Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 12:41 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Yes they are and these are just the unblocked ones.
They're not forced to perform. They can choose to violate their contract and lose their job. It's a choice THEY would be making.

Old 12-29-2016, 12:47 PM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They're not forced to perform. They can choose to violate their contract and lose their job. It's a choice THEY would be making.
Yes. You are correct. Their employer clearly said they have a choice. Naturally, they will suffer their employer's consequences. They know that. Just because they are good looking does not mean they are dimwitted.

I was responding to PedroM asking for some posts from this thread from those who think they should be forced to perform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I may have missed a post or two. Can you do full quotes?

Old 12-29-2016, 12:50 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,593,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Exactly.
I'm a woman in a male dominated field. I worked in clubs and diners to get through college. I had only sons and grandsons and mostly nephews so I been around plenty men and men stuff. Oh and I've watched TV and seen movies. People who think that most men don't joke about women, look at women's bodies or have never made inappropriate remarks are in denial. Women do those things to. Its pretty much human nature and most people are taught to hide it from the general public and not to do/say those things in mixed company.
Trump may still be working on that public discretion but he is no different than the majority of men in that respect.
Quote:
Same here.
Quote:
have never made inappropriate remarks are in denial.
People are not in denial that it happens. People are saying that, it is not okay with them that it happens. Others are saying, because it happens that makes it okay and they don't disapprove, while in the end what is being denied is respect.

Old 12-29-2016, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
People are not in denial that it happens. People are saying that, it is not okay with them that it happens. Others are saying, because it happens that makes it okay and they don't disapprove, while in the end what is being denied is respect.
I don't disagree that men make lewd remarks and behave inappropriately when they think they can get away with it. Happens all the time.

But that doesn't make disrespecting women okay with some of us.

Others are just fine with it.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 12-29-2016 at 01:03 PM..

Old 12-29-2016, 12:56 PM

Quote:
I don't disagree that men make lewd remarks and behave inappropriately when they think they can get away with it. Happens all the time.

But that doesn't make disrespecting women okay with them.
What did they just do when they did it?

Old 12-29-2016, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
People are not in denial that it happens. People are saying that, it is not okay with them that it happens.
What do those "supposed" people do to try to stop it? Are there language restrictions that actually have any consequences in men's locker rooms? Etc.? Do tell...

Old 12-29-2016, 01:03 PM

Can we get back to the fat shaming discrimination? Why won't the Rockettes accept overweight women as members? And why is the fact that they won't OK with liberals/lefties/Dems?

Old 12-29-2016, 01:04 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Yes they are and these are just the unblocked ones.
Only Stickitinyourear's post is a "force" the rest are not.

Old 12-29-2016, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Can we get back to the fat shaming discrimination? Why won't the Rockettes accept overweight women as members? And why is the fact that they won't OK with liberals/lefties/Dems?
Who said liberals/lefties/Dems are okay with fat shaming?

Old 12-29-2016, 01:06 PM

Quote:
What do those "supposed" people do to try to stop it? Are there language restrictions that actually have any consequences in men's locker rooms? Etc.? Do tell...
It would be nice if they would stop on their own, but nope, laws are being put into play to stop unwanted, demeaning behaviors of men towards women and all things being equal, I'm sure women will get their law too .... (there's one that I saw briefly that fits closer to home, but this link will work for now)

6 countries that are fighting back against catcalling | Complex
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies