Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2017, 07:24 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times

Advertisements

Lol... liberals says "save me"... you don't know it but your party is already dead...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2017, 07:32 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,455,464 times
A lot of Trump's base only have health insurance through Obamacare. These folks who voted against their own self interests are in for a BIG surprise. Case in point is Clay County, Kentucky where 87% voted for Trump.

Old 01-03-2017, 07:33 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert137 View Post
I think there's a pretty wide consensus--Trump included--that this and children's coverage to age 26 will remain. There's clearly going to be a transition period to something else, after Obamacare is "repealed".
Without the mandate, you can't pay for pre-existing conditions.

Old 01-03-2017, 07:50 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
Get ready for Trumpcare... Obama who? The loser president? Why are we talking about him?

Old 01-03-2017, 07:57 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Hopefully they will not replace that Kia with a bicycle.
In some ways I already have the tricycle, so a bicycle would be a step up.

Old 01-03-2017, 08:03 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
A whole lot of people who voted for Trump didn't think this through very well, did they ? When they start having problems getting insurance because of pre-existing conditions and when their claims are denied because they reached a ceiling limit , they are going to go OOOOOPS !

The Republicans have never looked out for the little people, and with Trump at the helm, it will be even more cut throat. But that is good business, isn't it ?

Old 01-03-2017, 08:04 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
I for one am willing to sacrifice the health insurance of 20 million people to prove a point, so let's go, let's repeal it Jan 20th what's the hold up.
Why not? Democrats were willing to sacrifice the health insurance of 300 million people to push a point. Elections have consequences.

Old 01-03-2017, 08:19 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Yeah, that's what keeps me up at night. Right now, my husband is working short-term contracts, which keeps the money flowing, but it doesn't provide health care insurance. My hope is that he will soon land a position with a company that self-insures, so this will not be an issue. Until then, we just keep writing large COBRA checks and wishing for the best.
I truly do feel for you, random. I don't wish that on anyone. All of us are a heartbeat away from losing employer based health coverage. It should not be that way in this country. If they cared about us they would be falling all over themselves trying to ensure every American citizen has access to quality, affordable healthcare. But they don't.

You will see right wingers on this thread who have a vile contempt for their fellow man in their posts. It's disgusting. It is way past time for us to come together in the spirit of cooperation and fix this mess so every citizen can live without the fear of getting sick. A lot of people are starting to favor a single payer healthcare system. The support is growing. People who have traveled abroad and seen what other first world countries have are asking why we don't have that here.

I kid you not, there was a guy on here that stated Canadians were dying left and right because of their socialized healthcare system. I personally know several Canadians and showed them his posts and they laughed at his ignorance. It was embarrassing. None of them would trade their healthcare system for ours...NONE! What does that tell you? It tells me that so many people here have been brainwashed by the Republican establishment they spout off all these "facts" and "statistics" that have absolutely no basis in truth.

A lot of people don't even know the ACA and "Obamacare" are one in the same. It's unbelievable. And when you explain it to them they're shocked. These people are desperately in need of basic education and facts about how the real world works. Sadly though, given their contempt for education, I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Old 01-03-2017, 08:23 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Why not? Democrats were willing to sacrifice the health insurance of 300 million people to push a point. Elections have consequences.
Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Old 01-03-2017, 08:33 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
The Republicans are rather screwed if they don't have a replacement plan in place. They would be much better off fixing Obamacare in someway rather than fully replacing it like their plan is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies