Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 02:08 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Why are they greatly disparate? I don't believe in religious laws....at all. No matter which religion. I believe in freedom and democracy, and protecting it from people who would destroy it by forcing others to abide by their religious dogma. In Israel and America, you can practice any religion you want, as well as no religion at all. Try proclaiming your atheism in Gaza or The West Bank. Or Syria, Iran, or Saudi Arabia. Try being a gay person in any of those countries. Try being a female in short sleeves in those countries. Heck, try driving while female in Saudi Arabia.
HOW is belief in someone/thing that may/may not exist in any way, shape, or form comparable to the real property that makes up a country?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2016, 02:12 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,741,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I can totally agree with that. Our soldiers died for nothing and they keep on dying. I don't care who get offended. Butt out and stay away from middle east. My loved ones are not going to die for anybody. It is not going to happen again.
Those of us who volunteered to be in the US military, chose our destiny and we all expected to be on foreign soil wherever that may be during our time in the military. Any true parent who has a child in the military knows this. Both my sons and I served in the Middle East and did our best to serve whatever POTUS was in charge. Our foreign soil tour time may be over, but I still have relatives who are still in Iraq or heading there. We made this choice and none of you armchair warriors are going to change our minds. Please stop belittling us.

Old 12-24-2016, 02:13 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Quote:
Like what? Offering them their own country 3 times, only to be rebuked with violence and terrorism each time? Offering them 95% of their demands, only to have rockets fired at Israeli cities? If they wanted peace they could have had it a long time ago. Maybe the US should just butt out. We hold Israel back at least as much as we help them.
Butt out is exactly what we should do.
The help we give them is measured in billions. That doesn't even begin to address the political help we give them.

Old 12-24-2016, 02:21 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,741,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Do you have any understanding of the terms of those offers?

More at link.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...8tZrr9zBvWW0Tg

Do you know what fake reports are?

Quote:
In reality, “Foreign Policy Journal†appears to be a one-man website, dedicated to extremist anti-American and anti-Israeli rants, with that one man, Jeremy R. Hammond, who describes himself as self-employed and living in Cross Village, Michigan, being a prolific 9/11 Truther.
Richard Falk’s Publisher ‘Foreign Policy Journal’ is just a 1-man, Truther-run website « View from Geneva

Your source is Jeremy R. Hammond.

Old 12-24-2016, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Those of us who volunteered to be in the US military, chose our destiny and we all expected to be on foreign soil wherever that may be during our time in the military. Any true parent who has a child in the military knows this. Both my sons and I served in the Middle East and did our best to serve whatever POTUS was in charge. Our foreign soil tour time may be over, but I still have relatives who are still in Iraq or heading there. We made this choice and none of you armchair warriors are going to change our minds. Please stop belittling us.

I don't think anyone's belittling those who chose to serve.

But as far as I'm concerned those who choose to send you to those places, frequently for NO good reason whatsoever must be considered open to question.

Old 12-24-2016, 02:40 PM

18,465 posts, read 15,244,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Do you have any understanding of the terms of those offers?

Additionally, land ownership statistics from 1945 showed that Arabs owned more land than Jews in every single district of Palestine, including Jaffa, where Arabs owned 47 percent of the land while Jews owned 39 percent – and Jaffa boasted the highest percentage of Jewish-owned land of any district. In other districts, Arabs owned an even larger portion of the land. At the extreme other end, for instance, in Ramallah, Arabs owned 99 percent of the land. In the whole of Palestine, Arabs owned 85 percent of the land, while Jews owned less than 7 percent, which remained the case up until the time of Israel’s creation.

Yet, despite these facts, the U.N. partition recommendation had called for more than half of the land of Palestine to be given to the Zionists for their “Jewish Stateâ€. The truth is that no Arab could be reasonably expected to accept such an unjust proposal. For political commentators today to describe the Arabs’ refusal to accept a recommendation that their land be taken away from them, premised upon the explicit rejection of their right to self-determination, as a “missed opportunity†represents either an astounding ignorance of the roots of the conflict or an unwillingness to look honestly at its history.

More at link.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...8tZrr9zBvWW0Tg
I have read the terms, and fully understand them. If you are suggesting that the Israelis grant full right of return, then there is nothing left to discuss. That would mean the end of Israel. If that is what the Palestinians are expecting, they will never have a country. Their lives will never get better. If there is anything that Isreal has demonstrated over the last 70 years, it is that will never allow their country to turn into another Islamic state.

Old 12-24-2016, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
HOW is belief in someone/thing that may/may not exist in any way, shape, or form comparable to the real property that makes up a country?
In light of the direction the conversation has taken, I'm not really sure what you are asking me. I told you, it is not a religious issue for me. I don't care about religion.

Throughout history, real property that makes up modern day nations have changed hands time and time again. They have defended the land numerous times. It is theirs until someone can take it from them, just as America is. Nobody has been successful so far in either case, and as both countries are nuclear powers, it is very unlikely that it will ever happen in the future.

Why is it disparate to love your country while supporting another country that shares your democratic values, and for the most part, the democratic values of the country in which you call home? A country in a sea of dictatorial theocracies, no less.

Old 12-24-2016, 03:01 PM

Quote:
In light of the direction the conversation has taken, I'm not really sure what you are asking me. I told you, it is not a religious issue for me. I don't care about religion.

Throughout history, real property that makes up modern day nations have changed hands time and time again. They have defended the land numerous times. It is theirs until someone can take it from them, just as America is. Nobody has been successful so far in either case, and as both countries are nuclear powers, it is very unlikely that it will ever happen in the future.

Why is it disparate to love your country while supporting another country that shares your democratic values, and for the most part, the democratic values of the country in which you call home? A country in a sea of dictatorial theocracies, no less.

I never said it was, but our first focus must be our own country, what good does it do us to condone another's illegal actions? And if they disagree with the laws followed in the UN they're free to withdraw.

Old 12-24-2016, 03:03 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Obama only insures that Democrats continue to lose elections for the foreseeable future.

No wonder what few Democrat senators that are left are rejecting Obama now.

Old 12-24-2016, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I never said it was, but our first focus must be our own country, what good does it do us to condone another's illegal actions? And if they disagree with the laws followed in the UN they're free to withdraw.
From his statement today, I think Netanyahu is seriously considering it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies