Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 01:57 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,255,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
First off, I want to thank California for all the cute phone apps and search engines. It is nice to utilize all these Californians innovations for free or just having to see a advertising video.

I love how liberal California Democrats like to go on and on like a broken record about the amount of households that make over $1,000,000 a year compared to the deplorable people in small cities in flyover states.

They harp on things like venture capital per-capita for the innovations, high net-worth households, neighborhoods with the most Michelin restaurants.

California elite liberals also like to frown down on people who cook fresh, home cooked meals from scratch as opposed to eating at Michelin-rated restaurants from celebrity chef's.

If California innovation is amazing how come the state has so many more social problems and annoyances as opposed to states like Wyoming, Nebraska, Kansas and North Dakota.

Despite all this incredible California innovation it is interesting how the state has 11 hospitals that have one-star ratings compared to fly-over states like Kansas and Nebraska that don't have any low quality hospitals.

I also wonder why despite all the innovation that Los Angeles is the nation's homeless leader.

With all the California liberal innovation, I wonder why a city like San Francisco has poop maps for analyzing the poop in the street.

Poop map shows scale of San Francisco's human tragedy
A.K.A. "I can't afford to live in a place as nice as California so I'll just talk trash about it and pretend that I really love my own lifeless flyover state."

Yeah...I think I translated the OP's post properly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2017, 02:03 PM

36,666 posts, read 67,617,460 times
haha@all the hillbilly envy...and if youre not a hillbilly and/or envious than the following read is not directed at you:

All your states do is talk sh*t but you cant do sh*t.

Just st.fu and keep on drinking our damn wine, eating our damn produce, watching our movies, listening to our music, spending 18 hours a day on our social media, looking things up on our search engines, talking on our damn phones, and get ready to drive our damn driverless cars that are forthcoming-etc etc etc. California is at the forefront of the world economy and home to trillions of dollars of investment capital and unparalleled intellectual and creative capital.

All of that burns you up inside because it shreds red state rhetoric to bits and demonstrates that the most entreprenureal and capitalist state is actually deep BLUE.

I JUST LOVE HOW THAT MUST IRK HATERS.

#youwillNEVERbeatCA

Old 01-02-2017, 02:04 PM

5 posts, read 2,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso_Castillo View Post
California is the largest producer of Fresh veggies as well, the largest producer of Wine, of Nuts, Almonds, Avocado, Olives, etc. the Cold weather of the other states is not the rule of Californias weather. Homeless fly from frozen temperatures all over the rest of the US to California, and though Florida is also warm, it is in fact hot as hell and you also need Air conditioning while in California You can survive without it.

Perhaps your contempt with California is that it is not only the richest state of the Unión but that it is almost entirely Bilingual, English/Español and from a WASP visión that is inacceptable.
Love it!

Folks, the homeless sit around and say to themselves, "Man, I just hate air conditioning." Then call United and use their points to fly to CA...

Love it...

Good thing it's not because the people living in CA have increasing no employment prospects and many of them fall straight to the bottom of welfare dependence. Good thing that's not the case at all..

Old 01-02-2017, 02:05 PM

5 posts, read 2,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
haha@all the hillbilly envy...and if youre not a hillbilly and/or envious than the following read is not directed at you:

All your states do is talk sh*t but you cant do sh*t.

Just st.fu and keep on drinking our damn wine, eating our damn produce, watching our movies, listening to our music, spending 18 hours a day on our social media, looking things up on our search engines, talking on our damn phones, and get ready to drive our damn driverless cars that are forthcoming-etc etc etc. California is at the forefront of the world economy and home to trillions of dollars of investment capital and unparalleled intellectual and creative capital.

All of that burns you up inside because it shreds red state rhetoric to bits and demonstrates that the most entreprenureal and capitalist state is actually deep BLUE.

I JUST LOVE HOW THAT MUST IRK HATERS.

#youwillNEVERbeatCA
Just preserving so when the bail out comes, we know the type of person getting the cash. Or not..

Old 01-02-2017, 02:12 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,908,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
A main source of California's problems have been caused by the millions of uneducated rednecks from backward states that have swarmed in, over the past 85 years, hoping to partake of the good life. Oregon and Washington have also suffered from this influx. In my hometown today, no more than a small percentage were born here. And they've brought all their corruption, drug-abuse and criminal habits along with them. They seem to want to escape from the mess they've made of their homelands, yet they are intent on doing the same thing to ours, after they get here.

If we are able to form our own republic here in The Pacific States of America, there should be no immigration and those who have come in the past 20 years, should be booted.
This is a lie.

CA used to be (other than the major city armpits) predominately Conservative (ie the state was red with major cities being blue). Many of these towns were normal filled with average working folk, and the only "liberals" you would find would be in a university town (and even then, used to only be during the season).

Now, all those towns have suffered the influx of the city folk who sold their mult-million dollar one bedroom crap hole apartments for a lotto and moved out to these smaller towns buying up property like it was a fire sale. Those city folk turned those smaller towns into cesspools filled with pretentious busy bodies who over pay, and over intrude into everyones lives because they couldn't seem to stand the smell of the cities they left, but then felt they needed to stink up the smaller towns with their same policies.

CA suffers from city folk craping in their own homes till they can no longer stand the smell and then flooding to the smaller towns to repeat. This caused many to exit the state for other states who do not urinate on their businesses and treat their rural town people as if they are subjects to serve the most worthy cities.

The above posters description is actually the complete opposite of reality. They are the invaders, they ruined northern CA (no, San Fran is not northern CA) and they ruined Oregon and Washington.

Make no mistake, those three states are now cesspools of progressives craping where they live and running everything they touch.

It really is a shame though, CA/Oregon/Washington has very nice weather. Other than that, the states could fall off into the ocean and the IQ of the US would rise by over 50%.

Old 01-02-2017, 02:14 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,205,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
A.K.A. "I can't afford to live in a place as nice as California so I'll just talk trash about it and pretend that I really love my own lifeless flyover state."

Yeah...I think I translated the OP's post properly.
You nailed it!

Old 01-02-2017, 02:16 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,796,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
First off, I want to thank California for all the cute phone apps and search engines.
Nice sentiment, but misguided. You should thank them instead for carrying way more than their share of the federal tax burden that allows those of you in red state backwaters to have nice things.

Old 01-02-2017, 02:18 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,874,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Do you live in an area with no problems?

Please tell us where that is, so we can all move there.

And it's obvious that most people in SF would choose SF's problems over, say, Flint's.
Flint and San Francisco both have issues because they are run by extremely liberal Democrats.

Gilbert is an exceptional world-class city. Sadly, Gilbert is in close proximity to some areas full of riff-raff like Mesa, Tempe and Phoenix. I think the elected officials of Gilbert should be proud that despite being close to such bad influences that they run the city so well.

Gilbert also has strong home owner associations and neighborhoods groups that report liberal bad influences to the police.

Thanks to the conservative voters of Gilbert and Scottsdale, Arizona went for a Republican and giving more electoral votes to Trump and not an pretentious, elitest liberal. Gilbert and Scottsdale went Republican in November because they see the low quality of life and negative influences of liberal Phoenix and liberal Tempe.

Scottsdale also has virtually no problems because it has a conservative, Republican mayor. This in contrast, to Phoenix which has a Democratic mayor that is the postcard of social problems.

Gilbert is perhaps the best run town of 250,000 people in North America. Violent Crime rate is 80% below the national average and it only had 2 homicides in 2015.

I love all the inexpensive big-box retailers with low-profit margins in Gilbert that save me money as opposed to high-profit margin "specialty" stores in urban areas.

San Bernadino in ultra-liberal California had 62 homicides and has far less people then Gilbert. San Bernadino of course is a city that was bankrupted by liberal leadership.

Last edited by lovecrowds; 01-02-2017 at 02:27 PM..

Old 01-02-2017, 02:23 PM

1,302 posts, read 685,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eopwlslsl View Post
Love it!

Folks, the homeless sit around and say to themselves, "Man, I just hate air conditioning." Then call United and use their points to fly to CA...

Love it...

Good thing it's not because the people living in CA have increasing no employment prospects and many of them fall straight to the bottom of welfare dependence. Good thing that's not the case at all..
They Sit around and Say :

"Man, I can't afford Air conditioning, not heating"
"Hey man we should move to California there you dont need neither Cooling nor Heating"

Somehow poor Californians use Less Food Stamps than richer Midwest and south rednecks

Source: Food Stamp Use, by State

Old 01-02-2017, 02:26 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,796,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
A main source of California's problems have been caused by the millions of uneducated rednecks from backward states that have swarmed in, over the past 85 years, hoping to partake of the good life. Oregon and Washington have also suffered from this influx. In my hometown today, no more than a small percentage were born here. And they've brought all their corruption, drug-abuse and criminal habits along with them. They seem to want to escape from the mess they've made of their homelands, yet they are intent on doing the same thing to ours, after they get here.

If we are able to form our own republic here in The Pacific States of America, there should be no immigration and those who have come in the past 20 years, should be booted.
Same problem with Alaska, especially after Sarah Palin managed to get on the national stage eight years ago. Parts of it were already bad enough, but they flocked up in droves and brought the worst of their culture with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies