Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 10:21 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2016, 10:21 PM

1,229 posts, read 858,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
Like him or not we have to deal with him. He smart, tough and ruthless. That doesn't disqualify him from having insight. On the contrary.

"The fact that many Republican voters support the Russian president, I don't take this on my account. You know what I'm thinking about in this regards? I think that it means that some considerable part of the American public share our view on world order, what we should do, what are our mutual challenges and problems. It's good that there are people who are sympathetic to our views on traditional values because that's a good basis to build relations between such world powers as Russia and the United States..."

We have run relations with Russia into the ground. "Reset" was all hat, no cattle. Communication is not the US talking and Russia listening. This excerpt might not be a bad place to start.
I think like brother Frogburn said above --- Putin is the greatest thing to come along in the last twenty years.

He's the wedge blocking unipolarism. I'm sure Im a minority here....but I don't want to see the United States as the sole and ultimate arbiter of the globe. I don't like the new Roman empire - because I understand how the old one ended.

If things settle down after Trump is elected......I will begin planning a summer trip to visit my commrades in Russia

Old 12-23-2016, 10:27 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,568,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Putin lectures Democrats on democracy and losing gracefully

I wonder if it was the same lecture he gave Ukrainians?
The Ukrainians? Do you mean the Mob that violently ousted the Democratically elected Leader and installed themselves as the self appointed Leaders? Those Ukrainians? I wonder what "Lecture" they got from the Obama Administration to do that.

The Ukraine is just another "Failed" attempt to export Democracy. They where doing just fine, until we meddled, same as the Middle East. we may not like their Governments, or how they Govern, but we don't have to. Its their Countries not ours.

Old 12-23-2016, 10:31 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,568,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post

Russia is no democracy and no Russian leader could ever lecture the US on it.
The United States is not a Communist Nation, so no American Leader could ever lecture Russia on it.

Old 12-24-2016, 07:41 AM

1,008 posts, read 487,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I bet you are going to tell us that he is not a dictator too and it's just a coincidence that he has been running the country since 1999. And in 10 years, what are you going to say then when he is still the "prime minister/president"

Oh I just saw, you were one of the guys saying Putin is a Christian..the same guy who was a KGB agent and a communist and a self avowed atheist. But since he likes Trump, now he is suddently a Christian in your eyes. Do you ever go back and read your posts and say "I can't believe I just called Putin a Christian" I mean on some level that has to register with even your b.s. meter.
No, he is a Christian because he was baptized one as an infant and chose to become a practicing follower of Christ of his own free will in his adult life.

This is not wholly unusual; plenty of people are led away from the church (or forced away by wicked leftist governments) in their youth only to come back in adulthood when the faculties are more fully formed. One of our greatest minds the brilliant St. Augustine denied God fully until age 33 and went on to change theology forever, and for the better.

Unlike the US, when seeking election Putin did not have to puff himself up as some super-Christian like we see here. He could have just stood an atheist and no one would have cared in Russia. His acceptance of Christ was personal, not political.

Old 12-24-2016, 07:52 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Good job Dems! You can't make this up. If you put this in a television show, now one would watch as it would be too ridiculous. You have made a farce of the world entire. War is Peace, slavery is freedom, ignorance is knowledge.

Putin: Democratic Party Trying To Blame Loss On External Factors, "Has Forgotten The Original Meaning Of Its Own Name" | Video | RealClearPolitics

The most dishonest man in the world is now lecturing you on trying to steal an elections. How do you sleep with yourselves?
The question is...how do you support a guy that is in bed and sleeps with an ex-KGB murderer Oligarch?

How would dictator Putin know anything about losing, gracefully or otherwise? Dictators do not know or need to worry about such things...

Are you a citizen of Russia OP? Because that would explain some things.

Litvinenko: Not first Putin critic to end up dead -- or last
http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/03/europe...ics/index.html

Old 12-24-2016, 07:53 AM

4,795 posts, read 2,797,347 times
Default Shades of Last of the Mohicans (the most recent)

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Putin lectures Democrats on democracy and losing gracefully

I wonder if it was the same lecture he gave Ukrainians?
Yah, yah, yah. KGB Lt. Col. Putin's notion of losing gracefully is screwing the silencer on the Makarov 9mm before dispatching his enemies, political foes, dogs that bark while he's sleeping, or whoever else he's putting paid to just because he can. In 16 years with the organs, I figure he's come to love wet work - maybe he eviscerates his victims & eats their liver, while he's @ it? I wonder if he waits for them to completely die?

It's not as if anyone's going to report him or anything, hm?

Old 12-24-2016, 08:01 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
What's pitiful is Americans idolizing and listening to a Russian Dictator.
It is rather disgusting.

Old 12-24-2016, 08:19 AM

4,795 posts, read 2,797,347 times
Default Putin the executioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Most dishonest? He is a politician but ffs just look at some of ours. He may be in the running but he's not even in the same league as most politicians in the west.

Damn.
Lt. Col. Putin? He was trained & schooled as a professional liar. Granted he has skills that translate well to political work - honeypots, blackmail, sizing up people's loyalties, looking for vice, leverage to convince people - & with a network of complaisant psychiatric hospitals if the usual means don't pan out. Plus a network of killers @ his beck & call. Da, they're all sanctioned, even encouraged by the kleptostate he more-or-less heads.

He's not a politician in any Western sense of the word - unless you mean the head of a criminal posse or some other criminal enterprise. Otherwise, he's a butcher - short on technique, but very good @ silencing/intimidating or otherwise getting his way. Hitler with a nicer build, I suppose.

But equally willing to kill everyone & everything that gets in his way.

Old 12-24-2016, 08:29 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJR1 View Post
... let Russian babies be aborted the left would love him.

But, Putin stands for God, country, and family and....can't have that.
I realize that Putin has a fairly large fan club among U.S. Christian conservatives due to his relentless attacks on homosexuals, but to say he is against abortion is pure nonsense.

Russia had the highest number of abortions per woman of child-bearing age in the world according to UN data as of 2010.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_in_Russia

As for standing for family, he divorced his wife and has had a mistress for years.

Standing for country? Ours or his?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies