Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2016, 10:30 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,528,639 times

Advertisements

The Jewish people have dealt with haters much smarter and powerful than Obama over the centuries. Obama is small potatoes.

Old 12-27-2016, 10:30 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
The thought that Jews would ever again trust their future to any foreign country is laughable. Have you learned nothing from this election? No matter how friendly or altruistic a country may be, a fascist can easily be voted into power who will happily throw any minority under the bus to divert attention from their real motives.
Right...

Maybe we should reconfigure the world so that every group of peoples has their own country.

Christian Land. Libertaria. The United States of Mormon. LGBTAVIA. Jehovah Witness Land. American Indian Land. The Supreme Union of White Supremacy. The Union of Alt-Rightism...

Old 12-27-2016, 10:32 AM

649 posts, read 316,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
It was not legal for the surrounding countries to attack Israel in 1967 during the six-days war (research this for some more background on this) with the intention of annihilating Israel either, under the theory that "to the victor goes the spoils" and that "might makes right".

But these Middle-Eastern countries did not annihilate Israel, in fact just the opposite occurred. Israel, an upstart nation that had existed less than 20 years in this iteration beat the crap out of this coalition of forces, pushing them back and taking more land for themselves, especially in the West Bank. So, "to the victor goes the spoils" and "might makes right," no? This still worked for Russia just a few years ago in the Crimea, so it is not like it is an obsolete concept or anything.

The West Bank and Jerusalem are the land areas that are in question. The problem is that the West bank is just an open territory and is not a nation. After Israel conquered this land, in response to being attacked during the six-days war, they have as much right to build houses here as anyone else does. Where they have chosen to do this, these areas are called "settlements".

You might also consider studying the events leading up to the formation of Israel in 1948, just after the Holocaust during WWII. However, the history goes back to the 1800's and is referred to as the "Zionist" movement. The US sponsored the establishment of Israel as a nation in 1948 and has been their unflinching ally ever since, until the vote last week by our petulant child President, Barack H. Obama. There is also a movie about the creation of Israel starring Paul Newman called Exodus, which was made in 1960. It is entertaining and also quite informative.

Also, this all ties in with Biblical prophecies about the restoration of Israel, which was wiped out by the Romans shortly after the death of Jesus Christ, with the Jews left wandering without a country for nearly 2000 years until their country was re-established in 1948. This was a really big deal. If you want to know more, you need to study the Bible prophecies relating to the re-establishment of Israel. As a result of these and other Biblical reasons, Bible-believing Christians here in the US and around the world tend to be very supportive of Israel. You cannot understand this issue without understanding the religious context provided by the Jewish, Christian and Islamic religions to this ongoing conflict.
Very good , if you believe everything won in war should be given back , where would you like to start here in the US ?

Old 12-27-2016, 10:32 AM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahboy79 View Post
So i was going to make another post but i'll just comment here...I honestly did not know anything about this Israel settlement issue so i've been researching. Everything I have read points towards these settlements being illegal in everyone's eyes (except Israel). The vote itself was 14-0 with nations like Britain, France, Russia, China, Japan, Ukraine, Angola, Egypt, Uruguay, Spain, Senegal and New Zealand voting against Israel. This doesn't seem like a disputed topic. I even found articles months and years ago that said Obama was trying to convince Netanyahu to not build new settlements yet Israel continued. What did you expect US to do in that situation? I don't understand why US would veto the resolution if Israel is clearly wrong. makes no sense.
The resolution will destroy the 1967 pact of Israel.

Quote:
Schumer, who is both the highest-ranking Jewish lawmaker and the next Senate Democratic leader, added that "the U.N. has long shown its anti-Israel bias, and the U.S. government... [has] admirably kept the U.N. out when it comes to negotiations" to reach a two-state solution.

It's not the first time Schumer has bucked Obama on foreign policy, previously voting against the Iran nuclear deal.

Many of y'all have been drinking lots of that MSM er LSM tea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Oil rich countries have oil. What does Israel have?
A state of people, a race, a creed that was nearly exterminated from the earth.

Wow. I did not realize how en vogue it was to hate Israel, a place that repeatedly turns sand into gold.

Last edited by McGowdog; 12-27-2016 at 11:09 AM..

Old 12-27-2016, 10:34 AM

18,130 posts, read 25,286,567 times
Default Conservatives - Please define "American that hates Israel"

Conservatives - Please define "American that hates Israel"

Keep in mind that Jewish Americans have voted for the Democratic presidential candidate for over 100 years
Jewish Voting Record in U.S. Presidential Elections | Jewish Virtual Library

Examining the Jewish Vote

According to exit polls, 71% of American Jews voted for Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton, while only 24% backed her Republican opponent Donald Trump. Though Haaretz described the outcome as a reflection of overwhelming Jewish support for Clinton, the truth is the opposite. Jews rejected her in extraordinary numbers and may have contributed to her defeat in battleground states with large Jewish populations.

I cannot claim any great prior insight, because I had expected Trump to potentially get the lowest percentage of the Jewish vote of any Republican in history; he did not. Similarly, most of the autopsies on the election so far have incorrectly asserted that Jews rejected him when, in fact, his share of the Jewish vote was about average for a Republican candidate. In fact, he did as well or better than every Republican since 1992 — George W. Bush (24% in 2004 and 19% in 2000), Dole (16% in 1996) and Bush Sr. (11% in 1992) — with the exception of Romney (30%) who benefited from Jewish disillusionment with Obama’s Middle East policies.

Old 12-27-2016, 10:39 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Is that why they have been so successful in this country? As a group, they earn more money than any other by a huge margin. They also hold a disproportionate number of high offices such as the Supreme Court.

Must be nice to live in a country that is so "anti-semitic".
Oh so if a group succeeds despite discrimination, then the discrimination was never real in the first place?

I wonder what Jews would think about that idea. BTW, i guess i'm just supposed to forget about the JDL, huh? Why did they come into existence if there was no discrimination?

So i'm sticking to my original point...white nationalism and white Christianity has been far crueler to Jews than black nationalism has ever been. And the evidence is irrefutable.

Old 12-27-2016, 10:42 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
In today's climate? Not being a fan of lox and bagels for lunch.

That's all it takes with these conservatives. And lemme be clear, it ain't the Jews in this country throwing around these accusations...it's Christian Conseratives.

Old 12-27-2016, 10:44 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,657,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Is that why they have been so successful in this country? As a group, they earn more money than any other by a huge margin. They also hold a disproportionate number of high offices such as the Supreme Court.

Must be nice to live in a country that is so "anti-semitic".
Just a simple question: The blacks in USA are 13% of the population, and at the same time they are 80% of the NBA players. Wouldn't it be a discrimination, if the government will issue a quota of 25% maximum blacks in the NBA?

Old 12-27-2016, 10:46 AM

8,502 posts, read 3,341,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash123 View Post
Basically we in Israel expected the same treatment as Russia treats its ally. They will veto everything. We were wrong in our expectation and will not put again all our eggs in one basket.
mash123, Israelis like you have always been way too sophisticated and politically aware to put all their eggs in one basket. US support for Israel will continue to be unwavering even though Israel, too, is about to experience Trump wanting to "make a great deal." (Here, Trump already has moved from being "neutral" to voicing outright support of Israel and, now, of course joins you in criticism of Obama).

In recent decades, US support for Israel has been remarkably firm (although again Israel would never commit the ultimate political error of counting on it). For example, there's no way that the Israeli attack on the USS Liberty in 1968 that killed a number of Americans was accidental. The motivation? It was crucial that the ship's surveillance capabilities be neutralized to allow Israel to take still more territory before the cease fire. The reality is that Israel needed the Golan Heights for security. Israel apologized. The Johnson administration covered it up. No problem.

Israel will do what it needs to in a tough world. Netanyahu will take whatever action he deems best about the settlements. The US will (Obama has) respond. It's all perfectly predictable with no end and no absolute right or wrong. One of the great arguments against the initial formation of the State of Israel was that it would form a flashpoint. Just like the religious-minded believe its creation fulfilled a Biblical prophecy, that political prophecy also came to pass.

Old 12-27-2016, 10:48 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,657,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
So i'm sticking to my original point...white nationalism and white Christianity has been far crueler to Jews than black nationalism has ever been. And the evidence is irrefutable.
I'm not sure that it's a fair comparison. Blacks never had a real power in USA or in the world that can influence on the Jewish well being. Jews are not living in Africa also.
We can only guess what will happened in a black majority country. And no, South Africa is not a good example for a lot of reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies