Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2016, 06:55 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times

Advertisements

I also want to say I don't really care if Russia wants to reclaim some of the old Soviet bloc. I say let them have that part of the world. Maybe they will do a better job managing things over there than the U.S. has the past several decades.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2016, 07:37 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,278,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I also want to say I don't really care if Russia wants to reclaim some of the old Soviet bloc. I say let them have that part of the world. Maybe they will do a better job managing things over there than the U.S. has the past several decades.
Outside of Syria (which wasn't really part of the eastern block) I'm hardpressed to think of another example. I know the folks on the Baltic sure wouldn't like that. Central Asia I don't know about. Seems like they're more like the old USSR than Russia is these days so you might have a point. I don't think the Caucusas want any more of a relationship than they have now. Check Republic bought into western Europe wholeheartedly, they would never turn to Russia.

Old 12-26-2016, 07:54 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,372,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
It's Putin that's the issue. Not Russia.
For sure..It's not people but the Autocrat/Oligarchy who controls everything the people consume..including information and food among other such things. Meanwhile Putin and his buddies gain water..and the people have to tighten belts ! ALL blamed on the EVIL Western Countries... Anyone within the Country who even peeps opposition mysteriously goes away!! Does USA want such a powerful figure heading their decision making??

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Outside of Syria (which wasn't really part of the eastern block) I'm hardpressed to think of another example. I know the folks on the Baltic sure wouldn't like that. Central Asia I don't know about. Seems like they're more like the old USSR than Russia is these days so you might have a point.
Outside of Syria, you obviously have no clue just how Putin operates..he shoots civilian planes out of the sky..deny deny.. Takes over Crimea..and says the people wanted to re-unit..then of course..invade Ukraine when Leader got ousted..invaded northern Ukraine with arms/troops and armaments ..THEN deny deny..But there's photo evidence. Putin will eventually be called before the Hague for "War Crimes"..but no doubt he would suicide ( just like Hitler) so go out without Earthly accountability!

Quote:
The fact you don't give a care about Putin's need to reclaim..conducting atrocities in the name of such..makes me wonder about your belief in "Democracy".. Good luck tho..because many rebel when Government intrudes on their person rights..yet you condone Putin to obliterate not just the rights of his people..but the sovereign rights of Countries he wishes to recapture!

Just an aside..You obviously have no knowledge about the "Soviet Union" history either... Please try to research just why you come to your conclusions..May be helpful.. Living in a free Country allows one to learn ..so your conclusion baffles me??/

Old 12-26-2016, 08:03 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,372,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
It's Putin that's the issue. Not Russia.
For sure..It's not people but the Autocrat/Oligarchy who controls everything the people consume..including information and food among other such things. Meanwhile Putin and his buddies gain water..and the people have to tighten belts ! ALL blamed on the EVIL Western Countries... Anyone within the Country who even peeps opposition mysteriously goes away!! Does USA want such a powerful figure heading their decision making??

Quote:
Outside of Syria (which wasn't really part of the eastern block) I'm hardpressed to think of another example. I know the folks on the Baltic sure wouldn't like that. Central Asia I don't know about. Seems like they're more like the old USSR than Russia is these days so you might have a point.
Outside of Syria, you obviously have no clue just how Putin operates..he shoots civilian planes out of the sky..deny deny.. Takes over Crimea..and says the people wanted to re-unit..then of course..invade Ukraine when Leader got ousted..invaded northern Ukraine with arms/troops and armaments ..THEN deny deny..But there's photo evidence. Putin will eventually be called before the Hague for "War Crimes"..but no doubt he would suicide ( just like Hitler) so go out without Earthly accountability!

Quote:
The fact you don't give a care about Putin's need to reclaim..conducting atrocities in the name of such..makes me wonder about your belief in "Democracy".. Good luck tho..because many rebel when Government intrudes on their person rights..yet you condone Putin to obliterate not just the rights of his people..but the sovereign rights of Countries he wishes to recapture!

Just an aside..You obviously have no knowledge about the "Soviet Union" history either... Please try to research just why you come to your conclusions..May be helpful.. Living in a free Country allows one to learn ..so your conclusion baffles me?? Then there's you somehow accept Putin's backing ASSAD who has been killing his own people..and Putin too kills anyone against Assad..and IGNORED ISIS? US will always regret that! oh yeah..Putin/Assad thugs kill Humanity Medical teams too..Clap clap ..Enjoy your accolades for such TYRANTS !!

Old 12-26-2016, 08:07 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
I don't condone it, I just don't care if it happens. I mean, what does the United States lose if Russia takes over those countries.

Sorry for sounding hard and callous, but I don't think it's the job of this country to be the world's police. Unless it's something that threatens the interest of the United States, I don't care if Putin wants to take over some banana republic in eastern Europe or north Asia.

Old 12-26-2016, 08:09 PM
TKO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Outside of Syria, you obviously have no clue just how Putin operates..he shoots civilian planes out of the sky..deny deny..
I wasn't suggesting that Russia's actions in Syria made me happy. They don't. Just that ours (or our lack of them) weren't having any positive results either. Countering the argument that Russia should have more influence on the countries closer to them.

Old 12-26-2016, 08:15 PM

1,875 posts, read 1,326,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The OP is justifying the invasion and annexation of Ukrainian territory

.......................but Obama is the bad guy.

that territory in Ukraine WANTS to be part of Russia just FYI

Old 12-26-2016, 08:24 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
No, I am talking about trump wanting to control the press, like most dictators do. What fake news? Does not matter, because two wrongs do not equate to a right, nice excuse, too bad it does not actually excuse bad behavior.
If you truly thought this was so horrible, you would be outraged with Hillary, Obama, and Bill for proposing similar things. You single out Trump, because you truly don't have principles on this particular issue. It is merely a chance to take a whack at Trump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Nope you are still Wrong. Trust the Russians and Putin all you want, just do not try making it National Policy. Not to worry the actual Republicans controlling Congress will not allow trump to put the Nation at risk.
I don't trust the Russians like Hillary 2009 and Obama 2012 offering Putin more flexibility to run amok after the election against Romney. I just don't want to war monger against the Russians like Hillary 2016.

Romney was spot on and the liberal media, liberal posters on here, and Obama were wrong to blast Romney.

Hence this is a wedge issue for Democrats - generally speaking it doesn't matter what position they take on Russia. Democrats are fine with blasting Romney for accurately depicting Putin, Democrats are fine with supporting Obama for offering Putin more flexibility, Democrats are fine with a Hillary Russian rest in 2009, but Democrats are also fine with blasting Trump for being willing to work with Russia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He mentioned "negative stories", so clearly that alone is enough to go after the media. He will not allow people to speak negatively about him. No criticism allowed. It is very USSR.
Stop the fake news. The quote in context makes it clear that the negative stories are stories that contain false information, information that can't be proved (ie Melania was a prostitute), etc... This is nothing different from Bill, Obama, and Hillary making proposals to snuff out too much slant in talk radio and etc...

Do you honestly think that a national law could supersede the 1st Amendment by saying "no criticism allowed?" Just curious, what fake news outlet did you get this biased BS from that has you so paranoid?

Old 12-26-2016, 08:32 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,841,702 times
Quote:
I wasn't suggesting that Russia's actions in Syria made me happy..
Why? What Russia did wrong in Syria?
If you tell me that Russia was bombing syrian cities and was killing lots of syrian civilians that is the brazen lie of the WH propaganda and fake news. All those crimes were committed by syrian terrorists that get support from the WH in every possible way.

Old 12-26-2016, 08:46 PM
TKO

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
Why? What Russia did wrong in Syria?
If you tell me that Russia was bombing syrian cities and was killing lots of syrian civilians that is the brazen lie of the WH propaganda and fake news. All those crimes were committed by syrian terrorists that get support from the WH in every possible way.
Taking sides and getting involved in the action in what can't be denied is a very aggressive manner. If a foreign power is going to have major impact on the future of Syria I'd just a soon it was the US vs Russia. I'm an American. I understand, or guess from your diction, why you'd think otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies