Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 10:43 AM

29,531 posts, read 9,700,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Or maybe, some people are a little too willing to give Obama a pass on whatever he does.

And in light of that, in keeping with the topic of the thread, I always thought the people who claimed Obama is a Muslim, were a little wacky. I'm not so sure anymore.
The pass or no pass is known as elections, and/or here is a bit more in the way of "lies" (or not) for you and the rest of America to judge as we will...

OBAMA: "Now, that doesn’t mean that it’s perfect. No law is. And it's true that a lot of the noise around the health care debate, ever since we tried to pass this law, has been nothing more than politics. But we’ve also always known -- and I have always said -- that for all the good that the Affordable Care Act is doing right now -- for as big a step forward as it was -- it's still just a first step. It's like building a starter home -- or buying a starter home. It's a lot better than not having a home, but you hope that over time you make some improvements.

And in fact, since we first signed the law, we’ve already taken a number of steps to improve it. And we can do even more -- but only if we put aside all the politics rhetoric, all the partisanship, and just be honest about what’s working, what needs fixing and how we fix it.

So that's what I want to do today. This isn't kind of a rah-rah speech. I might get into the details. I hope you don’t mind. (Laughter.)

So let's start with a basic fact. The majority of Americans do not -- let me repeat -- do not get health care through the Affordable Care Act. Eighty percent or so of Americans get health care on the job, through their employer, or they get health care through Medicaid, or they get health care through Medicare. And so for most Americans, the Affordable Care Act, Obama, has not affected your coverage -- except to make it stronger."

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...dable-care-act

PS: There is another good interview with Obama about how the ACA turned out that was excellent and worth considering, if only more Americans were even so inclined or wanting to bother. You might search for it if you are really interested or of the belief you opinion about all this is subject to change.

Old 01-01-2017, 10:46 AM

29,531 posts, read 9,700,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Happy New Year, LearnMe!
Yes! Happy New Year!

With hopes that won't turn out to be another "lie" for all too many people...
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies