Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 10:28 AM

6,620 posts, read 5,006,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
We all know, or surely should by now, it really doesn't matter the location or occasion...

We've got 9/11 to consider, the Boston Marathon, pretty much anywhere a terrorist can kill as many people as possible for whatever their demented reasons. Good news, despite the FBI warning about religious gatherings this season, seems there are not as many terrorists all over the world that might commit a terrorist act, because there sure were lots of opportunities yet few incidents. Knock on wood...

What to make of that? I'm not sure, but maybe the threat is not enough to keep most people from living their lives as they normally would/should. We're more likely to be killed or injured in a car accident, but even still, we keep driving...
Clearly the terrorist hate runners, and office people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2016, 12:01 PM

29,526 posts, read 9,700,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glegg View Post
the problem is the bigwigs want the Arab oil/money and they get the media and govt to do what they want. Islam has been a problem for everyone else for the past 1300 yrs. Until the "religion" is radically altered, the only viable response to their horror is to kill them.
Translation: kill all Muslims?

Because what I know about people and the religions they adopt at a rather early age for all the reasons they do, and how all that works among the faithful, no radical alteration is likely to happen in our lifetimes. I mean, we are trying to be real here, right?

Old 12-28-2016, 12:49 PM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Well we are about to find out if chanting the words "radical Islam" will change anything with Michael Flynn & KT McFarland leading NSA although I don't believe that General Mattis is in the radical Islam camp. I would really like to know their plans beyond this as to how we defeat ISIS but so far that has been closely held.

Old 12-28-2016, 02:22 PM

19,013 posts, read 14,188,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisetheworld View Post
Donald Trump has no problem calling Muslims who pervert the religion of Islam to commit terrorist acts as Radical Islamic Terrorists.
Actually, there is no such thing as a "radical" Islamic Terrorist. Islam embraces both peaceful members and murdering jihadis. This dichotomy confuses western thinkers.
Peaceful Muslims and bloodthirsty Jihadis are all part of Islam.
Nothing guarantees the former nor prevents the latter.
Both are “acceptable†to Islam.

Islam is at war with all peoples, religions, and governments.
= = =
"I have been ordered to fight with the people till they say, ‘None has the right to be worshipped but Allah,’ and whoever says, ‘None has the right to be worshipped but Allah,’ his life and property will be saved by me." (saith Mohammed)
Hadith about Jihad - Islam web - English
= = =
Eternal jihad until all are converted, dhimmi, or dead.
Convert, Submit, or DIE.
No other option.
=> (It's in their Koran, Hadiths, Sira, and the Sunna of Mohammed) <=

Old 12-28-2016, 07:03 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,588,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Actually, there is no such thing as a "radical" Islamic Terrorist. Islam embraces both peaceful members and murdering jihadis. This dichotomy confuses western thinkers.
Peaceful Muslims and bloodthirsty Jihadis are all part of Islam.
Nothing guarantees the former nor prevents the latter.
Both are “acceptable” to Islam.

Islam is at war with all peoples, religions, and governments.
= = =
"I have been ordered to fight with the people till they say, ‘None has the right to be worshipped but Allah,’ and whoever says, ‘None has the right to be worshipped but Allah,’ his life and property will be saved by me." (saith Mohammed)
Hadith about Jihad - Islam web - English
= = =
Eternal jihad until all are converted, dhimmi, or dead.
Convert, Submit, or DIE.
No other option.
=> (It's in their Koran, Hadiths, Sira, and the Sunna of Mohammed) <=
I've heard it said and I believe it to be true, that if one had an original Holy Bible (written in the original language) of the Christian faith, it would read just like the Koran ....

Religion does not make the people. The people make the religion.

Old 12-28-2016, 07:17 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,354,109 times
Because Obama would have to acknowledge that his people are thugs and murderers.

Old 12-28-2016, 09:10 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,906,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Grumpy..., if you believe what you write in this comment, I think you just might believe anything, yet another characteristic of a terrorist. My only hope is that you are not prone toward violence to act upon your disturbing beliefs...
As Jack said, "You can't handle the truth".
Everything I said is the absolute truth, obama hates America is is on the side to the terrorists, he has proven it over and over again...
For eight years he has done everything in his power to bring America down, just look at what he has done since the election, on his way out..
Learnme is the perfect name, you do need some learnin'...

Old 12-28-2016, 09:13 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,622,028 times
That phrase came right off Fox News... who cares what you call it.?

Old 12-29-2016, 06:16 AM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
That phrase came right off Fox News... who cares what you call it.?
Well the fox News experts are now in the white house.

Old 12-29-2016, 06:33 AM

39,198 posts, read 27,575,665 times
I think avoiding the term "radical islamic terrorists" actually HURTS Muslims the most. NO sane person hears the term "RADICAL islamic terrorists" will believe ALL Muslims are terrorists. The keyword here is "radical".

I personally will never think less of a fellow human being just because they are Muslim. But I sincerely believe there is something extremely wrong with Islam. Or maybe there are two types of Islam religion. I think there are two types of Muslims, 1. RADICAL islamic terrorists, 2. peace loving Muslims just like you and I.

The entire Islamic world should come together as one and decide whether denial is the approach they want to take towards criticism, or accept that there might be something wrong and work towards at least identifying the problem.

For example, do you want to say the Germans cause the holocaust, or the NAZIS? Do you want to say the Japanese bombed the Pearl harbor, or the Japanese Imperial Military? See the difference?

As a girl who actually had a relative (who looked nothing like the 'enemy') interned, I have a very different views about this subject.

People are going to judge anyway. You can't stop them from judging. Which one do you want? "hey look, those Muslims did it again." or "Those fundamentalist Radicals did it again."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies