Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2016, 11:10 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,174,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Condoning bad behavior ? Let the kids know. Ok, so they can use it on you... It's perfectly ok right ?
Condoning it, because it was directed towards a brown person.

Let it be a Hillary supporter verbally attacking a Trump supporter and I guarantee you that poster's tone would be different.

Old 12-24-2016, 11:14 AM

1,378 posts, read 737,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
My general impression about line cutters is simply this: line cutters having no sense of kinship with the society they live within. Those people have no sense of 'community' and see other people as merely competition in their way, so there is no guilt felt if a line is cut. They really ruin it for everyone else around them.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread. My family has several retail shops in the shopping mall, i pretty much deal with line cutters on daily basis. I just view these people as selfish people or rude. Line cutters are foreign travelers/shoppers, or local people. They happen to be white, yellow, brown, black etc. It is not exclusively one race problem.

All these being said, If you want to be assertive you can always tell the person in a firm voice where the back of the line is. Either say something or keep quiet, would be my solution.

There is no doubt in my mind that this older woman lost her cool. There is no single justification of mentioning the lady shopper's ethnicity. Plus, there are many people in America speak more than 1 language , and they should have the total freedom to speak the language they feel comfortable with in public, in the mall. Mall is not a government building, is it?

This lady shopper could be a foreign traveler. Mentioning welfare or telling her to go back to her own country is completely uncalled for.

Even though I am a business owner, I don't believe in "customers are always right", nor do I tolerate rude behavior. If I saw a line cutter in my store, I politely tell him/her where the back of the line is, or I will say "I am sorry, sir, or ma'am, this lady (or gentleman) was here first." It looks like the store clerk needs some training, as well.

I stated this on another post, but i believe that the two women came together and either got separated or she forgot something and left to go get it.

Old 12-24-2016, 12:58 PM

5,047 posts, read 6,349,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
She's just saying what most people think to be honest.

Also, what's racist about this? She never mentions race once. If she said this to some Eastern Europeans would it suddenly not be racist?
"What people think." Hmmm. For what it's worth, I have never for a second assumed a woman being of Hispanic ethnicity, or speaking Spanish with a friend, meant she had to have come to the U.S. from "somewhere else".

Or that they must be paying for their purchases using welfare.

I doubt I'm alone in my thinking. I have a lot of flaws, but certainly not stereotyping Hispanics the way this woman did.

Old 12-24-2016, 02:28 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Because Hispanic is not a race. Another example of the dumpster fire that is the U.S. Education System.

And the point is, she wouldn't have said "Go back where the f*** you come from" to a group of Eastern Europeans, because she wouldn't have made an assumption that they don't "belong" here, based on their appearance/skin color.

I mean really, it's not difficult to understand, at all.

You legitimately have no idea what you are talking about. I made an observation, based on a fact from the video and then provided another example to support my observation, and of course, you have nothing intelligent or accurate to respond with.

You then decide to use a term that not only does not apply to me, but it's not even being used in the correct context.

"Speak English" , and she uses some of the most hideously incorrect grammar. Surprise, surprise.

Her type would have said the same thing to an Eastern European woman not speaking English. Most of them are pretty brown also. Again the victim card for Hispanics.

No, what you did is stereotype by using the word "always". One can use incorrect grammar and still be able communicate in their native language effectively. You're probably one of those that doesn't want to make English our official language because some who do may not speak English perfectly. It's rare when anyone speaks their native language perfectly.

Old 12-24-2016, 02:38 PM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
"What people think." Hmmm. For what it's worth, I have never for a second assumed a woman being of Hispanic ethnicity, or speaking Spanish with a friend, meant she had to have come to the U.S. from "somewhere else".

Or that they must be paying for their purchases using welfare.

I doubt I'm alone in my thinking. I have a lot of flaws, but certainly not stereotyping Hispanics the way this woman did.

Nor do I make such an assumption. There are millions of Hispanic Americans here and legal immigrants also. I have found that many Hispanic-Americans prefer Spanish over English in public so that's why I never assume that they are here illegally.

Old 12-24-2016, 03:12 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron210 View Post
I stated this on another post, but i believe that the two women came together and either got separated or she forgot something and left to go get it.
Which it seems to have been the case. I've helped my mother this way before and most times I say excuse me if there is a line.

Old 12-24-2016, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Her type would have said the same thing to an Eastern European woman not speaking English. Most of them are pretty brown also. Again the victim card for Hispanics.
And yet, I've not yet seen one example of this, ever. I'd ask for a link, but I know that won't happen.

Quote:
No, what you did is stereotype by using the word "always". One can use incorrect grammar and still be able communicate in their native language effectively. You're probably one of those that doesn't want to make English our official language because some who do may not speak English perfectly. It's rare when anyone speaks their native language perfectly.
I used "always" in describing trashy people like this, because only trashy people (what I'd really say is against TOS) do what this woman did.

She wouldn't know what correct grammar is if it popped out of her JcPenney's shopping bag and bit her in the nose.

That second to last sentence is just...wow.

Old 12-24-2016, 04:13 PM

1,649 posts, read 1,008,461 times
One think that can be taken from this thread is that a lot of libs absolutely relish seeing white people behave like fools. The only thing that could have gave these types a bigger stiffy is if the white person behaving poorly was a man as well.

You have to understand a victim mentality from a psychological perspective to truly grasp why these people love to see white people fail. Had this lady been African American, we wouldn't even be having a conversation about it right now. This is because it wouldn't even be newsworthy. There would be no shock value to cons, and most libs would view both parties as victims, or they be overwhelmed with the guilt and hit the ignore button mentally.

My brother and sister-in-law are perfect examples of this mentality. They will defend someone that they see as being at a social disadvantage in almost any scenario. Whether it's bad service in a restaurant, petty crime, or racism they will go out of their way to compromise or give a free pass two individuals or groups they see as being the underdog. Add to this that their behavior is almost the exact opposite when said individuals or groups are what they view as being privileged.

A video such as this would literally give pleasure to my sister-in-law. She would be consumed with a euphoric sense of happiness. It was the same thing with that Stanford swimmer. You could see the sense of excitement in her emotions. A very rich white kid "the man" was about to be put into his place. It was almost like watching someone like myself see a 40-1 Underdog win at a sporting event.

Last edited by jrt1979; 12-24-2016 at 04:21 PM..

Old 12-24-2016, 04:25 PM

1,378 posts, read 737,791 times
Quote:
The woman probably thought that she was here illegally or not born here (not that she should have assumed that) and therefore the remark. What does what one's ancestors white or otherwise have to do with this? You can't go back to where you came from if you were born here. You didn't come from somewhere else. There were no original people here anyway. All of our ancestors migrated here from somewhere else.
True, so this lady has no right to tell anyone to go anywhere.

Quote:
One think that can be taken from this thread is that a lot of libs absolutely relish seeing white people behave like fools. The only thing that could have gave these types a bigger stiffy is if the white person behaving poorly was a man as well.

You have to understand a victim mentality from a psychological perspective to truly grasp why these people love to see white people fail. Had this lady been African American, we wouldn't even be having a conversation about it right now. This is because it wouldn't even be newsworthy. There would be no shock value to cons, and most libs would view both parties as victims, or they be overwhelmed with the guilt and hit the ignore button mentally.

My brother and sister-in-law are perfect examples of this mentality. They will defend someone that they see as being at a social disadvantage in almost any scenario. Whether it's bad service in a restaurant, petty crime, or racism they will go out of their way to compromise or give a free pass two individuals or groups they see as being the underdog. Add to this that their behavior is almost the exact opposite when said individuals or groups are what they view as being privileged.

A video such as this would literally give pleasure to my sister-in-law. She would be consumed with a euphoric sense of happiness. It was the same thing with that Stanford swimmer. You could see the sense of excitement in her emotions. A very rich white kid "the man" was about to be put into his place. It was almost like watching someone like myself see a 40-1 Underdog win at a sporting event.
So what you are saying is that you condone racism?

Old 12-24-2016, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Almost as amazing as bringing black people into this thread is somehow making this about liberals.

I will note you are painting this woman and others as the victim. Hilarious.

Quote:
Lol, good grief.

A) Someone already posted a video of an African American lady acting out up thread.
B) I guess you ignore all the threads on this forum targeting African Americans. To put it in your terms, "Had (the people in those threads) been white, we wouldn't even be having a conversation about it right now." Example: 6 cops killed, 10 shot, by 5 white men over the course of a week, and only one thread on this forum about it. Conservatives went crazy when a black guy murdered cops (shock value), but absolute crickets when it's a white guy (hit the ignore button mentally).

^ You have to understand a racist mentality from a psychological perspective to truly grasp why these people love to see black people fail.

See how that works?

Quote:
Hopefully they will be spending their holidays in a more pleasant, peaceful environment this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies