Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 08:56 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,707,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Of course I did. I believe he won't start the war, especially nuclear war. That is why I voted him. duh.
But starting a nuclear arms race is a good idea?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2016, 08:57 AM

39,226 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
But starting a nuclear arms race is a good idea?
What is your point? You asked me one question, and I answered. and now this?

I don't think it is a good idea. I certainly don't think it is a bad idea. lol So meh. I expected this kind of behavior from Trump, so I don't worry.

Old 12-23-2016, 08:58 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
well, why did you vote for him then? lol Nobody drank the kool-aid. I just found you a bit odd. You voted for him and yet, you are his biggest critic. lol Do you think he would be any different? Before and after the election? This kind of behavior is expected. If you did not believe in him (in your word" drank the kool-aid) Why did you vote for him? sheesh

Hasn't he been? He did after all talk about being a political outsider and 'draining the swamp' yet now it seems as if he's dredging the swamp to make more room for the same type of insiders that have inhabited it for quite some time now.

Old 12-23-2016, 09:01 AM

39,226 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Hasn't he been? He did after all talk about being a political outsider and 'draining the swamp' yet now it seems as if he's dredging the swamp to make more room for the same type of insiders that have inhabited it for quite some time now.
well, I don't think he will start a nuclear war. That is the bottom line. I voted for him for three reasons, but that is another topic.

Old 12-23-2016, 09:04 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Default NYTimes April 2016

"The United States, Russia, and China are now aggressively pursuing a new generation of smaller, less destructive nuclear weapons. The buildups threaten to revive a Cold War-era arms race and unsettle the balance of destructive force among nations that has kept the nuclear peace for more than a half-century."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/17/sc...hina.html?_r=0

Obama leaves more messes for Trump than Bush left for Obama.

Old 12-23-2016, 09:07 AM

Quote:
well, I don't think he will start a nuclear war. That is the bottom line. I voted for him for three reasons, but that is another topic.
I'm not saying he'd start a nuclear war, I just question his priorities and think there are many other places our $$$ could be better spent than more nukes and a 'mine is bigger than yours' contest. Historically, I don't see blind obedience to testosterone having many favorable outcomes.

Old 12-23-2016, 09:16 AM

7,132 posts, read 4,767,560 times
Trump has no business being POTUS. He is clueless. He is reckless. He is an idiot. Doesn't he understand the effect his rants have on not just the US but the whole world? He is supposed to be a leader but he is still acting like a rabble-rouser.

Old 12-23-2016, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
Trump has no business being POTUS. He is clueless. He is reckless. He is an idiot. Doesn't he understand the effect his rants have on not just the US but the whole world? He is supposed to be a leader but he is still acting like a rabble-rouser.
He's dancing with the one that brung him.

Old 12-23-2016, 09:40 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,707,497 times
Quote:
What is your point? You asked me one question, and I answered. and now this?

I don't think it is a good idea. I certainly don't think it is a bad idea. lol So meh. I expected this kind of behavior from Trump, so I don't worry.
My point is that I'm curious about what mindful people are thinking about Trump as he does things like Tweet about starting a nuclear arms race. But you don't think it's a bad idea. You don't see the possibility of it creating a dangerously unstable global environment? And you're not worried about increased taxes or debt to pay for it?

Meh, indeed.

Old 12-23-2016, 09:54 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
We don't live in a bubble, lily. Everything the president of the United States says reverberates around the world and could result in consequences we can't even conceive of right now. A true leader would understand that and temper his words in caution and careful consideration.

You don't seem to see his incendiary tweets as a problem because you're sure nothing will come of them. It's just Trump being Trump. His words, as the leader of the most powerful nation on the planet, don't have consequences in the world at large. And that's a rather myopic and dangerous view of the world, and one which Trump supporters all seem to buy into.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies