Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 06:23 PM

15,050 posts, read 10,033,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Ohh boo-hoo...cry me a river...I will make sure to pass on his show now...I've seen it but it bores me about after 5 minutes..so I always turn the channel...I lose nothing by skipping this guys show... PS: "Never say "never" Anthony"....
Funny.. I said the same thing when Trump supporters announced boycott of Amazon. Heck, I did the opposite and handed out 1 year prime memberships as gifts this year.

Yup.. cry me a river...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2016, 06:27 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,252,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Funny.. I said the same thing when Trump supporters announced boycott of Amazon. Heck, I did the opposite and handed out 1 year prime memberships as gifts this year.

Yup.. cry me a river...
Agreed, I like Bourdain and because he is boycotting them, I probably will too. LOL

Old 12-23-2016, 06:29 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,252,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
But he trains in one of the martial arts, has slaughtered a hog in one of his shows, has hunted on his show, and drinks heartily, seems like he'd be a hit in Southern culture.
If he drank beer and moonshine, wrestled and shot elk, I would maybe agree with you.

Old 12-23-2016, 08:03 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,760,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I take it you are from the southern United States. The culture in the South (yes you have your own culture that is separate from the mainstream) espouses male machismo. If you are a guy that doesn't hunt, drinks beer, watches MMA or NASCAR and gets into fights, then you aren't a real man.

Bourdain just seems like a regular guy to me who like to travel and eat. I have no idea where you go the "NY beta male" unless you are from the South which includes Texas in my opinion (same culture) You guys view any male with any sophistication as being "girly"
What is MMA? & Nascar is 800 miles east of here. I don't drink beer or hunt (but have friends who hunt). Not sure how any of this makes one Alpha?

Bourdain struck me as "trendy" & non athletic...probably a drama dude. (aka beta) but also pompous. & he's certainly NOT like any "regular guy" New Yorker that I've known.

& Is bordain perceived as being sophisticated??

(Btw...Texas west of I 35 is more SW than South.)

Old 12-23-2016, 08:41 PM

68,297 posts, read 54,176,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
What is MMA? & Nascar is 800 miles east of here. I don't drink beer or hunt (but have friends who hunt). Not sure how any of this makes one Alpha?

Bourdain struck me as "trendy" & non athletic...probably a drama dude. (aka beta) but also pompous. & he's certainly NOT like any "regular guy" New Yorker that I've known.

& Is bordain perceived as being sophisticated??

(Btw...Texas west of I 35 is more SW than South.)
He's won at least one open tournament and seriously trains in Brazilian ju jitsu, he'd probably be happy to demonstrate if called a 'drama dude'.

Old 12-24-2016, 07:16 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,925,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Funny how the alleged fans of 'non-PC' commenting in this thread have such tunnel vision of what forms of 'non-PC' they'll tolerate. Why it's almost like they're imitating the 'PC Police' they claim to loathe.
Where in there did I say anything about what is or is not tolerable? I was just describing how I saw Bourdain. He IS a non-PC kind of guy and makes no excuses about it.

BTW, I do watch his show and at times find his take on things and the places he goes interesting and informative and sometimes, well, insulting. I may not always agree with his political views that he shares when visiting various places but hell, I don't agree with anyone 100% the time...

Old 12-24-2016, 07:43 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,623,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Just like all lefties who were going to.move abroad if Trump would win. Last time I checked they still haven't moved.

Old 12-24-2016, 12:14 PM

72,868 posts, read 62,315,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Another celeb to boycott. I refuse to support celebs and causes that aren't behind our president; no, I don't care if you don't support his policies, but this is taking things to a new low.
Well, I will continue to support Anthony Bourdain. I personally despise that President-elect Trump will be the new President in a few weeks. I'm stuck with him for the next 4 years, so I'm call him President Trump. However, I actually am cool with Anthony Bourdain being against President-elect Trump.

Old 12-24-2016, 12:29 PM

68,297 posts, read 54,176,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Where in there did I say anything about what is or is not tolerable? I was just describing how I saw Bourdain. He IS a non-PC kind of guy and makes no excuses about it.
Uh sorry, just one of those misunderstandings more common in written dialog than spoken. Never meant you in particular, just quoted your post because it "down and dirty non-PC" was a convenient jumping off spot which is why I used "alleged non-PC fans" My point wasn't that you identified him as non-PC but that so many who claim to admire non-PC really don't, as evidenced in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
BTW, I do watch his show and at times find his take on things and the places he goes interesting and informative and sometimes, well, insulting. I may not always agree with his political views that he shares when visiting various places but hell, I don't agree with anyone 100% the time...
I don't always agree with him either but I enjoy how he'll partner up with reporters, writers, cinematographers, musicians. etc. who offer some unique views of life in different places that would otherwise likely not get much exposure.

Old 12-24-2016, 12:29 PM

8,427 posts, read 6,807,349 times
People make their own decisions over where to eat. Most of Trump's restaurants cater to wealthy elites who can afford the outrageous prices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies