Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 10:18 AM

34,054 posts, read 17,071,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Got done? The only thing he got done was Obamacare and it's a total failure.

He didn't know how not to be a dictator and passed his will by EO's. Those will be revoked within the next 30 days.

He was not a President who knew how to lead or get things done in Congress.

He also got 2 other things done,

(1) The rise of ISIS

(2) Dozens more GOP Senators, Congressmen, 900 state seats (largely by running anti Obamacare), over a dozen more GOP govs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2016, 10:18 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
They were afraid of Obama. They threw every single thing including their zipper getting stuck on him. But I think he will shine more after trump gets done. History will record all and some will accept the truth. But as some still miss g bush - they will never ever say Obama did anything right. And that's forever.. Only thing that can happen -is the old farts die off and hopefully their biased ideology. I think with what he had to work with and the terrible obstructions, he did good. The country would have failed better if the congress were not such pinheads. I feel they are more to blame on our situation than any president
No pity for Obama .The best place for creepy spying perverts, thieves and killers is prison ...or to die off. Here's to wishing the same for Obama.

Does the o.p. have pity for Manson too?

Old 12-24-2016, 10:23 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahboy79 View Post
From day 1, he's been undermined as President. He's had birthers challenging his legitimacy. He's had Republicans flat out say that their single objective was to make him a one term President...that they will go against anything he offers. That they will shut down Government. We've had congressmen go behind the White House's back in an attempt to torpedo the Iran agreement. (one that was negotiated by many countries, not just us). Now, with not even a month left, Trump just can't control himself and has to interject and oppose everything Obama does or says. It's sad. This should all have been handled better by the Republicans.

To compare to Bush, people were against the Iraq war but once we were in it, the feelings I got from Congress were that we were in it together. We didn't have bills try to defund the war. We didn't have all the backstabbing. Obama didn't get elected and then speak publicly against Bush in his last days.

And I'm sure someone will post that Obama was a horrible President and that Republicans were right but that's not what I am posting about. There's a decorum that should be present. If this becomes the norm, then Democrats can do the same thing. We'll just have a tit for tat on every issue. We already look like a bunch of children and and I fear that it is only going to get worse
When you throw a tax cut bone at the masses, the masses tend not to care too much about debt or other people's children dying.

Worked for Reagan. Worked for Bush. And it will work for Trump.

I tend to take a Pollyanna viewpoint of past presidents, the toughest job in the world. They all sought to do the best job they could, given the hand they were dealt.

They all do some good. Some of the good looks less good with the benefit of a 20 year hindsight. They all make mistakes, some of them huge mistakes. And sometimes, some of those mistakes don't look so bad when viewed through the lens of 20 year hindsight.

Regardless of who sits the oval, things will go bump in the night all over the world and half the US people will blame the POTUS from the comfort of their armchair, while eating a glazed doughnut.

POTUS is the toughest job in the world, made tougher by biased 24/7 news cycle and social media.

Old 12-24-2016, 10:24 AM

2,366 posts, read 1,647,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
He also got 2 other things done,

(1) The rise of ISIS

(2) Dozens more GOP Senators, Congressmen, 900 state seats (largely by running anti Obamacare), over a dozen more GOP govs
Shhhh...don't pop the OP's bubble, it's Xmas eve.

Old 12-24-2016, 10:25 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
From day 1, he's been undermined as President. He's had birthers challenging his legitimacy. He's had Republicans flat out say that their single objective was to make him a one term President...that they will go against anything he offers. That they will shut down Government. We've had congressmen go behind the White House's back in an attempt to torpedo the Iran agreement. (one that was negotiated by many countries, not just us). Now, with not even a month left, Trump just can't control himself and has to interject and oppose everything Obama does or says. It's sad. This should all have been handled better by the Republicans.

To compare to Bush, people were against the Iraq war but once we were in it, the feelings I got from Congress were that we were in it together. We didn't have bills try to defund the war. We didn't have all the backstabbing. Obama didn't get elected and then speak publicly against Bush in his last days.

And I'm sure someone will post that Obama was a horrible President and that Republicans were right but that's not what I am posting about. There's a decorum that should be present. If this becomes the norm, then Democrats can do the same thing. We'll just have a tit for tat on every issue. We already look like a bunch of children and and I fear that it is only going to get worse
Well said and all true. History will remember Obama with kindness.

Old 12-24-2016, 10:30 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:

Time left until Obama leaves office
26 DAYS
11 HOURS
30 MINUTES
56 SECONDS
Time until Friday, January 20, 2017 (Washington DC, District of Columbia time)

Old 12-24-2016, 10:35 AM

1,122 posts, read 961,950 times
""I will bridge the gap between black and white and between America and other countries.""

We now know he did not do this which was so disappointing. I recall watching Obama give a speech at the Democratic Convention when he was a Senator and thinking" Wow this guy would make a great President and seems to care about ALL people." Sadly- we now know he only cared about himself. He got involved in Ferguson when he should have remained silent until all came out as to what really happened... He NEVER released a statement about Kathryn Steinle's death and pretty sure it was because she was a Caucasian and he just did not care about the way she died by an Illegal Immigrant who has kept going through the revolving door.

I never voted for Obama BUT I had high hopes for him to succeed unlike the people who are talking so horribly about Trump. Obama put a nail in his own coffin so to speak by his actions.

African Americans now realize the Democratic party has never cared about them or to raise them up. They finally get it. I do not feel bad for Obama at all.

Old 12-24-2016, 10:39 AM

4,713 posts, read 3,472,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGal View Post
""I will bridge the gap between black and white and between America and other countries.""

We now know he did not do this which was so disappointing. I recall watching Obama give a speech at the Democratic Convention when he was a Senator and thinking" Wow this guy would make a great President and seems to care about ALL people." Sadly- we now know he only cared about himself. He got involved in Ferguson when he should have remained silent until all came out as to what really happened... He NEVER released a statement about Kathryn Steinle's death and pretty sure it was because she was a Caucasian and he just did not care about the way she died by an Illegal Immigrant who has kept going through the revolving door.

I never voted for Obama BUT I had high hopes for him to succeed unlike the people who are talking so horribly about Trump. Obama put a nail in his own coffin so to speak by his actions.

African Americans now realize the Democratic party has never cared about them or to raise them up. They finally get it. I do not feel bad for Obama at all.
YOU do not speak for African Americans, nor the Democratic Party.

Old 12-24-2016, 10:48 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
No pity for Obama .The best place for creepy spying perverts, thieves and killers is prison ...or to die off. Here's to wishing the same for Obama.

Does the o.p. have pity for Manson too?
Nobody is asking for pity. He doesn't need your pity, wth : those that despise Obama are the minority. The vote for trump worked out, just as it did for Obama twice ! Does not mean trump will have success. Just wait, in the end I will bet Obama will outshine trump any day, but will have to wait at least 4 yrs for the proof

Old 12-24-2016, 10:52 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,065,142 times
You have to remember that we don't elect good people to high public office. The ones that want those jobs are the ones looking for money and power and both. The higher the job, the less honest and more lacking in character they get. Those that say otherwise think you're stupid if you believe them. But its a trade off. To get those positions of power, they have to make some effort to keep the people happy and to not be complete failures in getting necessary goals accomplished. Trump may be enough of an outsider to actually try to keep some of his promises and to do good. We can hope.
But Obama was on the other end of the spectrum. He made promises and didn't deliver. And he made decisions that were just bad for the country. I've said he was just a rubber stamp put in office to be a flunky stooge, and I stand by that. I don't think he could make a good or a bad decision on his own, he's clueless and spineless. So for that reason, he's beneath contempt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies