Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 11:16 AM

1,160 posts, read 712,952 times

Advertisements

another poll we are supposed to believe from pollsters who can't predict anything accurately
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2016, 11:18 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Ok. They don't have to speak up so their voice won't be heard and what you complained about will continue, as will your complaining about it.

That sounds like a good plan.
No, the problem is not with the lack of every liberal adding nuance to the discussion. The problem is the conservatives are dismissing nuance entirely, either out of ignorance or malice. And that same problem goes both ways too. Plenty of unfair assumptions are made about conservatives.

I, as a liberal who does not support excessive gun control, do not feel I should have to point out that people like me exist because you as a conservative find it easier to pretend that I don't so you may make blanket statements that you surely know cannot be true.

Old 12-23-2016, 11:25 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I'm guessing a mass suicide on January 20th.

Any liberals that don't partake in the event will claim that Putin killed their brethren.
Au contraire mon ami

Old 12-23-2016, 11:29 AM

45,378 posts, read 60,561,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
No, the problem is not with the lack of every liberal adding nuance to the discussion. The problem is the conservatives are dismissing nuance entirely, either out of ignorance or malice. And that same problem goes both ways too. Plenty of unfair assumptions are made about conservatives.

I, as a liberal who does not support excessive gun control, do not feel I should have to point out that people like me exist because you as a conservative find it easier to pretend that I don't so you may make blanket statements that you surely know cannot be true.
I don't "pretend" anything. I know you exist. I admit such frequently. However, no one else knows it.

Remember the demonizing of gun owners which happens daily here by people way less knowledgeable than you. Scroll through the topics sometime. You might be amazed at the stupid.

Old 12-23-2016, 11:50 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,368,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
There is nothing new about it. Even the article says 32% of Democrats already own guns.
They just don't want anyone else to own them.

Old 12-23-2016, 11:52 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,368,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post

It doesn't matter if you don't support excessive gun control when you vote for politicians who do.

Old 12-23-2016, 01:54 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Ask BBC news.
I'm asking you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Considering that the vast majority of them have never owned one before much less carried one in combat conditions I'm not worried about it.........
How would you know who has ever owned what?

I just love it how you conservatives like talking tough when it comes to guns. LMAO..."combat conditions."

Please. Anyone can play the tough guy with a gun in his hand. It's what you do when you DON'T have a firearm that takes the measure of a person. What would you do then?

Nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Doesn't bother me in the least bit. The issue with your statement is that the Majority of them can't own guns. Lets look at the recent election as a example of Gun Ownership. All of you on the Left crow about Hillary winning the popular vote. They did that because of population Density. Populations in the gun controlled regions of the country. What are they going to do become instant law breakers? California has an 0 tolerance for semiautomatic sporting arms like the AR or AK variants. As does New York. The key to owning firearms is practice, practice, practice, Where will they do that? I see it turning out badly for the new gun owners.
Yeah, right.

Anyone in this country can get their hands on a gun....legally or otherwise. Hicks aren't the only people that know how to handle guns despite what you think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
A high percentage of Democrats are felons, so not too impressed with their gun buying spree.
So what does that mean? You won't die from a bullet if a convicted felon is the shooter?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJR1 View Post
Remember liberals; when taking selfies with your gun pointed at your head keep your finger on the trigger or people will think you're a noob and laugh at you.
Uh huh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Guns are pretty cheap right now. Or perhaps they are more reasonably priced now that folks can't be scared into believing guns will be outlawed soon. It might be nice to get four or five at these prices while a Republican is in office.
The gun companies are gonna miss President Obama like you wouldn't believe. ByeBye huge profits made by scaring people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
They just don't want anyone else to own them.
Did some lib tell you that they don't want you owning a gun?

If so, that might be something that you need to investigate. A little introspection might be necessary. Obviously they don't think your state of mind is too good.

Old 12-23-2016, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
It doesn't matter if you don't support excessive gun control when you vote for politicians who do.
Sure, to a point. But most people vote based on a few issues and are willing to vote for things they don't agree with so long as they agree on the key issues. That's not exclusive to liberals; if you vote at all, you've almost certainly done that. Sometimes people get lucky and find really well rounded candidates they like, but I can tell you from my experience, that's exceedingly hard to come by anymore.

Liberals as a whole aren't an interested in the gun debate. Many just aren't passionate about it and that goes both ways. Most don't defend it from any criticism and most also don't spend much time criticizing it. In theory, they tend to believe that the right to defend oneself is absolutely necessary but think there should be regulations to promote public safety, but for most liberals, that's not why they go to the polls. If you fail to understand that, I have no sympathy for you when some **** says all conservatives are racist if they voted for Trump. None. I recognize that 1) Donald Trump's policy isn't' really racist, and 2) even if what he says can be seen as racist, few Trump supporters are. They voted on a few key issues to them based on some things they believe. Plenty of Trump voters I know said they disagreed with him on some things, but agreed with him enough to look past that. I don't view those people as hypocrites or as supporting those things. For better or worse, a democratic system tends to require us to sometimes accept views we don't like.

Theoretically, the courts will uphold gun rights anyway, so you've nothing major to fear, especially now that Trump will likely have the opportunity to pick two new justices, possibly more. It's unlikely he'll be picking super liberal justices, even though I think the idea of liberal and conservative justices is horrifying.

Old 12-23-2016, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I don't "pretend" anything. I know you exist. I admit such frequently. However, no one else knows it.

Remember the demonizing of gun owners which happens daily here by people way less knowledgeable than you. Scroll through the topics sometime. You might be amazed at the stupid.
I assure you. I know how stupid people.

I was hasty in my judgment of you, so I'll take that back.

It's really quite problematic, this situation. Look on, well, any political forum, be it this one or reddit or whichever, and most political debates are entirely one sided. Liberals will congregate into one section and say what they think conservatives believe, and vice versa, and just fester this uninformed, inaccurate idea of how the world really looks. It's why so many are so convinced that liberals want your freedom and conservatives are racist. It's an absurd narrative on both sides. Plenty on both sides know it's untrue, the problem is that many of these people are just smart enough to not get involved in this garbage in the first place.

Old 12-23-2016, 02:19 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

Yeah, right.

Anyone in this country can get their hands on a gun....legally or otherwise. Hicks aren't the only people that know how to handle guns despite what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnJZ2haLPCw

You better get to training yo b*tches!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies