Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you accept your child if they came out as LGBT?
Yes, I would accept them 213 72.70%
I might have difficulty accepting them, but I will try 24 8.19%
I would accept it if they were gay or bisexual, but not if they were trans* 11 3.75%
I could not accept it 45 15.36%
Voters: 293. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 11:48 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycnyc11209 View Post
Um.. Why has LGBTXYZ ppl grown in recent years?? Because they see it on TV/Media and get brainwashed..
..so they CHOOSE IT against their nature.
With out LGBT propaganda, there wouldn't be so many ppl coming out...

The LGBT population has not grown, more have been coming out as acceptance has been growing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2016, 12:27 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
But if its a pseudo science what is the basis for declaring it a Mental Illness?

Less "I gotcha" more, where in the world are you coming from? You're simultaneously declaring your own basis for declaring something a mental illness pseudo science where it doesn't agree with you.
They established it as such by their own claims. My point is, they turned around and violated those very claims and removed it. So, if you think psychology is a legitimate field of study, then you have to object to the method that was used to remove it from the list. That is, it violated its own standards to establish such.

Now, realizing that it is not a true science does not mean it holds no established means of occurrence. There are many elements of behavioral study that while not established as a definitive via scientific method, can be reasoned as general in occurrence in truth. That is, we can say... "This is fairly commonly true, or occurs more often than not, etc..."

Homosexuality fits that evaluation of a mental illness. My point as I said was that when they removed it, they did not follow any reasonable means to establish it. It was purely to meet social demand, it was a political motive and decision, not even within the constrains of the fields own process of establishment.

There are numerous reasons why homosexuality is abnormal, deviant, and counter to sound mental process. If we are to claim that we have no grounds to object to such behavior as mentally ill, then we have no grounds to claim pedophilia, necrophilia, or the many other numerous sexual mental illness are wrong.

Old 12-27-2016, 12:35 PM

626 posts, read 381,053 times
I'd still love them and want them to succeed...but no, I don't think I would accept it

Old 12-27-2016, 12:36 PM

88,581 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordwillin02 View Post
I'd still love them and want them to succeed...but no, I don't think I would accept it
That is so sad.

Old 12-27-2016, 12:54 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,916,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
The evidence is simple, man and woman go together, female and male, pretty simple really. There is nothing to prove that wrong, no DNA no Test no facts to any claim that anybody is born gay. your free to believe whatever you want.
When did you CHOOSE to be straight?

Old 12-27-2016, 12:56 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,679,372 times
I would accept them if they came out.

Old 12-27-2016, 01:04 PM

289 posts, read 145,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
The LGBT population has not grown, more have been coming out as acceptance has been growing.
I am for gay marriage and gay rights but it absolutely has grown. You can't deny that at all! There is some sort of influence causing this and I think it's important to discuss for the validity of the gay community.

Old 12-27-2016, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Homosexuality is a mental illness.
Even if it was (it's not), can someone choose not to have a mental illness? Can my grandson choose not to be autistic?

Old 12-27-2016, 01:09 PM

128 posts, read 97,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinFam5 View Post
I am for gay marriage and gay rights but it absolutely has grown. You can't deny that at all! There is some sort of influence causing this and I think it's important to discuss for the validity of the gay community.
Gosh, do you suppose its the flouride they put in the water? Vaccines? Too much sugar in breakfast cereal?

Maybe its because there is no longer the fear that coming out as gay might mean the loss of a job and the loss of family. At least not as much as previously.

Old 12-27-2016, 01:11 PM

So far, no one here has answered my question. If homosexuality is a choice, then heterosexuality must also be a choice. So when did any of you CHOOSE heterosexuality? I didn't choose it. I was simply was attracted to the opposite sex when I was a teenager.

Last edited by nana053; 12-27-2016 at 01:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies