Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 05:44 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,371,187 times

Advertisements

I can point to just as many fault lines on the right. And right now, you got it all, now they have to deliver. Should be fun.

Anyways, no one is going anywhere. Thats wishful thinking. The Democrats are watching whats coming, and looking forward to being the ones throwing rocks, instead of being on the receiving end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2016, 05:52 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
.... The Democrats are watching whats coming, and looking forward to being the ones throwing rocks, instead of being on the receiving end.
I don't think so.

10 Democrat senators are up for re-election in 2018 in states that Donald Trump took. This after their devastating losses in 2014 and their failure to win back the Senate in 2016 despite all predictions, and 100s of millions spent.

There is absolutely no chance they will make any gains in the US House.

It's gonna be brutal for the Democrats in the next 4 years and now they face a President who isn't afraid of them, his own party nor the MSM. IMO, they will be hiding instead of throwing rocks.

Last edited by WaldoKitty; 12-30-2016 at 06:24 AM..

Old 12-30-2016, 06:00 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I can point to just as many fault lines on the right. And right now, you got it all, now they have to deliver. Should be fun.

Anyways, no one is going anywhere. Thats wishful thinking. The Democrats are watching whats coming, and looking forward to being the ones throwing rocks, instead of being on the receiving end.
Exactly, the {D}s will re- convince the people that they are for them as they rail against {R}s, the rich, corporations and the banks. And then the country will swing left and then swing right and back again, etc. ad nausem. It is all in the democracy play book.

Old 12-30-2016, 06:15 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
When Obama first got elected in 2008, I consoled other Republicans that we had a secret weapon that couldn't fail us -- the Democrats.

I thought it would take only 4 years for that weapon to be effective. Well, it took eight.

Better late than never.

Old 12-30-2016, 07:02 AM

1,008 posts, read 487,439 times
Time for Dems to make a decision.

1)They could do some painful introspection and reanalysis.

2) just blame RUSSIANS!!!!!!

Aaaaand right out of the gate they chose #2.

I consider the Democrat party an organized crime ring masquerading as a political party so I hope they do die off. It'd be best for America to be free of the Democrat tumor.

Old 12-30-2016, 07:35 AM

3,304 posts, read 2,172,697 times
The Republicans still have a lot of purging to do as well. Republicans got rid of many of their corrupt politicians in the past two mid-terms, but there are still neo-con holdouts like John McCain and Lindsey Graham that need to go. I'd hate to see a complete implosion of the Democrat Party, because they provide a necessary contrast to push the Republicans in the opposite direction.

Old 12-30-2016, 07:57 AM

1,008 posts, read 487,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
The Republicans still have a lot of purging to do as well. Republicans got rid of many of their corrupt politicians in the past two mid-terms, but there are still neo-con holdouts like John McCain and Lindsey Graham that need to go. I'd hate to see a complete implosion of the Democrat Party, because they provide a necessary contrast to push the Republicans in the opposite direction.
Like a Discworld zombie I suspect those two when God finally smites them down they will simply crawl out of their graves, shamble into the Senate, and resume making us suffer as if nothing happened.

They will not go away.

Old 12-30-2016, 08:20 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
So...there will be one political party that rules the country like a monarchy,.
Monarchy? Maybe you should look up what words mean before you post them. In spite of what liberals try, words DO actually have meaning.

Old 12-30-2016, 08:29 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Monarchy? Maybe you should look up what words mean before you post them. In spite of what liberals try, words DO actually have meaning.
I'm well aware of the definition of a monarchy and it well applies here. The entire thread is based on the premise that Democrats will be gone and a single party will be in power with Trump as benevolent ruler.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/monarchy

Old 12-31-2016, 12:16 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
You're right. I can't think of many Republicans in Congress that are any good in senior and leadership positions.

McCain, Graham, McConnell, Ryan and McCarthy need to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies