Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2016, 09:37 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Very cool. I did not discover BSA until I married an Eagle Scout. Never looked back. I've gone places with the Boy Scouts that I never could have imagined. Wet caving? Mountain climbing? Zip-lining? White-water rafting? Quinzee building? Count me in!
My son was a member of Boy Scouts; he kind of liked it but was definitely NOT into doing crafts and there was a lot of crafts involved in Cub Scouts.

Where we lived - many young boys were cub scouts but the vast majority dropped out prior to or right after becoming boy scouts because it was no longer 'cool'. Middle school and high school team sports were cool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2016, 10:09 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
Not as much oblivious as addressing a different issue.

You are talking about legitimate female counselors or accepted members who are openly female.

The issue in this thread is an 8 year old girl who's mother claims is a boy. She is demanding support in that respect. I was trying to point out that her child is a girl......not a boy.

Think about it. 8 years old and mom does not think more thought should go into changing her child's sex?

The woman must be a super thinker.
I am greatly concerned with this shift, especially since most non-conforming gender children do not become an adult transgender and developmentally individual sexual identity does not truly begin to develop until mid-to-late teens. I fear some of this is akin to Munchausen by proxy - it is a real attention getter for the parent.

Old 12-29-2016, 11:11 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Two famous young transgender people died within weeks of each other..The Lady Cablis, and the Arquette sibling. I believe the hormone therapy is harmful in the long run.
Lady Chablis died of pneumonia. Alexis Arquette was HIV positive. She died of cardiac arrest a few weeks after having been treated for a heart infection. Neither had anything to do with hormone treatment.

Here's what often happens due to the way transgendered people are treated:

Ohio transgender teen's mom: 'He was an amazing boy' - CNN.com

From the suicide note:

"'Please don't be sad, it's for the better. The life I would've lived isn't worth living in ... because I'm transgender,' the note said. 'I could go into detail explaining why I feel that way, but this note is probably going to be lengthy enough as it is. To put it simply, I feel like a girl trapped in a boy's body, and I've felt that way ever since I was 4. I never knew there was a word for that feeling, nor was it possible for a boy to become a girl, so I never told anyone and I just continued to do traditionally "boyish" things to try to fit in.'"

Cause of death: intolerance. She was fourteen years old, and her mother denied her gender identity even after she stepped in front of a train and died.

Which would be better for the child in the OP? To be told, "No, you cannot be a Boy Scout because you are a girl, not a boy" or, "Yes, you are welcome to join us?" Who would be harmed?

Almost half of transgendered people will attempt suicide at some point.

The Truth About Transgender Suicide | The Huffington Post

From an adult:

http://www.myajc.com/news/local-educ...ZnOmMMwjJCydK/

Last edited by suzy_q2010; 12-29-2016 at 11:21 AM..

Old 12-29-2016, 12:01 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,088,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
I don't give two ****s if you "go along with it." I'm talking about your view that people should be forcibly institutionalized.

And your wrong about mentally ill "creatures," as you call them, indicating that you are far too young to have children. Lot's of people are mentally ill and in no way represent a threat to others. There are varying degrees of mental illness. Most people rarely represent a threat to anyone, and if they do, it's usually to themselves. Trans people aren't really an exception.

To be clear, I'm asking you to justify your authoritarian positions, not your views on if being trans is right or wrong.
And I (and most others) don't give a single sh*t about the "feelwings" of the addle-minded or their inability to look at their bodies to figure out if they're male or female as all humans as born - not "assigned" nor decided later in life nor a negotiable fact. This critter needs to be told "you're a girl and cannot be in BSA" and if there are internal conflicts get it to a doctor. If therapy and a proper amount of medication cannot solve the dilemma inside its' skull, then I believe it should be kept securely apart from society. Society has no obligation as a whole, nor do we as individuals, to accommodate its' delusions. And the same holds for all who harbor such madness.

I will not stand idly by and say nothing to facilitate the progressives' march towards making ours a fantasy world where reality has no hold. Those born male are male until death. Those born female remain so until death. Mutilation and cosmetic science experiments do not change that. The concept of gender identity is a myth concocted by liberal academics hiding from reality in their pot-induced comas. I don't want my daughter ever taught that boys are not always boys, girls are girls by choice, or that it's a changeable condition according to one's whims, or that she will ever have to tolerate freaks in the everyday world and accept them as normal.

I worked in a psych unit high school through college and became well acquainted with the practices and realities of the system and its' inhabitants. I understand well the dangers such individuals can present. Those under the illusion of being born into the wrong body are no exception.

Get such creatures help, and if it doesn't work, then isolate them.

I was well into my 40s when I had my child, so your assertion of my being too young is off, as are most of your ideals.

Last edited by Workin_Hard; 12-29-2016 at 12:17 PM..

Old 12-29-2016, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
II fear some of this is akin to Munchausen by proxy - it is a real attention getter for the parent.
+1

Old 12-29-2016, 12:05 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
And I (and most others) don't give a single sh*t about the "feelwings" of the addle-minded or their inability to look at their bodies to figure out if they're male or female as all humans as born - not "assigned" nor decided later in life nor a negotiable fact. This critter needs to be told "you're a girl and cannot be in BSA" and if there are internal conflicts get it to a doctor. If therapy and a proper amount of medication cannot solve the dilemma inside its' skull, then I believe it should be kept securely apart from society. Society has no obligation as a whole, nor do we as individuals, to accommodate its' delusions. And the same holds for all who harbor such madness.

I will not stand idly by and say nothing to facilitate the progressives' march towards making ours a fantasy world where reality has no hold. Those born male are make until death. Those born female remain so until death. Mutilation and cosmetic science experiments do not change that. The concept of gender identity is a myth concocted by liberal academics hiding from reality in their pot-induced comas. I don't want my daughter ever taught that boys are not always boys, girls are girls by choice, or that it's a changeable condition according to one's whims, or that she will ever have to tolerate freaks in the everyday world and accept them as normal.

I worked in a psych unit high school through college and became well acquainted with the practices and realities of the system and its' inhabitants. I understand well the dangers such individuals can present. Those under the illusion of being born into the wrong body are no exception.

Get such creatures help, and if it doesn't work, then isolate them.

I was well into my 40s when I had my child, so your assertion of my being too young is off, as are most of your ideals.
Thank God people who think like this are older and dying off.

Old 12-29-2016, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
It hurts no one. Other than the boy. Who looks like a boy and acts like a boy.
And it is not and never will be a boy. (pssst... boys don't have vaginas) The harm is in implanting into the minds of the other (real) boys that a girl can become a boy, and maybe if they want to try being girls all they have to do is put on a dress and suddenly they are real girls and everyone else should accept them as such.

Old 12-29-2016, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Thank God people who think like this are older and dying off.
So your progressive utopia can proceed?

Old 12-29-2016, 12:21 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Lady Chablis died of pneumonia. Alexis Arquette was HIV positive. She died of cardiac arrest a few weeks after having been treated for a heart infection. Neither had anything to do with hormone treatment.

Here's what often happens due to the way transgendered people are treated:

Ohio transgender teen's mom: 'He was an amazing boy' - CNN.com

From the suicide note:

"'Please don't be sad, it's for the better. The life I would've lived isn't worth living in ... because I'm transgender,' the note said. 'I could go into detail explaining why I feel that way, but this note is probably going to be lengthy enough as it is. To put it simply, I feel like a girl trapped in a boy's body, and I've felt that way ever since I was 4. I never knew there was a word for that feeling, nor was it possible for a boy to become a girl, so I never told anyone and I just continued to do traditionally "boyish" things to try to fit in.'"

Cause of death: intolerance. She was fourteen years old, and her mother denied her gender identity even after she stepped in front of a train and died.

Which would be better for the child in the OP? To be told, "No, you cannot be a Boy Scout because you are a girl, not a boy" or, "Yes, you are welcome to join us?" Who would be harmed?

Almost half of transgendered people will attempt suicide at some point.

The Truth About Transgender Suicide | The Huffington Post

From an adult:

Transgender teacher in DeKalb County gives lesson in acceptance
Oh come on. Is it sad that the kid killed himself? Yes. But the cause of death was not "intolerance", it was his stepping out in front of a train. Plus, I do not see anything in the snippet of the suicide note that indicates he blamed his parents for anything.

Old 12-29-2016, 12:22 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
So your progressive utopia can proceed?
No, so you can't pollute society any more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies