Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you accept your child if they came out as LGBT?
Yes, I would accept them 213 72.70%
I might have difficulty accepting them, but I will try 24 8.19%
I would accept it if they were gay or bisexual, but not if they were trans* 11 3.75%
I could not accept it 45 15.36%
Voters: 293. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 03:04 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,219,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
Which is my belief. The Torah was written from the direct words from God.
God didn't write it. Men did. Big difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2016, 03:05 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,895,826 times
Quote:
So does cannibalism. So does hyper-masturbation. So does rape. So does incest and pedophilia. Cats will eat their kittens if they are weak or sickly. Dogs hump inanimate objects. What is your point, that humans that engage in these activities should be embraced because they are engaging in activities proven to be "natural" by the animal kingdom?
There is no winning with these folks. The fact that you do not worship at the feet of their ideology infuriates them.

There is an old saying... "Do not argue with a fool, lest you be mistaken for one".

Move on, not worth the effort, there is no resolution to be had, no understanding to be achieved.

Old 12-30-2016, 03:12 PM

736 posts, read 351,706 times
No

Old 12-30-2016, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
There is no winning with these folks. The fact that you do not worship at the feet of their ideology infuriates them.

There is an old saying... "Do not argue with a fool, lest you be mistaken for one".

Move on, not worth the effort, there is no resolution to be had, no understanding to be achieved.
If by understanding you mean being completely blind to facts, then yes, that won't happen.

Old 12-30-2016, 03:19 PM

8,302 posts, read 3,892,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
You don't just "become a lesbian."

Well, maybe some do. I have relative who had one horrible heterosexual relationship after another. I'm not kidding. Each man was worse than the last deadbeat loser. In her forties, she decided "to become a lesbian." It lasted a few years and didn't amount to much. Then she took up with a man who ended up in prison and decided celibacy was the way to go.

Some people play on both teams, so I guess they could just become a lesbian at will.

But most social workers and teachers I've worked with have been lesbians there whole life.

I do have a distant relative whose wife left him for a woman down the block. But I don't think she became a lesbian. I suspect she was one all along.
That's an awesome story. She must have had some hellacious relationships to make her try that tactic!

Many if not most gay men and lesbian women know their orientation from a very early age. As far as not accepting them, that would just be silly. Just don't be an a-hole, don't be a liar and manipulator, and treat people around you decently and fairly. Those are the ground rules. Sexual orientation is almost irrelevant.

Old 12-30-2016, 03:24 PM

778 posts, read 337,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
God didn't write it. Men did. Big difference.
Men wrote the new testament, not the Torah. At least as far as I am concerned.

Old 12-30-2016, 03:41 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,301,925 times
For those that say they would disown a child that is LGBT for whatever reason ....

Would you feel the same if they found a partner of a different race?
Different Religion than the family or no religion?
They didn't want or couldn't have children?

I think many that show such a hatred for Homosexuals have insecurities in their own sexuality.

Being Homosexual does NOT prevent a person from reproducing, I would estimate millions of heterosexual couples use the same method.

Old 12-30-2016, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Certainly not by redefining what normal is.
Scientifically speaking, "Normal" depends on your sample.

Old 12-30-2016, 03:48 PM

Quote:
You are asserting God put pen to paper and wrote the Torah?

Old 12-30-2016, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Men wrote ALL the Bible, the God inspired parts have been edited and/or removed by those in power throughout the years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies