Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 11:17 AM

29,544 posts, read 9,710,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogburn View Post
I went to MCRD in San Diego. Beautiful city.

Much later I got stationed in Norfolk, Virginia which has a smaller population than Milwaukee and Norfolk has the largest military naval base on all of planet Earth. Still, plenty of poor people in Norfolk and no where near as rich a city.

After MCRD while going through the School of Infantry at Camp Pendleton, I traveled to San Diego while on libo. Never have I seen so many limos in a downtown in my life.

San Diego is one of the United States greatest cities. That may or may not have anything to do with Republicans.

LA is a trash can of a city populated by urban hillbillies. They are the urban equivalents of rural Appalachia. Elitest Democrats, walking around like they're the Queens and Kings of England, with their over priced sunglasses, dismiss the homeless as well as the poor raised in broken, dysfunctional homes as "hood rats," all the while the black Democrats work with the CIA to spread the Crips gang and gospel of salvation through murder and mayhem, around the rest of the black diaspora. One day the CIA will come to black Democrats and persuade them send black Crips into up and coming black African countries on a "cultural exchange program."
By chance do you work for the Los Angeles visitor information center?

I don't know if your description is related to downtown L.A. proper or what is generally referred to as the L.A. Basin, but I grew up in what is also usually just described as L.A., and though I don't live there any more (left for "greener pastures"), I still have friends and family who live there and mostly happy to be doing so. All to say, much of how one can enjoy L.A. (or not), depends on what part of L.A. you are in and whether you need to do much driving. If you have to travel very far in L.A. on a regular basis, you're stuck in traffic on a regular basis, which just adds to the other negatives L.A. provides.

There are, however, a good many positives. Especially if you are lucky enough to live closer to the beaches rather than inland. I've never had much encounter with the likes of the Crips, and it's been a long while since I've even heard them mentioned, but I didn't grow up in Compton...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2017, 11:38 AM

10,225 posts, read 7,579,494 times
Methinks you think the mayor has more power than he does.

It's a California (Democratic) city that was in a country with a Democratic administration.

THE CURRENT MAYOR BECAME MAYOR ONLY IN 2014. Whatever you think SD's mayor has done well was apparently done BEFORE the current mayor. The mayor immediately preceding the current mayor was mainly Democratic, with one Republican.

Old 01-04-2017, 11:59 AM

73,005 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
It has more to do with demographics than politics. San Diego has a very small black population. That explains a lot of it. The city has had Democratic mayors in the past, and the index of social problems has been the same. Also, the city of San Diego has a lot more registered Democrats than Republicans. Even the county as a whole has slightly more registered Democrats than Republicans, last time I checked.
If the Black population is an issue, what do you suggest be done?

Old 01-05-2017, 11:32 AM

29,544 posts, read 9,710,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If the Black population is an issue, what do you suggest be done?
Good question for which there are no easy answers, many that have been tried already with some positive results but still far from solving these problems altogether. At a minimum, we need to consider what the source of these problems are beyond -- or instead of -- just the concentration of black folks. Like maybe consider the sources of these problems more in terms of poverty, lack of education, training and opportunity. Or if the problems are a function of people who have different DNA and skin color, then we need to figure out what the problem is with that DNA...

My opinion, the focus needs to be on the former, not the latter, because the differences in DNA are NOT the problem no matter what people with racist inclinations might want to believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies