Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2017, 02:01 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
A lot of Trump's base only have health insurance through Obamacare. These folks who voted against their own self interests are in for a BIG surprise. Case in point is Clay County, Kentucky where 87% voted for Trump.
Do you mean the working class? They can't afford it, and they can't afford to use it. None the less they are forced to buy it.

Maybe you didn't notice, Trump's base voted to get rid of it too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2017, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperOscar View Post
That is great news, 20 million Americans will lose insurance, and millions of elderly people will finally be without any health insurance. Great days for America are coming.
I see you are not exactly working with facts.
  • Elderly people are on Medicare. They will be unaffected. Strike one
  • 20 million Americans won't lose insurance. Strike two
  • Working class will no longer be forced to buy insurance they can't afford and can't afford to use. Strike three.
You're out.

Obamacare, like Obama, will soon be nothing more than a bad memory.

Old 01-04-2017, 02:06 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,197,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Do you mean the working class? They can't afford it, and they can't afford to use it. None the less they are forced to buy it.

Maybe you didn't notice, Trump's base voted to get rid of it too.
Many did not realize what they were voting for and are currently experincing "voters remorse." The Republicans must tread carefully in how they approach repeal and "replace." Trump promised he would relace O'care with "something terrific" for everyone.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.9a3ab5a89772

Coal Miners Worry Obamacare Repeal Could Mean Loss of Benefits - ABC 36 News

these coal country voters in the CNN segment were very clear: They don’t want to lose the protections Obamacare grants them. Other reporting has found similar worries in Trump country. Still other reporting has turned up examples of Trump voters who don’t actually believe he’ll take away their Obamacare.

The widow of a deceased miner, who is now trying to get the benefits, said she doesn’t want to see Obamacare repealed, and even suggested Trump may be on the verge of betraying her and others in the region:

“If he don’t come across like he promised, he’s not gonna be there next time. Not if I can help it.”

He promised everyone a replacment that was "something terrific" if Republians vote to repeal and leave popel with nothing there will be hell and votes to pay!

Last edited by detshen; 01-04-2017 at 02:19 AM..

Old 01-04-2017, 02:11 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
No, they DO have a plan, and it won't take years.
Kelly Conway says they have pieces of a plan.

Old 01-04-2017, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Many did not realize
How do you know what 10s of million people whom you have never met, never dealt with, and do not know, might "realize".

Such argument is nothing more than logical fallacy. And posting nonsense from WaPo, now thoroughly discredited only adds to that. I can't imagine why any thinking adult would pay them mind now.

I am willing to be that Trump's voters were far far more engaged in this election than Hillary's (other than the paid rioters) voters.

Old 01-04-2017, 02:25 AM

Quote:
How do you know what 10s of million people whom you have never met, never dealt with, and do not know, might "realize".

Such argument is nothing more than logical fallacy. And posting nonsense from WaPo, now thoroughly discredited only adds to that. I can't imagine why any thinking adult would pay them mind now.

I am willing to be that Trump's voters were far far more engaged in this election than Hillary's (other than the paid rioters) voters.
I never mentioned 10s of millions. I read the article, it's been widely reported and whether you like the source or not, they interviewed people, sorry if reading comprehension eludes you. It's time to grow up and read/think whether you like the source or not.

https://www.statnews.com/2016/12/19/...lth-insurance/

https://www.theblackloop.com/2016/12...eep-obamacare/

Repealing Obamacare Will Have Effects on Coal Miners' Lives

Engaged or not, the reailty of repeal is not so appealing when it actually affects a voters life.

Old 01-04-2017, 02:27 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
I never mentioned 10s of millions. I read the article, it's been widely reported and whether you like the source or not, they interviewed people, sorry if reading comprehension eludes you.

https://www.statnews.com/2016/12/19/...lth-insurance/

https://www.theblackloop.com/2016/12...eep-obamacare/

Repealing Obamacare Will Have Effects on Coal Miners' Lives
I live in a coal state. No one is begging to save Obamacare outside of the small minority that didn't vote for Trump.

And then the even smaller minority like me that didn't vote for Trump but have their own reasons to see Obamacare dismantled .

Old 01-04-2017, 02:29 AM

Quote:
I never mentioned 10s of millions.
So how many do you mean when you say "many"?

Old 01-04-2017, 03:27 AM

Quote:
So how many do you mean when you say "many"?
Coal miners with black lung disease losing their health coverage? I don't know but I wouldn't want to be on the wrong end of even a single case. I'd say Republicans itching to gut it all better tread carefully, but that's just me. They better have some darn good "pieces" ready to go. I can think of very few people who would garner as much national outrage and sympathy as a hard working miner or their widow losing their coverage.

Old 01-04-2017, 03:33 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,625,222 times
Let's sit back and watch the show. The Republicans now have to put up or shut up. They aren't used to doing anything but threatening to shut government down or saying "NO".
Let's see if the replacement for Obama care even makes any sense. It's on their shoulders now. Tick off enough people though and your cutting your party's throat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies