Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 09:20 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
The White House transition team decided to forgo ethics training.

The Republicans in Congress decided to shut down the independent ethics watchdog in their first week of this session, they did not get away with that because it became news and embarrassed them.

No one is draining the swamp, they are doing their utmost to fill it.

Shameful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2017, 09:28 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
I can't disagree with your post--
Especially since you were kind enough to quote an earlier one of mine---

I think this
The ethics office recommended the president follow basic standards of conduct that forbid misusing his position for personal gain, Apol explained, an ethical standard that is common but not legally required for a President.

...They face the daunting task of routinely cleaning up after the ethical disasters left by the President and his senior staff," Moss said, "none of whom have shown to date a serious awareness of the standards of conduct expected of them

Pretty much says it all---

Trump and his cabal have no desire to follow basic standards of conduct that is common but not "legally required" for a president...
He never has displayed a sense of decency--from flaunting his affairs in front of his wife and children on the pages of the newspapers and talk shows of the time to criticizing a Gold Star family to lying about President Obama being born in Kenya to stiffing the people who worked on any of his hotels or did business in other ways...
Trump is a shyster wearing a Brioni suit...and the people who work for him aren't any better...

I just think they have all-- like Dr. Faust--have sold their souls to the devil and think he can protect them from their just desserts...
Sooner or later, they will be called to account--just as Trump will...
I am wondering what circle of Hell, Trump falls into...

Old 03-10-2017, 05:28 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,924,139 times
Quote:
I can't disagree with your post--
Especially since you were kind enough to quote an earlier one of mine---

I think this
The ethics office recommended the president follow basic standards of conduct that forbid misusing his position for personal gain, Apol explained, an ethical standard that is common but not legally required for a President.

...They face the daunting task of routinely cleaning up after the ethical disasters left by the President and his senior staff," Moss said, "none of whom have shown to date a serious awareness of the standards of conduct expected of them

Pretty much says it all---

Trump and his cabal have no desire to follow basic standards of conduct that is common but not "legally required" for a president...
He never has displayed a sense of decency--from flaunting his affairs in front of his wife and children on the pages of the newspapers and talk shows of the time to criticizing a Gold Star family to lying about President Obama being born in Kenya to stiffing the people who worked on any of his hotels or did business in other ways...
Trump is a shyster wearing a Brioni suit...and the people who work for him aren't any better...

I just think they have all-- like Dr. Faust--have sold their souls to the devil and think he can protect them from their just desserts...
Sooner or later, they will be called to account--just as Trump will...
I am wondering what circle of Hell, Trump falls into...
The emails that exposed So-called President's (& his handlers') unwillingness to even make a feeble attempt to do the bare minimum were obtained through a Freedom of Information Request by NBC News & The James Madison Project.

Their combined learning curve re: ethics & common sense standards simply leaves much to be desired & is easily exposed as unacceptable when light is shed on their combined machinations.

Also demonstrated by the Muslim ban introduced by the Trump administration. Mr. Giuliani is on record on public TV explaining its main objective, & So-called President's still active campaign website explains his intent.

Their combined learning curve when it comes to the US Constitution & US laws equally leaves much to be desired & is just as easily exposed when light is shed.

One doesn't need to be a psychic or clairvoyant to see his 'ethical disasters' will continue to haunt him even if it is by simply observing that he fails to resolve any of them. He continues to do the same sorts of things while expecting different results or outcomes.

Last edited by ChiGeekGuest; 03-10-2017 at 05:36 AM..

Old 03-10-2017, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
The White House transition team decided to forgo ethics training.

The Republicans in Congress decided to shut down the independent ethics watchdog in their first week of this session, they did not get away with that because it became news and embarrassed them.

No one is draining the swamp, they are doing their utmost to fill it.

Shameful.
Agree the machinations of the Trump administration, including the handlers, the crony corporatist companions, the legislative & lobbyist lapdogs, et al, all of these are transparent in their intent to avoid ethical behavior, common sense standards, & even the laws of the land when they can get away with it.

Even so, the axiom, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me," is applicable here.

Old 03-10-2017, 08:05 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
The beginning of my comment is about Pence lying on Fox and saying he didn't have any idea about Flynn being a Turkish lobbyist in the campaign and transition period--and while he was the NSA head...

Exactly--after seeing how he lied about not knowing about the Turkey lobby role--I take back the opinion that Pence was kept in the dark about the first Flynn disaster re the Ambassado/sanctions telephone calls--
He likely knew then just as now--
He just played dumb to give Trump a reason to dump Flynn that didn't cause more controversy...

These guys are really running scared---
They fired the 46 US attorneys that were appointed during Obama but were supposed to be transitioned out based on promises/conversations with people like Feinstein, Schumer, and Preet Bahrara....who was asked to stay on by Trump and Sessions during the transition period...
I know that "appointed" AGs can be asked to resign when a new administration comes in---
People in those jobs know it and many of them had already resigned...BUT the people in those jobs had been led to believe BY THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION itself--that there was to be an ORDERLY transition---when replacements would be under consideration and approved to replace them===
There are NO PEOPLE out there in the wings--no one to take over those jobs any time soon---
So many investigations will suffer---maybe to Trump's advantage...
It would be interesting to know what cases that might have a bearing on Trump are in the works in different areas---
One that was proposed is mentioned at the end of this post...

Three points---
Today Spicer mentioned the "dark conspiracy" against Trump from the Obama appointees still in the government...implying that nothing Trump did was illegal or questionable == it was just a conspiracy to make him look bad by all these holdovers...
The idea that the labor reports under Obama were "fake news" and today's under Trump were accurate was just an admission by Spicer and Trump that Trump lied in the past when he decried them....He lied, Spicer knew it and defended Trump---then and now...
The real truth is that Trump is a pathalogical liar--nothing that comes out of his mouth has any credibility...and people who take him at face value are just as crazy as he is...

Congressman King alluded to the leaks coming from Govt about negative aspects of Trump's actions and others--that Trump should just clean house and kick out all people there --- even suggesting ALL workers not just the appointed-by-Obama people...even though there is NO PROOF of where those leaks are coming from...at all...period...zilch...
So firing everyone sitting in the West Wing is no more likely to stop the leaks than taking away Trump's phone will stop his Twitter feeds....

Preet Barara as US Attorney received a letter two days ago from several ethics in Govt groups who asked him to investigate the Trump Organization, housed in NYC, for any violations of the emoluments clause or other violations of taking money from foreign gov'ts or companies to gain political clout with President Trump...
As US Attorney in NYC he has that authority -- doesn't need Sessions approval to begin that type of investigation...
Well--he is out as of today...so that investigation is MUCH LESS likely to see light of day...bet on that...

Last edited by loves2read; 03-10-2017 at 08:14 PM..

Old 03-11-2017, 03:52 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,661,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Robber barons and serfs. That's the game. Always has been.

The keys to the kingdom have been handed over to the robber barons.

Yes and we are doomed!

Old 03-11-2017, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Yes and we are doomed!
Hey don't be so glum.

Maybe White House press secretary Spicer's claim about the Labor Department's job report:

Quote:
“I talked to the president prior to this, and he said to quote them very clearly. They may have been phony in the past, but it’s very real now,” Spicer replied, prompting laughter from reporters in the room.
Was meant to be a funny retort rather than to clearly illustrate So-called President's Orwellian thought processes?

Sheeesh! Mr. Spicer's former gig playing the Easter Bunny at the White House Easter egg hunt surely prepared him for his new role? After all, y'need to be well versed in fantasy to succeed at both.

Old 03-11-2017, 09:13 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,559,995 times
Far from draining the swamp as he promised, he is making it even larger.

Old 03-11-2017, 09:43 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,846,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
While the Corproliberal Clinton Cabal may have lost this Presidency that has nothing to do with a president following the ethical standards of the society as well as the anti-corruption laws. Despite what he, and his followers, may believe, the President is not outside or above the Law.

I think The Donald is reluctant to place his business holdings in a Blind Trust because the Trustee will learn the reality of the near bankruptcy of The Donald's financial house of cards and make that information available to the Donald's investors.

You hit the nail on the head! He is a total phony!

Old 03-11-2017, 10:44 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Paul writes for the American Prospect.

"The American Prospect’s mission is summed up in the phrase “liberal intelligence” that runs under the logo on the magazine’s cover. We aim to advance liberal and progressive goals through reporting, analysis,"

In other words he IS a liberal .

Do you REALLY expect him to say anything else?

As they say, "Conciser the source"!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies