Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you accept your child if they came out as LGBT?
Yes, I would accept them 213 72.70%
I might have difficulty accepting them, but I will try 24 8.19%
I would accept it if they were gay or bisexual, but not if they were trans* 11 3.75%
I could not accept it 45 15.36%
Voters: 293. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 09:35 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,849,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
The APA listed it as a mental illness in the 60s and the WHO only removed it about 20 years ago.

However, it seems some posters are stuck in the past.
LOL very true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2016, 09:36 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,895,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Do you have a link to say the AMA or something to back that statement?
You mean the same organization that removed it as a mental illness due to social pressure from homosexuals?

It is a mental illness. /shrug

Old 12-27-2016, 09:38 AM

Quote:
The APA listed it as a mental illness in the 60s and the WHO only removed it about 20 years ago.

However, it seems some posters are stuck in the past.
They removed it based on nothing more than social and political pressure.

Then again, its Psychology, a pseudo science, so are we really surprised?

Old 12-27-2016, 09:47 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,923,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
They removed it based on nothing more than social and political pressure.

Then again, its Psychology, a pseudo science, so are we really surprised?
Let's get this straight. It's a mental illness because they only removed it due to social pressure, but the science that listed it as a mental illness in the first place is simply pseudo science anyway?

Which is it?

Old 12-27-2016, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Let's get this straight. It's a mental illness because they only removed it due to social pressure, but the science that listed it as a mental illness in the first place is simply pseudo science anyway?

Which is it?
It is a pseudo science, not a real science that requires a strict verification, validation and replication of all results to establish the hypothesis. So no, it is not and has never been a "science" in that sense, even though it tries to appear as such by applying various scientific processes.

They first claimed it was a mental illness, then only changed such by social and political pressure. That is, they didn't even follow their own standards of so called "science" to remove it, they simply made up a bunch of crap and took it from the list.

The point is that it is not a surprise that an institution that never truly followed scientific process would succumb to anti-science methods by ruling via consensus and not a proper scientific method of evaluation.

You think you have an "I gotcha", but you really don't.

Old 12-27-2016, 10:38 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,116,178 times
How could you not accept them? They didn't choose to be gay. They did nothing wrong. There's nothing inherently BAD with being born gay. You're a normal person like everyone else except for that one aspect of your instincts, one which causes no other issues or problems.

Old 12-27-2016, 10:54 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,923,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
It is a pseudo science, not a real science that requires a strict verification, validation and replication of all results to establish the hypothesis. So no, it is not and has never been a "science" in that sense, even though it tries to appear as such by applying various scientific processes.

They first claimed it was a mental illness, then only changed such by social and political pressure. That is, they didn't even follow their own standards of so called "science" to remove it, they simply made up a bunch of crap and took it from the list.

The point is that it is not a surprise that an institution that never truly followed scientific process would succumb to anti-science methods by ruling via consensus and not a proper scientific method of evaluation.

You think you have an "I gotcha", but you really don't.
But if its a pseudo science what is the basis for declaring it a Mental Illness?

Less "I gotcha" more, where in the world are you coming from? You're simultaneously declaring your own basis for declaring something a mental illness pseudo science where it doesn't agree with you.

Old 12-27-2016, 11:33 AM

546 posts, read 761,035 times
NO! ITS UNNATRUAL
Male DNA is closer to Male DNA. So is female..its like having relations w/ urself = masty& wrong.

Old 12-27-2016, 11:35 AM

546 posts, read 761,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
How could you not accept them? They didn't choose to be gay. They did nothing wrong. There's nothing inherently BAD with being born gay. You're a normal person like everyone else except for that one aspect of your instincts, one which causes no other issues or problems.
Um.. Why has LGBTXYZ ppl grown in recent years?? Because they see it on TV/Media and get brainwashed..
..so they CHOOSE IT against their nature.
With out LGBT propaganda, there wouldn't be so many ppl coming out...

Old 12-27-2016, 11:46 AM

56,990 posts, read 35,095,587 times
I don't know how i'd react. May as well be honest about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies