Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 09:14 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Thanks for explaining this. Appreciate it.

Can you explain why people don't move to where the jobs are any more? Why they stay in a depressed area where they have no future?

The history of our nation is built on people moving to where they can be more prosperous. Why the change?

Do they really want polluted rivers? Does West Virginia really want to see all their gorgeous mountain tops dumped into the valleys by mining operations?

I'm having a difficult time making sense of this.
I don't think there has been a change. People still move. The company I used to work for outsourced 90% of the US workforce, and my co-workers moved to where the jobs were. Why would they not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2016, 11:55 AM

5,772 posts, read 3,221,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Obama can not create laws. He was lazy here. He refused to do the work required to actually get a law passed.
When you get a law degree from Harvard and successfully run for the Senate and the presidency perhaps you will earn the right to call someone lazy. The facts here are that when the House turned Republican in 2010 they promised to block him at every turn.

When you review the Obama presidency you seem to do so with venom. Only fools are convinced with hate speech.

Old 12-27-2016, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeclanMadden View Post
I would rather liquidate my 401k than have this sleazeball in office even one more day.
But you didn't did you?

Old 12-27-2016, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Gas was very cheap when Obama took over. If your standard on a good economy is the stock market you are a big part of the problem.

It used to be just the Romney's that thought the economy was the stock market.
The graph from energy.gov say's that you lie.
My lies are more accurate than your facts.

Old 12-27-2016, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
The graph from energy.gov say's that you lie.
My lies are more accurate than your facts.
Gas hit all time high in summer 2008 at well over $4.00, but then it came down temporarily just before the election, when the economy collapsed, and that is the only price the Bush loyalists remember. Gas was sky high for 8 years, but they only remember a month or two when it was low. That is partisan politics at its best.

Old 12-27-2016, 12:55 PM

638 posts, read 310,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Gas hit all time high in summer 2008 at well over $4.00, but then it came down temporarily just before the election, when the economy collapsed, and that is the only price the Bush loyalists remember. Gas was sky high for 8 years, but they only remember a month or two when it was low. That is partisan politics at its best.
What did Obama do, specifically, to lower gas prices?

Old 12-27-2016, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeclanMadden View Post
What did Obama do, specifically, to lower gas prices?
I didn't say he lowered them.

Old 12-27-2016, 01:07 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,656,633 times
He personally didn't lower gas prices. No president controls them. Gas prices are, generally speaking, a reflection of the economy and the stock market.

Old 12-27-2016, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
He personally didn't lower gas prices. No president controls them. Gas prices are, generally speaking, a reflection of the economy and the stock market.
Or price manipulation by OPEC.

US is on path to becoming the largest oil producer in the world, which gives us some more say in the price games, although the prices at the pump are not expected to go much lower, if at all.

Old 12-27-2016, 01:20 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
When you get a law degree from Harvard and successfully run for the Senate and the presidency perhaps you will earn the right to call someone lazy. The facts here are that when the House turned Republican in 2010 they promised to block him at every turn.
You do not have to convince the House. You have to convince the people.

Quote:
When you review the Obama presidency you seem to do so with venom. Only fools are convinced with hate speech.
I'm not sure what anything I said was hate speech.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies