Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2016, 09:40 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron210 View Post
Thank god somebody gets it. I hate it when I talk to a woman and she automatically thinks that I am trying to hit on her.

\

Oh can it, will you? Nice Original Username btw.

You are so right.

That's not true, what bout the Indians? They didn't speak English? And the Spanish were here before the anglos were.

What difference does it make who spoke what languages long ago? Our national de facto language is English and has been for a long, long time. Our Constitution and laws are in English. Most Americans speak English as their primary language. We are noted for being an English speaking country.

Old 12-24-2016, 09:47 AM

94 posts, read 68,594 times
You're talking about that gay guy that harassed Ivanka Trump, right?

Old 12-24-2016, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Actually, that isn't quite true. One woman was in line paying and her sister came up and added a couple of things to her purchase. People do that all the time and it is not considered cutting in line really. I have occasionally had my husband in line and added to our purchases with something we forgot.

It's the rant that is getting the attention because of what the woman said. You can be angry without trying to tell people they should *go back where they came from* which might actually be in the same town. We don't know where the Latina women were born.

I think it's rude to be paying for a purchase and someone comes up and piles more stuff on it when you have a long line waiting. Yes, people do it but I think it's rude. It is cutting in line in a sense.

Here are the facts all races and ethnicities can be rude however in some cultures pushing, shoving and cutting in line are a part of their culture. It's a survival thing as weird as it sounds. Not saying this was the case here but just posting the facts.

None of what I stated above is defending the loudmouthed woman either.

Old 12-24-2016, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Who's playing victim? It's an observation, the woman LITERALLY said it. Here's another example (the usual type) of a woman berating someone, that was talked about on this forum.

WATCH: Woman Confronts Man for Using Food Stamps at Walmart

"You're not providing for it, I am."

You should probably stop using terms when you don't know what they mean or know how to apply it in the right context.

You should probably own up to playing the victim card. Your words were " That line always comes up with these types in these stories". You created as set of victims by making an erroneous claim.

Old 12-24-2016, 10:16 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I think it's rude to be paying for a purchase and someone comes up and piles more stuff on it when you have a long line waiting. Yes, people do it but I think it's rude. It is cutting in line in a sense.

Here are the facts all races and ethnicities can be rude however in some cultures pushing, shoving and cutting in line are a part of their culture. It's a survival thing as weird as it sounds. Not saying this was the case here but just posting the facts.

Except the thing is it is people. If the lady would have said ugh or rolled her eyes, it is nothing different from what I do. What she did however was comment based on her ethnicity. Imagine someone saying that about white people. I've been there and it does suck.

Old 12-24-2016, 10:21 AM

35,680 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:

You ever see the shoving at Walmart - Best Buy toys r us on a Black Friday? El white brigade be the ones pushing ! So as for culture. You are profiling ! In Miami this weekend, now I have seen the same scenario at least 5 times, Jc Penney, Macy's, Walgreens, Ross and the grocery store. Rude yes it's rude, but not fatal. And nobody called anyone racial names. As a cashier, I would stop them from causing a ruckus. Was not just a quick. Hey you ! She went on and on, I'd least call the manager. She is a pig! And I would have stopped her -nasty bully

Last edited by tinytrump; 12-24-2016 at 10:29 AM..

Old 12-24-2016, 10:31 AM

1,649 posts, read 1,007,335 times
She's just saying what most people think to be honest.

Also, what's racist about this? She never mentions race once. If she said this to some Eastern Europeans would it suddenly not be racist?

Old 12-24-2016, 10:45 AM

1,548 posts, read 912,527 times
Man, screw JC Penney. That place deserves more incidents like this. Hate that place.

Old 12-24-2016, 10:58 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,169,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post

Also, what's racist about this? She never mentions race once. If she said this to some Eastern Europeans would it suddenly not be racist?
Because Hispanic is not a race. Another example of the dumpster fire that is the U.S. Education System.

And the point is, she wouldn't have said "Go back where the f*** you come from" to a group of Eastern Europeans, because she wouldn't have made an assumption that they don't "belong" here, based on their appearance/skin color.

I mean really, it's not difficult to understand, at all.

Quote:
You should probably own up to playing the victim card. Your words were " That line always comes up with these types in these stories". You created as set of victims by making an erroneous claim.
You legitimately have no idea what you are talking about. I made an observation, based on a fact from the video and then provided another example to support my observation, and of course, you have nothing intelligent or accurate to respond with.

You then decide to use a term that not only does not apply to me, but it's not even being used in the correct context.

"Speak English" , and she uses some of the most hideously incorrect grammar. Surprise, surprise.

Old 12-24-2016, 11:05 AM

35,680 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post

Condoning bad behavior ? Let the kids know. Ok, so they can use it on you... It's perfectly ok right ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies