Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 07:46 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Actually, I am fine with Mormons. Grew up around Mormons. Have Mormon neighbors. That's how I found out about the petition.
And have you told your Mormon neighbors that you now are going to "put them in the same basket with the KKK"?

Old 12-30-2016, 07:58 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I read this... posted my response on my on and off blog.

Before I begin discussing this… this is not a political opinion. I am looking at our behavior and how we respond to circumstances.

So where do we go with this? She resigns because Trump’s morality is too heavy for her to bear.

Let me say that the only difference between Trump and you or me, is that he ran for president and had his dirty laundry aired out for all to see. If all of our lives were laid bare for all to see, nobody would do anything for anybody – based on the response from the woman in the church. Trump just talked. Many people root for sports teams with people that have committed actual crimes to others. Many people support politicians who have committed crimes, or cheated on their taxes.

Let’s bring another aspect to the table. She is a member of a church choir. So I assume she is a church member. She indicated that she prayed about it to God. What I see is a missed opportunity for a testimony. Because if there is anyone fit to turn His back on sinful people, it’s God. Yet He sent His Son to die for people who continually offend Him through sinful behavior.

Why not take this approach?
I am appalled at the morality that Trump displayed, but just as God forgave me for the things I did, He can forgive Trump for the things he said as well. So while I do not support what Trump said, I will sing to glorify God with the hope that Mr. Trump or anyone else will come to a relationship with God through faith in His Son.
Okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
The funniest thing is all the evangelicals that supported Trump. It sounds like this girl is at least an evangelical that is true to her beliefs.
Her beliefs include forgiveness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Interesting. My history classes were total BS. I was taught that Hitler was responsible for the death of millions, but apparently Hitler didn't murder millions but only proposed a wall were to be built and he opposed some trade deals.

I'm glad people like this guy are setting history straight.
That's amusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
My guess is that she just wanted her 15-minute of fame.
Probably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I did not vote for Trump but the hysteria and paranoia he has produced on the left almost makes me wish I had. The left is truly insane.
Me, too.

Old 12-30-2016, 08:01 PM

30,356 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Nope, don't even try to put the Trumpee's usual spin on this. She could care less about attention, she is simply standing up for her beliefs and she has that absolute right. Nice to see someone with the courage and integrity to say "NO!".

Do you on the right actually think these thousands and thousands of people (maybe millions) who are not accepting Trump are doing it for any reason other than they see a man they can not accept ? Have you ever seen such a ground swell of discord in any election ? The answer is no. Why do you think this is happening ? Could it just possibly be that we see something not right that has us deeply concerned ?

You guys can paint it any way you want, but this Presidency is not going to go well at all. If you think all of this will smooth over after Jan 20, you are in for a surprise.
It's all about attention....she voted for Trump but now gets the opportunity to get the left wing controlled media and Hollywood in her corner....good move.

Old 12-30-2016, 08:02 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Why so upset because a singer doesn't want to perform for Trump?
Because according to House Bill S10, making comparisons to Hitler and trivializing Hitler or the Holocaust is a form of anti-semitism.

The full text of the bill can be found here:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-...ll/10/text?r=1

Old 12-30-2016, 08:03 PM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome1 View Post
My thoughts exactly...American liberals love throwing the, "Hitler Card" out there when they have nothing left to say. It's actually a real slap in the face to those that had to endure Hitler's policies of torture, murder, starvation, etc. Millions lost their lives, loves, families, and country. Comparing Trump to Hitler is beyond stupid and ignorant, it's a complete lie. It's also very hurtful to those of us with family who did suffer under Hitler. Trump may be a lot of things, but being Hitler is not one of them...
Such comparisons show they don't know much about either Hitler or Trump.

Old 12-30-2016, 08:04 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
And have you told your Mormon neighbors that you now are going to "put them in the same basket with the KKK"?
Do you honestly not understand what I'm explaining?

Old 12-30-2016, 08:04 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,185,086 times
Who gives a sh*t about the Mormon Choir.

Old 12-30-2016, 08:06 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Because according to House Bill S10, making comparisons to Hitler and trivializing Hitler or the Holocaust is a form of anti-semitism.

The full text of the bill can be found here:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-...ll/10/text?r=1
Yeah...that's not a law. This girl is just saying she doesn't want to perform at Trump's inauguration.

Old 12-30-2016, 08:12 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Do you honestly not understand what I'm explaining?
Evidently not. And you apparently don't understand what I've been saying either.

Old 12-30-2016, 08:14 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,266,686 times
The Mormon Choir is a 360 member choir.....1 quits because she thinks she is better than anybody or because he punani still hurts since election night and this is national news?......the choir already has her replacement......she ain't the lead vocals of a band...she is just 1 member of a choir out of 360 singers....who is going to miss her?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies