Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2016, 09:39 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I am not bringing "morality" into the conversation, and I am just here to answer your question.

This is my opinion,

The solution is for Israel to exert its sovereignty over all its territory and to stand firm and unyielding in its resolve to do so, no matter who disagrees. Israel can offer citizenship to those Arabs willing to sign an oath of loyalty to the Jewish State. The rest can be offered a handsome resettlement package to live where they choose, perhaps in one of the 22 Muslim Arab states in the region.

The world needs to mind its own business.

Oh, for the Americans who want to fight and lose lives for Israel, please join Israel army. The end

BRAVA! Well said!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2016, 09:44 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times
Quote:
I am not bringing "morality" into the conversation, and I am just here to answer your question.

This is my opinion,

The solution is for Israel to exert its sovereignty over all its territory and to stand firm and unyielding in its resolve to do so, no matter who disagrees. Israel can offer citizenship to those Arabs willing to sign an oath of loyalty to the Jewish State. The rest can be offered a handsome resettlement package to live where they choose, perhaps in one of the 22 Muslim Arab states in the region.

Oh, for the Americans who want to fight and lose lives for Israel, please join Israel army. The end.
Israel has offered citizenship and those who accepted have already moved out (nearly all were Christian Arabs). All resettlement's have already been denied by the members of the Arab league (Palestinians have silently been moving into the US over the past decade) and any funding to do so would come from the UN and its numerous aid programs.

Old 12-25-2016, 09:46 AM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
We know that from Gaza's history in 2005. But will it continue as of 1/1/2017 as they are no longer occupied and can no longer use that excuse?
They don't need an excuse. They are taught from early childhood to hate Israelis and kill Jews. Borders don't mean a thing. Trying to teach people that live and think the same as they did 1000 years ago doesn't work. Look at Europe and what's happened there. Barbarians will continue to be barbarians.

Old 12-25-2016, 09:47 AM

39,206 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Israel has offered citizenship and those who accepted have already moved out (nearly all were Christian Arabs). All resettlement's have already been denied by the members of the Arab league (Palestinians have silently been moving into the US over the past decade) and any funding to do so would come from the UN and its numerous aid programs.
I also said,

The solution is for Israel to exert its sovereignty over all its territory and to stand firm and unyielding in its resolve to do so, no matter who disagrees.

and the rest of the world minds its own business.

My answer to your hypothetical question

Old 12-25-2016, 09:51 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,730,816 times
Quote:
I also said,

The solution is for Israel to exert its sovereignty over all its territory and to stand firm and unyielding in its resolve to do so, no matter who disagrees.

and the rest of the world minds its own business.

My answer to your hypothetical question
But would they?

Old 12-25-2016, 09:54 AM

Quote:
But would they?
I think so if America takes Israel's side. UN is really useless without the U.S.

Trump will make it a little better, in my opinion. I personally don't want to push Israel to Russia or China.

Old 12-25-2016, 10:41 AM

649 posts, read 316,346 times
Quote:

This is my opinion,

Oh, for the Americans who want to fight and lose lives for Israel, please join Israel army. The end.
Don't believe in having Allies ?

Old 12-25-2016, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan Savage View Post
huh?

Old 12-25-2016, 10:55 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
How should Israel respond to it? or Should Israel wait for a UN resolution before responding to it?
They should respond to it any way they see fit. Hell, that's what they've been doing anyway. All nations have the right to defend themselves, including Israel.

As to the rest of your question, it's on the other side of the world....and as long as the United States isn't involved, doesn't matter to me how it turns out.

Old 12-25-2016, 11:02 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan Savage View Post
Nope. The United States is the one country in this world that DOES NOT need one single ally. Allies cost too damn much, and anything we don't have, we can buy or trade for it.

Our Founders were wise and prescient enough to understand that permanent alliances would keep this nation in perpetual conflict. The Middle East wasn't a factor back then obviously, but Europe was. And the Europeans were at war so often because mutual defense pacts kept nations at each other's throats even when they had no national interests at stake. Their ally was at war, so they had to go to war too.

Why so many Americans want this country to be caught up in that nonsense when we don't need to be is beyond me. We live in a friendly, peaceful hemisphere with large oceans on our flanks that allow us to see danger from thousands of miles away.

All of our recent wars from Korea to Afghanistan have been self inflicted, and we've lost thousands of men for absolutely nothing. We haven't gained a damn thing from one war since WW2.

The question is, why do YOU believe in having allies given what i just laid out?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies