Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2016, 01:57 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,911,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
Because if I have a boy in the BOY Scout troop, and a GIRL dressed as a boy attempts to join, I am going to go to the scoutmaster, the local council, the sponsoring organization, and all of the other parents and raise hell demanding that this is a group for boys and (real) boys only. She may be a very nice little girl, but she obviously has severe psychological issues and needs help outside of a group dedicated to boys. If the local Tranny Troops USA want to take her in, that's up to them as I have no dog in that fight.

"Everyone else" gets to have a say when a particular individual intrudes in an unwelcome or unacceptable manner. That's when it becomes everyone else's business.
I feel sad for you. There are so many better, real causes you can dedicate your time to rather than bullying a young child out of a program meant to foster friendships and teach important skills.

The world will never be okay for those who are a little different as long as people like you are around.

It's important to mention that transgenderism is very very rare, and probably will always be. The small number of kids who will be joining programs like this as transgender children won't dilute the pool, won't even make a small splash. People who take such issue with it need to get a life. There may even be transgender kids in gendered programs already for all we know - I'm sure there are somewhere, for something. And guess what? There's not a damn thing you can do about it. And I won't lie, that feels nice given your attitudes and posts here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2016, 02:11 PM

5,645 posts, read 5,061,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I'm well aware, you are not because you're the one who brought up ridiculous alternate pronouns like "ze" and "zher", even "they", as if it's related to this story. It's not. Don't backtrack now when you know you got mixed up.

Transgenderism and the idea that there are more than 2 genders one can identify as are not the same; at least not in this particular story.
So we agree that there are two, and only two genders. The disconnect seems to be in your belief that one can transition back and forth between the two despite the incontrovertible fact of one's biological underpinnings being the sole key as to which one belongs in.

To argue this is as absurd as the misconception of believing that there are many genders and one may be born somewhere in between or not associated with either.

Quote:
I'm so glad you get to determine who is a male and who is a female and that you have solved the transgender mystery, as a renowned scientist or doctor studying the subject. OH WAIT... you haven't, you're not, and you're just another person with an uneducated, un-researched opinion.
I have never made that decision. That is a fact. Humans, or any organism born with certain reproductive parts (e.g., testicles and a penis) is by definition male. Similarly, any human or other animal or organism born with ovaries and genitalia complementary to that of the male is by definition female. It's been that way since the first such differentiation took place untold millennia ago. It's true of all members of the animal kingdom, even insects.

Your use of the term 'mystery' sounds a lot like a religious zealot trying to rationalize why their all-powerful kind and loving god allows evil and misery. IOW, a cop out.

Last edited by Workin_Hard; 12-30-2016 at 02:30 PM..

Old 12-30-2016, 02:28 PM

20,103 posts, read 16,059,193 times
Quote:
What research do you have to back this up? Where is your proof that children that young cannot be transgender? Sounds like an opinion to me. Saying that children that young cannot be transgender implies that it is a decision or something else made or determined later in life - which would support the mental illness theory rather than a biological one, interesting...

Why should "everyone else" be able to NOT allow someone else's child to experience life how they wish? How is it everyone else's business? Since when does everyone else determine what an individual does? Do you want me to control YOUR life??
Do you really think I haven't looked into this?

Quote:
On the subject of treating children, however, as the World Professional Association for Transgender Health notes in their latest Standards of Care, gender dysphoria in childhood does not inevitably continue into adulthood, and only 6 to 23 percent of boys and 12 to 27 percent of girls treated in gender clinics showed persistence of their gender dysphoria into adulthood.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25231780
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18194003
Quote:
Gender variance in childhood is normal. Risks of a GI-Childhood diagnosis include: Stigmatizing children with a diagnostic label when there is no disorder45; diagnosis can become iatrogenic, instilling a sense in the child that “there is something wrong with me”; and a poor predictive value – 80% of children diagnosed with GID do not continue to have GID of adolescence or adulthood.
Report: Critique and Alternative Proposal to the “Gender Incongruence of Childhood” Category in ICD-11, GATE Civil Society Expert Working Group (www.transactivists.org, Buenos Aires, April 4-6, 2013
Since my word isn't good enough, from someone who does claim to be transgendered.
http://thefederalist.com/2015/01/09/...-need-to-know/

Old 12-30-2016, 02:37 PM

18,451 posts, read 9,081,447 times
People fear what they don't understand.

Old 12-30-2016, 02:44 PM

5,645 posts, read 5,061,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
People fear what they don't understand.
Or sometimes loathe what they do understand.

Old 12-30-2016, 02:47 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,681,570 times
About the only thing I have learned in here today is that one specific poster must have a degree in "Snippiness" or being a Snit.

Old 12-30-2016, 03:19 PM

736 posts, read 351,192 times
If you are born with male parts, you are male and can join the boys scout club.
If you are born with female parts, you are female and can join the girls scout club.

If you don't conform to the above, you are a social deviant and deserve to be outcast, shunned, and ignored. I would disown my own daughter or son and throw them out on the street when they turn 18 and never speak to them again for the rest of my life.

Old 12-30-2016, 04:43 PM

2,309 posts, read 894,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoLogic View Post
If you are born with male parts, you are male and can join the boys scout club.
If you are born with female parts, you are female and can join the girls scout club.

If you don't conform to the above, you are a social deviant and deserve to be outcast, shunned, and ignored. I would disown my own daughter or son and throw them out on the street when they turn 18 and never speak to them again for the rest of my life.
A little harsh but otherwise I agree.

Old 12-30-2016, 04:52 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,718,380 times
Quote:
Do you not see what side I'm on here? And can YOU explain it? Doubtful, because nobody can yet; not definitively.
All we know for sure is that gender dysphoria, like many mental illnesses, can be persistent and hard to treat. But there is hope for children who experience this. They can and do often "grow out of it". So it seems foolish and cruel for society to tell them that their confused identity is what they truly are and encourage them to persist in believing so. Of course those kids should be accepted and loved like other kids, but they shouldn't encouraged to believe their delusions are real.

Old 12-30-2016, 05:33 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,806,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Yes, it is re-arranging society to fit a small group of people. We have these rules for a reason, and shouldn't change them because an eight year old girl wants to be a boy. If there really is no reason for the rule, then change it for everyone - not just boys who think they are girls or vice versa. Let anyone join the scouts. Let anyone use any bathroom they want. That's the the only fair end answer here. But it won't be fair in all circumstances because - gasp - there are actual reasons for these rules as you will see in my baseball example below.

It doesn't matter if anyone is "fooled," the kid's gender or sex or whatever new term people make up this week is always the same. It's determined by whether you have a "y" chromosome - that's it. Letting boys who are biologically boys play on a girls' sports team, for example, does produce a negative impact because a boy - a biological boy - is typically more athletic than a biological girl, regardless of whether he wears a dress and a wig and has people fooled.
You are wrong about gender coming down to having a Y chromosome.

Try keeping up with the science.

Think gender comes down to X and Y chromosomes? Think again - The Globe and Mail

Quote:
biology doesn’t work that way. Biological phenomena don’t necessarily fit into human-ordained binary categories. So while humans insist that you’re either male or female – that you have either XY or XX sex chromosomes – biology begs to differ.
Quote:
genetic women (XX) with congenital adrenal hyperplasia produced unusually high levels of virilizing hormones in utero and develop stereotypically masculine sexual characteristics, including masculinized genitals.
Quote:
genetic men (XY) with complete androgen insensitivity syndrome don’t respond to male hormones and fail to develop masculine sexual characteristics. Most live their lives as women. Some historians suggest that Joan of Arc, Elizabeth I and Wallis Simpson all suffered from this syndrome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies