Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 06:16 PM

1,194 posts, read 726,641 times

Advertisements

the man is just a job building machine!!!
Donald Trump says Sprint will bring 5,000 jobs back to the U.S. | Miami Herald

Old 12-28-2016, 06:22 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,974,215 times
Can't wait to read more details and finding out the truth with trumps involvement if any.

Old 12-28-2016, 06:28 PM

29,824 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Can't wait to read more details and finding out the truth with trumps involvement if any.
He's about to become president, and usher in a new era of business friendly conditions, which will lead to economic and wage growth. Basically the opposite of communism, which is what the left is peddling. Sorry, dumb dumb crats had their chance. Instead of a booming economy, we have puny wage growth and below average GDP growth, which the left is all too happy to celebrate.

Now it's Trump's turn, and as we are finding out, businesses can't wait to create newer, better opportunities for disparaged US workers. That's something worth celebrating. Not more low paying Walmart/french fry jobs.

Old 12-28-2016, 06:37 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
the man is just a job building machine!!!
[url=http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article123409209.html]Donald Trump says Sprint will bring 5,000 jobs back to the U.S. | Miami Herald[/url]
Of course any new jobs are always welcome. But should Trump be getting the credit?

"The Sprint boss did not make clear whether the shift to U.S. employment was the result of talks with Trump or action it expected from the next presidential administration."

Also, let's wait to see the overall effect on jobs, wages, benefits and consumer prices, since we don't know what "deals" are being made. In any case, SoftBank has been working on this investment for years. If you go back to October articles, you can find many announcements that Sprint plans to create new jobs.

Even if Trump actually did help save/create the Carrier and Sprint jobs, it's just a drop in the bucket compared the the jobs that were created every month over the past 8 years.

Old 12-28-2016, 07:05 PM

34,062 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
, it's just a drop in the bucket compared the the jobs that were created every month over the past 8 years.

LOL. The Labor Force Participation Rate, prime working age years, is down several points uner Obama.

Old 12-28-2016, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
LOL. The Labor Force Participation Rate, prime working age years, is down several points uner Obama.
You're not looking at the whole picture, however, I'll post a link like [URL="https://www.thebalance.com/jobs-report-monthly-employment-growth-statistics-3305732"]this one[/URL] and you'll post another. So what's the point?

The thread is praising Trump for being an amazing job creator because of tweets by Trump, even though we do not have the details.

Still, even though the thread is about something that hasn't happened you come back to dispute my post and bring up an 8 year spread which included job losses from 2009, when we were still feeling the effects of the recession and housing crisis.

No one, Republican or Democrat, would be upset if more people get good jobs. However, every time Trump farts we get a tweet about it. "It's the greatest fart in history and it smells like money! Go Trump!" Trump has a very abnormal need for admiration which I find disturbing. I guess we'll be spending the next 4 years hearing Trump praise himself. In fact, if he tweets "I was behind the killing of Osama bin Laden" I'm sure one of his supporters will start a thread about it.

Old 12-28-2016, 07:48 PM

34,062 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
You're not looking at the whole picture, .

A shrinking rate , age 40-59 population= a bad economy

Old 12-28-2016, 07:53 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
He's about to become president, and usher in a new era of business friendly conditions, which will lead to economic and wage growth. Basically the opposite of communism, which is what the left is peddling. Sorry, dumb dumb crats had their chance. Instead of a booming economy, we have puny wage growth and below average GDP growth, which the left is all too happy to celebrate.

Now it's Trump's turn, and as we are finding out, businesses can't wait to create newer, better opportunities for disparaged US workers. That's something worth celebrating. Not more low paying Walmart/french fry jobs.
So you're also saying that conservatism is a failure too, right?

Old 12-28-2016, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
A shrinking rate , age 40-59 population= a bad economy

I'd have to go too far off topic to answer this, but you can't have it both ways. I mean, if you take the Carrier deal, for example, they're still moving about 1,100 jobs to Mexico. So saving 800 is actually a net loss of 300 jobs. But I don't see anyone posting "Trump hasn't even been inaugurated yet, but he just lost 300 jobs!"

I guess when the GOP refuses to give Obama any credit for saving the American auto industry (or anything else he accomplished) it's fruitless to even have a discussion about this subject.

Old 12-28-2016, 08:01 PM

1,008 posts, read 487,597 times
God Emperor Trump does not disappoint his faithful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies