Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you accept your child if they came out as LGBT?
Yes, I would accept them 213 72.70%
I might have difficulty accepting them, but I will try 24 8.19%
I would accept it if they were gay or bisexual, but not if they were trans* 11 3.75%
I could not accept it 45 15.36%
Voters: 293. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 10:36 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,587,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
The New Testament barely mentions anything related to homosexuality, and nothing directly, apparently.

https://www.westarinstitute.org/reso...homosexuality/

You're not going to find Jesus saying anything about it in those books.
Jesus mentioned a man and his wife when talking about marriage.

This would thus exclude:

1.) Same-sex "marriage"
2.) Polygamy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2017, 10:40 PM

30,897 posts, read 36,958,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post
For ethnic Black-American males that compromise even statistically extends physiologically (not just anatomically = anus) with black-on-black males having an HIV rate that far exceeds black IV drug users. Black crack cocaine addicts have an HIV rate roughly the equivalent of American male heterosexuals.
It's because black gay men use condoms less than other racial/ethnic groups.

Old 01-02-2017, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
You are mistaken.

I do know gay men and women and have for years. Most say they've known they were gay since they were teens. Some say they have always known they were different than their siblings.

Women talk about not being excited about playing princess and so forth.

Those pushing their agenda here are not the liberals.
I am not liberal, but the liberals got this one right. I knew I was gay when I was like 5. Obviously, I didn't know the word for it, but the attraction was there. However, I don't like gays with militant attitudes that everyone must agree with their POV on politics, etc.

Old 01-02-2017, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
How do you "teach" your child to be Homosexual?
Um, yeah, I would love to hear how my parents taught me to be gay.

Old 01-02-2017, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Anyone who doesn't accept their child is evil. I'm sorry but that is the definition of evil. You don't have to approve of one's lifestyle or share their beliefs but to disown your child is against Christianity and is the very embodiment of evil. Yes, you are evil if you would not accept your child. You should look in the mirror the next time you go to church and question where you are going after you die. As the Bible states, there are false prophets. Anyone who tells you not to love your child and accept them is a false prophet.
I'm gay and I find this sort of militant attitude almost as bad as those who think homosexuality is a choice. The root of it is the same as the roots of religious fundamentalism. It's just a different brand of fundamentalism.

Old 01-02-2017, 11:21 PM

800 posts, read 508,516 times
If they were gay, lesbian, or bi then certainly I would totally 100% accept them and keep loving them in every way. Transgenderism though I believe is a mental illness and I'd be intent on having the child growing out of the confusion. I don't care what libs say, gender and biological sex is the same thing. You don't get to decide your gender any more than your ethnic background, and if you have surgery then you're just an altered and mutilated version of what you were born as, like the man Caitlyn Jenner. If you're a "girly" little boy or a tomboy girl thats totally fine, but to support a young child in physically attempting to change their gender is basically child abuse.

Last edited by Wambatown81; 01-02-2017 at 11:30 PM..

Old 01-02-2017, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinFam5 View Post
I am for gay marriage and gay rights but it absolutely has grown. You can't deny that at all! There is some sort of influence causing this and I think it's important to discuss for the validity of the gay community.
Um, no. Visibility has grown, but that's all.

Old 01-02-2017, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I feel ya. I am Christian and mostly liberal but for minimal gun control.

This is why we need more parties, more choices.
We will never get them unless we have a revolution. Political parties are all about centralizing control and offering a very limited (and often irrelevant) set of choices.

Old 01-03-2017, 11:26 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wambatown81 View Post
If they were gay, lesbian, or bi then certainly I would totally 100% accept them and keep loving them in every way. Transgenderism though I believe is a mental illness and I'd be intent on having the child growing out of the confusion. I don't care what libs say, gender and biological sex is the same thing. You don't get to decide your gender any more than your ethnic background, and if you have surgery then you're just an altered and mutilated version of what you were born as, like the man Caitlyn Jenner. If you're a "girly" little boy or a tomboy girl thats totally fine, but to support a young child in physically attempting to change their gender is basically child abuse.
I try to be open minded about transgenderism. However, it does contradict something about the way our society has been moving over the past several decades; that gender stereotypes do matter. I wonder how many transgender young people truly have gender dysphoria, or if they simply feel they fit in more with the gender norms of the sex opposite of what they are so they take drastic measures to change themselves accordingly. I don't believe that a boy should be prescribed hormones and possible gender re-assignment surgery simply because they like to play with dolls instead of playing sports.

Old 01-03-2017, 02:31 PM

4,865 posts, read 4,179,081 times
I wouldn't "accept" them. That implies I'm tolerant but not happy. Like being told to just accept Trump. No, I simply don't care if my children are LGBTQ or straight. I'll love them either way.

I don't care who my children love or what gender thet identify as.

Last edited by Vegabern; 01-03-2017 at 02:40 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies