Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2016, 10:07 AM

1,967 posts, read 1,307,371 times

Advertisements

“Bigotry Didn’t Elect Trump”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/26/op...rump.html?_r=0
or
Sorry, Liberals. Bigotry Didn

I did not vote for Clinton and I would not vote for Trump. I have not left the Democratic Party; the Democratic Party has departed from its populist agenda.

There’s little I would or could attempt to add to this David Kuhn’s opinion published by the NY Times.

Old 12-31-2016, 03:27 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,661,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supposn View Post
“Bigotry Didn’t Elect Trump”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/26/op...rump.html?_r=0
or
Sorry, Liberals. Bigotry Didn

I did not vote for Clinton and I would not vote for Trump. I have not left the Democratic Party; the Democratic Party has departed from its populist agenda.

There’s little I would or could attempt to add to this David Kuhn’s opinion published by the NY Times.

Yeah it did and no opinion piece is going to change that fact that Trump ran on hate and won.

Old 12-31-2016, 04:35 PM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Yeah it did and no opinion piece is going to change that fact that Trump ran on hate and won.
Exactly.

He rarely said Clinton's name without putting "crooked" in front of it. Though as far as I am aware, he's the only one with thousands of lawsuits over cheating people out of what he owes them.

He stood there and grinned while his fans chanted, "Lock her up." For what? She wasn't facing any charges.

He fanned hatred of Obama for years with that birther nonsense.

Look at the things he said about Muslims, Mexicans, Gold Star parents...

Look at his New Year's tweet.

Look at the hateful things his followers post on this forum.

And still post.

I'm just waiting for the post about how Clinton called them Deplorables.

If the shoe fits.

Old 12-31-2016, 05:52 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Bigotry did help elect Trump.

Elitist Democrats bashed hard working Americans as backwards rubes without any legitimate concerns.

Old 12-31-2016, 06:36 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,902,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Bigotry did help elect Trump.

Elitist Democrats bashed hard working Americans as backwards rubes without any legitimate concerns.
And they've illegitimately punished them with their economic voodoo witch doctoring, while promoting unsustainable bubbles and racking up debt. Democrats have no business running a lemonade stand, let alone a country. Democrats have been bad for America, and bad for the working class American. Hitlary would have been more of the same, but Americans had enough.

Old 12-31-2016, 06:52 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
Bigotry did vote against Trump as much or more than it voted for him. Stupidity almost got Hillary elected.

Old 12-31-2016, 07:27 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,542 times
I don't think anyone denies that Trump's remarks please a lot of racists. But many who voted for him did so because they felt he was the better option. Rather or not his message was truly genuine or not, he at least addressed the fact that many Americans feel that Washington is entirely disinterested in their daily struggles. Bernie Sanders ran on the same thing, and it's been well reported that many of his supporters really couldn't be bothered to vote for Clinton.

As this article stated: many voted in spite of his childish attitude, not because of it.

Just for fun, I'd like to point out that the people who just say "fake news" on repeat don't seem to be showing up to invalidate the NYTs on this one. Weird. It's almost as if it's only fake when it disagrees with you... Not that this comes as a surprise to me, but it's an easy example and I'd like to try and make a few of them think about what they say for a change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies