Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 09:50 PM

1,666 posts, read 1,017,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
These are facts. Nothing more and nothing less.

It's not any other religion (that has such a large group of radicals that are well-funded) doing these things to others or their own & in a civilized country.

Absolutely. People are morons, but most Western DV cases don't use "religion" or have a clause from the Quran ingratiated in the defense. So they can claim "religion made me do it & I'm so stupid I didn't know right from wrong when I ran my daughter over with my car".

More well educated? Ok. If you say so.

Like the San Bernadino woman & her husband who "jihaded" their kid in to being parentless about a year ago?

Like I said, you never know.
Did you read the part about commit less crimes? That includes violent ones. The statement "You never know" is true of anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2016, 09:55 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Seriously? You read this thread, checked into it yourself and still think this is a legitimate story?
I think it may be legitimate, yes. Why is that so hard to believe?

The Muslim Times covered this, addressed her remarks and denounced them. Why would they do that with a fake story?

https://themuslimtimes.info/2016/02/...omment-page-1/

Old 12-30-2016, 09:56 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,804,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
Did you read the part about commit less crimes? That includes violent ones. The statement "You never know" is true of anyone.
Yes, like this Republican congressman arrested for beating his wife and pointing a gun at her in front of their kids. Before this he was best known as a Confederate flag defender.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...ence/96022914/

Old 12-30-2016, 09:57 PM

Quote:
You should probably find out. That mass assaults on women in Cologne and other German cities one year ago were a defining event of this era.
I don't know how it applies to this thread. The speaker on YouTube did *not* condone rape of western women. Nor does Islam.

Similarly I know Muslims whom drink and have girlfriends. That does not mean those activities are permissible in Islam.

Old 12-30-2016, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Yes, like this Republican congressman arrested for beating his wife and pointing a gun at her in front of their kids. Before this he was best known as a Confederate flag defender.

Kids scream 'just stop daddy' in 911 call from lawmaker's home
There you go. It's people that instinctually have an "Us versus Them" mentality that can't seem to make this distinction. Various minority groups throughout history have fell victim to this and each time somehow the new one is "special", "different", "this time we've got the real evil ones"!

Old 12-30-2016, 10:05 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post

The Muslim Times covered this, addressed her remarks and denounced them. Why would they do that with a fake story?

Did you watch the video of her remarks posted on the first page? Yes, she said Islam justifies the taking of sex slaves in war. No, she did not say anything similar to what is alleged in the thread title.

Old 12-30-2016, 10:07 PM

Quote:

The Muslim times is run by non-Arabic speakers born in the West and they are very liberal. They didn't like her tone and probably inferred what she said just like the Fake News article did in to wild scenarios.

It's as if I told you that "I'm going to go eat a ton!" And you write a story saying, "Man from city data steals 2000 lbs. of food to satisfy his obesity through forced eating." You took a statement and ran to wild conclusions with no evidence.

Old 12-30-2016, 10:09 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
I don't know how it applies to this thread. The speaker on YouTube did *not* condone rape of western women. Nor does Islam.

Similarly I know Muslims whom drink and have girlfriends. That does not mean those activities are permissible in Islam.
It doesn't, but if your goal is to build understanding and explain Islam-related issues to people here, it seems foolish for you to trivialize it the way you did.

Old 12-30-2016, 10:11 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,627,628 times
Quote:

Did you read the thread title and the OP? According to the thread title, the OP, and the linked news story, this professor is specifically calling for Muslim refugees in the United States to rape American women for Allah. You got me so far? You with me? You got it so far, right?

OK. That is a LIE. The news story you yourself linked shows that this is a LIE. Your own source proves our point.

What part of this do you not get?

Old 12-30-2016, 10:14 PM

Quote:
It doesn't, but if your goal is to build understanding and explain Islam-related issues to people here, it seems foolish for you to trivialize it the way you did.
Trivialize rape? Never. A rapist in the old Islamic world carried the punishment of death by stoning. Islam takes that crime very seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies