Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 11:44 AM

19,780 posts, read 12,030,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Nah, only women can choose to abort.

Why, do you plan on giving men equal abortion rights? Then we can talk about male responsibility.
If you don't trust her, wrap it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2016, 12:00 PM

36,186 posts, read 30,648,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeclanMadden View Post
We should just stop extorting men for child support to begin with.

That's what all the ladies want, right? Reproductive choice?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skezo View Post
Maybe because men have no say in whether or not to have the child or have an abortion but are still on the hook financially either way?
Quote:
Well women fought for choice, they won choice, so let's make it THEIR choice, and their burden.

That's been the problem with the whole abortion thing all along. Women want control over their own bodies. Sounds good to me. Now pay for the decisions you make with it.
Quote:
Or just abolish child support. Make women responsible for their choices of sexual partners.
Quote:
Nah, only women can choose to abort.

Why, do you plan on giving men equal abortion rights? Then we can talk about male responsibility.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Women are 100% in charge of WHEN and WHO they have sex with unless they are raped.
For the love of Pete guys. Most CS is paid in cases of divorce.
Two people get married, decide to have a family (YES BOTH DECIDE TO HAVE CHILDREN TOGETHER) fast forward they get divorced for whatever reason. Those children need support from both parents.

I'm sorry you guys live in some freakish world where the idea of families and having children is specific to women only and men only become fathers against their will by trickery because a women wont abort but in the real world this scenario is rare and the majority of CS is a result of previous collaboration.

Old 12-27-2016, 12:03 PM

88,276 posts, read 84,257,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
How does someone pay $50 a week till they are employed if they have no money to start with?

I would hand over everything in my pocket and walk to a homeless shelter, and then good luck getting a job!
They can't, of course, and he didn't. I think the judge just said the $50 as a minimum because a) she is required by law to assign a parent to help support his kid, and b) perhaps she believes that a man being on the legal hook to help support his child might incentivize him to become an employed, productive member of society.

Old 12-27-2016, 12:12 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,665,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
If you don't trust her, wrap it.
If she doesn't trust the man, she should not have a child with him.

Old 12-27-2016, 12:26 PM

88,276 posts, read 84,257,762 times
Quote:
If she doesn't trust the man, she should not have a child with him.
Hahaha, the problem in many cases is that we DID trust the man. I had a responsible father who, though 100% disabled, got up and went to work every day and supported his family. My husband was employed and ambitious when I married him. Never did I dream that the birth of his child would send him reverting to become a clone of his abusive, drunk-ass dead father. Even his siblings were like WTF, you've turned into DAD!

In retrospect, there were signs, but I didn't know jack about alcoholism because I didn't grow up with it.

Beer under the bridge now. Daughter's grown, I managed it without much support from him. His loss.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 12-27-2016 at 12:34 PM..

Old 12-27-2016, 12:35 PM

8,858 posts, read 5,342,431 times
Quote:
Well women fought for choice, they won choice, so let's make it THEIR choice, and their burden.

That's been the problem with the whole abortion thing all along. Women want control over their own bodies. Sounds good to me. Now pay for the decisions you make with it.
So the women (and men) supporting the kids through their tax dollars are just out of luck?

Old 12-27-2016, 12:39 PM

8,858 posts, read 5,342,431 times
Quote:
Or just abolish child support. Make women responsible for their choices of sexual partners.
Last I heard, if she had sex, so did he.

You are opposed to making men accountable for their choices in sexual partners?

Old 12-27-2016, 12:46 PM

36,186 posts, read 30,648,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Hahaha, the problem in many cases is that we DID trust the man. I had a responsible father who, though 100% disabled, got up and went to work every day and supported his family. My husband was employed and ambitious when I married him. Never did I dream that the birth of his child would send him reverting to become a clone of his abusive, drunk-ass dead father. Even his siblings were like WTF, you've turned into DAD!

In retrospect, there were signs, but I didn't know jack about alcoholism because I didn't grow up with it.

Beer under the bridge now. Daughter's grown, I managed it without much support from him. His loss.
But Mighty, women are also suppose to be clairvoyant seers of the future not mere mortals who blindly fall in love, are trusting or are prey to trickery and deceit. And heaven forbid people grow and change over time.
So when we choose a man we should know without a doubt he will forever be a wonderful father and provider. Poor men have no idea nor are expected to know the woman they chose will become pregnant from sexual intercourse and not want to end the pregnancy but expect financial if not emotional support at the very least from the father. I mean she should have known not to trust him, right?

Old 12-27-2016, 12:53 PM

638 posts, read 309,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
For the love of Pete guys. Most CS is paid in cases of divorce.
Two people get married, decide to have a family (YES BOTH DECIDE TO HAVE CHILDREN TOGETHER) fast forward they get divorced for whatever reason. Those children need support from both parents.

I'm sorry you guys live in some freakish world where the idea of families and having children is specific to women only and men only become fathers against their will by trickery because a women wont abort but in the real world this scenario is rare and the majority of CS is a result of previous collaboration.
It was a comment on reproductive rights. In other words if a woman wants the choice to be ALL her own, so should the support. At the very least women should have to get consent from the father for an abortion.

Old 12-27-2016, 12:55 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,398,100 times
Your body, your choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies