Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 03:03 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacSoc View Post
Oh he absolutely was lousy on foreign policy because he was WEAK. I didn't agree with most of his foreign policy (I do agree with him on the Iran deal) but Trump may erase a lot of Obama's legacy but Obama allowing the UN to vote on Israel breaking the law will go down as one of the greatest achievements EVER! He finally showed some backbone and it was BEAUTIFUL! I have had nothing but non stop laughing at faux news since yesterday afternoon....Huckabee was so mad he was shaking last night all the ziochristians were....absolutely hilarious.
Backbone? Completely looking at it objectively, backbone would have been if he did this back in 2011 when he would have had to deal with the ramifications. Doing it now was cowardly. Now Trump will have to deal with it. And deal with it, he will. Without further resolutions, this one has no teeth. Netanyahu has already said that he won't abide by the resolution, and Trump will veto any resolution where the UN tries to enforce this one.

What I am loving about this, is that it is finally causing some liberal Jews to reevaluate their political alliances. Perhaps Trump's anticipated response will cause you to reevaluate yours?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2016, 03:06 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Obama has absolutely no foreign policy accomplishments, except appeasement of a brutal dictator, an Islamic terrorist, the rise of ISIS, and the derision of out allies.

Old 12-24-2016, 03:12 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,931,272 times
It didn't start with Barry. W did SIGNIFICANT damage to the reputation of the US and Barry didn't do a whole lot to improve it either, although he was left with extremely difficult situations Neither Barry or W were good.

Old 12-24-2016, 03:16 PM

325 posts, read 153,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Backbone? Completely looking at it objectively, backbone would have been if he did this back in 2011 when he would have had to deal with the ramifications. Doing it now was cowardly. Now Trump will have to deal with it. And deal with it, he will. Without further resolutions, this one has no teeth. Netanyahu has already said that he won't abide by the resolution, and Trump will veto any resolution where the UN tries to enforce this one.

What I am loving about this, is that it is finally causing some liberal Jews to reevaluate their political alliances. Perhaps Trump's anticipated response will cause you to reevaluate yours?
Trump can't do jack. 14 out of 15 countries voted for it that are permanent members of the SC. I am just waiting on the world to invade Israel like they did Iraq since Israel won't abide by the law.

Old 12-24-2016, 03:21 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Obama has absolutely no foreign policy accomplishments, except appeasement of a brutal dictator, an Islamic terrorist, the rise of ISIS, and the derision of out allies.

Oooooooooooooooooooh, such derision: As Obama Years Draw to Close, President and U.S. Seen Favorably in Europe and Asia | Pew Research Center

Now Trump on the other hand:Pew poll: Trump at 9% with Europeans - CNNPolitics.com

Old 12-24-2016, 03:23 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Europe can keep Merkle, and we will keep Trump.

Besides, Europe has been wussified and and it's men have been neutered. Who wants to emulate that?

Let the Europeans worry about Europe. They've got enough problems of their own to deal with thanks to misguided leadership.

Old 12-24-2016, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post

Besides, Europe has been wussifies and and it's men have been neutered. Who wants to emulate that?

Yeah, let's see where his numbers are in a year.

Old 12-24-2016, 03:27 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacSoc View Post
Trump can't do jack. 14 out of 15 countries voted for it that are permanent members of the SC. I am just waiting on the world to invade Israel like they did Iraq since Israel won't abide by the law.
I don't think you understand how the security council works. There are only 5 permanent members, not 15. US, UK, France, Russia, and China. Any one of them can veto any resolution. How are they going to act on this resolution if Trump keeps vetoing them?

I had a funny thought during my last post. How awesome would it be if Trump traded away the white supremacists in exchange for Jews? I don't think it will happen because you guys will find some reason to still like him, and liberal Jews will find some reason to shoot themselves in the foot, like they always do. But one can dream.

Old 12-24-2016, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post

Besides, Europe has been wussified and turned into a sissy nanny big government state run organization. Who wants to emulate that?

Let the Europeans worry about Europe. They've got enough problems of their own to deal with.

I was responding to a whine about the "derision of our allies", the numbers don't bear that out.

Old 12-24-2016, 03:43 PM

325 posts, read 153,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I don't think you understand how the security council works. There are only 5 permanent members, not 15. US, UK, France, Russia, and China. Any one of them can veto any resolution. How are they going to act on this resolution if Trump keeps vetoing them?

I had a funny thought during my last post. How awesome would it be if Trump traded away the white supremacists in exchange for Jews? I don't think it will happen because you guys will find some reason to still like him, and liberal Jews will find some reason to shoot themselves in the foot, like they always do. But one can dream.
It was already passed how is he going to veto it? LOL....I have said it before Trump for me is an means to an end. He isn't even close to what the end result will be. But he sure smashed the door down. I knew he was a slave to Israel when he started running....I don't think he quite understands everything yet though...if he was a 100% in with Israel and AIPAC etc he wouldn't be trying to close the border and build the wall. He wouldn't be HELPING America get better. As Netanyahu once said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States it can dry up and blow away" as was told to Jonathan Pollard. I guess Netanyahu would have a slight reason to allow the US to rebuild its self so he can suck it dry once again....he is playing with fire though...cross Trump and its often a 1 time deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies