad Hatter's Tea Party never ends.

Old 12-23-2016, 08:57 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,838,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger
Why would she say something like this?
The first intelligent thing he has ever said!! (YES HE)

No there probably IS NOT any hope!!

Old 12-23-2016, 09:43 PM

1,761 posts, read 1,713,860 times
Let's see, I've learned a whole new vocabulary here....lol.

Just on this thread, I've heard Trump called an idiot, a moron, a liar, a thief, a name caller, a bully, intellectually incurious, a monstrosity, a little man (I would assume small hands go along with this), lunatic moron (it's extra bad when you add an adjective to moron), ignorant madman, carnival barker, lying madman, a disaster....and I'm sure I've missed a few :-)

We all know Trump wouldn't have been our first pick for a presidential candidate, but he ended up on the ballot, and like many people of all political stripes, we realized that we had horrible choices to pick from.

Joe Bidden's thoughts on the election were featured in an article in the LA Times today. I agree with much (not all, but most) of what he said. Explains the election result very well. Google to find the article. It's a good read.

There's a lot of heat being produced in this thread, but not much light to guide a civil intelligent conversation where we can learn from each others opinions. When the name calling and personal attacks on anyone and everyone start en masse, it's time to check out. Some ruin it for all unfortunately. Hope everyone has a good night.

Last edited by jasper1372; 12-23-2016 at 09:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies