Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 03:22 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,674,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
No it's not, making modest adjustments to make it better is the right thing to do. The Repubs have nothing to replace it with except empty slogans and rhetoric. This is beyond shameful but i assume you have health care - right?

This stupidity is going to cause some people to die - does that make you happy?
Wait until his followers find out, since it appears Medicare and Medicaid will be altered too and many of his supporters are likely on Medicaid. (I remember back when Romney had discussed having vouchers for Medicare, which is something that has been mentioned again). They need to leave well enough alone, although yes, maybe making adjustments to the Affordable Care. Obviously, there is still a problem with affordability.

Healthcare has been a big issue for many years, before Obama had done anything. It was always discussed, with suggested changes, which there have always been problems with. Apparently it is very complicated dealing with and settling things with medical professionals and drug companies and getting everyone to be in agreement to put it into effect. People act as if one has the power to wave a magic wand (just as they believe this dufus will create better jobs and lives for them.. what, because he is rich?) Actually, is a cheap, tax-evading cheat who wouldn't pay some for work done, who had businesses fail, had his businesses sent to other countries, had bankruptcies and now, many lawsuits still pending). Besides the fact that lacking in character and being insensitive and self-serving, he is hardly thinking of others, even if he pretended to do so to land a positon of authority and adulation.

Yeah, he's going to be so helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2017, 03:41 AM

11,782 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Quote:
I'll match my education and reading comprehension with yours any day of the week. My point was that the all the rich people attending Donny's little NY Eve bash have the best health care on the planet owing to their wealth and privilege.

Also ACA is better than the Trump plan which is NO CARE when ACA goes away.

Health care should be considered a right for ALL and if the knuckle draggers called repubs and maybe you would get the hell out of the way we would have it like most other major industrialized countries in the world.
Your displeasure with Trump and his rich friends is funny considering that the people who put the ACA in place are hardly low or middle class - many are millionaires and besides that - they didn't even have to participate in the ACA which has been shoved down everyone else's throat. The dems literally skewed us!

Old 01-03-2017, 03:51 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,674,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I'd bet you NEVER called Hillary, Pelosi, Fienstein or any other rich dem "rich girls" or "rich boys"....

I wonder why?

Are you jealous of how rich he has become through hard work and making good business decisions?
Lol.. are you kidding?? Wow. This is the fantasy some want to believe. When did he work hard?? Good business decisions? His father gave him millions to begin with, he's had businesses fold, bankruptcies, cheated others out of pay, holds tightly onto money, doesn't pay taxes, regularly sues others, is not generous or charitable, is truly disliked. Yeah, what a guy to admire... or have lead a country.

Old 01-03-2017, 08:29 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
As I said adjustments could be made to Ocare but repubs because of their hatred for him and his policies just want it to go away and replace it with nothing! People will die - happy now?
Quit being a baby, this is not what is happening!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
In many cases we are bringing in the poor because we bombed the hell out of their cities. I have condemned that many times.
Or was this the plan all along?

Old 01-03-2017, 08:32 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Or was this the plan all along?
Either way those responsible should rot in hell.

Old 01-03-2017, 08:57 AM

23,559 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Quote:
No it's not, making modest adjustments to make it better is the right thing to do. The Repubs have nothing to replace it with except empty slogans and rhetoric. This is beyond shameful but i assume you have health care - right?

This stupidity is going to cause some people to die - does that make you happy?
So the 2000 plus pages of the ppaca, which the dems who passed it, never read, just needs a few tweaks??????????

The ppaca is for more than healthcare insurance and needs to be killed as it is a trojan horse that introduces the government into places the government should not tread.

It contains some elements which any healthcare proposal would contain, so keeping parts of it does not qualify as retaining and modifying it.

the ppaca has done far more than to dismantle the good parts of the previous state of healthcare, closing hospitals, forcing doctors to retire and limiting the patient /doctor relationship where the patient chsooses a doc they feel comfortable with; a critical element in healthcare. Instead the patient gets handed off to a line of docs, nurses, PAs, etc., they never see again and have no relationship with. The lement of faith and trust critical to cure and mitigation of health issues is lost.

The ppaca was based on lies and now you can see the results of building anything on a foundation of lies.

The ppaca was both a predictable failure and caused the resultant destruction of the patient /doctor relationship....aside from being unaffordable, the deductible and initial costs being unbearable. subsidies unsustainable.

Old 01-03-2017, 09:06 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
People who didn't? Had BAD insurance. They relied on US to cover them if it got really expensive.
^^^^^ From Obama's mouth to your ears to your fingers

My deductible has almost tripled. Same with my premium.

Old 01-03-2017, 09:11 AM

1,816 posts, read 1,150,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
So the 2000 plus pages of the ppaca, which the dems who passed it, never read, just needs a few tweaks??????????

The ppaca is for more than healthcare insurance and needs to be killed as it is a trojan horse that introduces the government into places the government should not tread.

It contains some elements which any healthcare proposal would contain, so keeping parts of it does not qualify as retaining and modifying it.

the ppaca has done far more than to dismantle the good parts of the previous state of healthcare, closing hospitals, forcing doctors to retire and limiting the patient /doctor relationship where the patient chsooses a doc they feel comfortable with; a critical element in healthcare. Instead the patient gets handed off to a line of docs, nurses, PAs, etc., they never see again and have no relationship with. The lement of faith and trust critical to cure and mitigation of health issues is lost.

The ppaca was based on lies and now you can see the results of building anything on a foundation of lies.

The ppaca was both a predictable failure and caused the resultant destruction of the patient /doctor relationship....aside from being unaffordable, the deductible and initial costs being unbearable. subsidies unsustainable.
Blah Blah Blah - typical repub talking points. Get back to me when you can give me a replacement plan that is as good or better than Obamacare - until then please be quiet.

Old 01-03-2017, 09:58 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Blah Blah Blah - typical repub talking points. Get back to me when you can give me a replacement plan that is as good or better than Obamacare - until then please be quiet.
And don't offer remove selling beyond state lines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies