Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2017, 09:58 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Well little Trumpies it's on! Dems have thrown down the gauntlet basically daring Donny and the Repubs to repeal Obamacare without any kind of replacement on day one - which of course they don't and will never have.

By going ahead with this Donny and the repubs will now "own" all of the health care problems and the headaches that come with it. It's called the pottery barn rule - you break it you own it. So go ahead Donny make our day!
Lol, you really just tried to lay Obamacares current failing trajectory at the feet of a guy that hasn't entered office yet?

Insurers have been leaving the exchanges, prices have been spiking....not decreasing and all because the dems were too afraid to really shove young (voters) into having to buy coverage or face big penalties in the first place.

Obamacare is going to fail at the rate it's currently going so the options are all going to make someone mad.

1) Cancel it.
2) Force young people into it with higher penalties.
3) Reduce subsidy and curtail coverage etc. for those paying little to nothing in and receiving lots of benefits.

I can't link it here by you just pulled a Zap Brannigan (Futurama)....where he states the captain always goes down with the ship and then promotes his assistant to captain and jumps in an escape pod.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2017, 09:59 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Life expectancy dips in U.S. in '15 for first time since '93

That is what Obamacare has accomplished. Life expectancy is dropping.
I've already debunked that bogus study in another thread, please stop posting that tripe from a partisan think tank cherry picking without a conscience.

Old 01-04-2017, 10:02 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,966,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacSoc View Post
Guess the OP doesn't comprehend that people can't afford Obamacare so aren't using it. My parents are included in that.
20 new mil people insured since its inception, so, clearly some people can afford it, but I guess if everyone can afford it we should scrap the whole thing.

Old 01-04-2017, 10:02 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacSoc View Post
Guess the OP doesn't comprehend that people can't afford Obamacare so aren't using it. My parents are included in that.
In my zip code, premium for family of 4 $1700 a month.
With 13.5k deductible.
But it's ok, bc hardly anyone will take any plan bought off the exchange.

Disaster.

Old 01-04-2017, 10:03 AM

2,940 posts, read 1,813,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
No, idiots can't understand the difference between a philosophy and a goal.

Remove government, allow the free market to thrive, forcing individual responsibility. That's great. Now what goals need to be achieved? How much money should Americans be reasonably be paying?

We got rid of government involvement when CA deregulated its electricity. Guess what happened?

The automatic assumption that less government at all costs produces cheaper goods and services is absolutely not clear. And because it isn't clear you need to define what goals should be reached in order to prove that you are correct, but only idiots can't understand the difference between philosophies and economic goals.

And it is absolutely hilarious you are going on a non-sequitur tirade about me somehow arguing for 'communist principals' when in fact I have never done so throughout this entire thread. I don't even think you know what communism even means. I said I'm willing to listen to GOP proposals if they are indeed better. Now what are the proposals? 'Everyone pays', 'less government', 'everyone takes personal responsibility'.....wow, absolutely fantastic proposals. I bet you'd make the best President of the US ever because apparently you can make sweeping reforms to our entire healthcare system AND save billions, if not trillions, of dollars by making a 3 sentence law (as opposed to 1000s of pages) consisting of those 3 ideas! Fantastic. We've got the greatest politician in the world on these boards folks--a guy who's plan of 'everyone pays' (and that's the maximum amount of detail we'll ever get) will 100% fix our broken health care system!
You can't argue with idiots without critical thinking skills. Don't waste your effort.

Let's focus on making higher education free and make everyone go to damn university and get some critical thinking skills first.

Old 01-04-2017, 10:03 AM

1,529 posts, read 916,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Well little Trumpies it's on! Dems have thrown down the gauntlet basically daring Donny and the Repubs to repeal Obamacare without any kind of replacement on day one - which of course they don't and will never have.

By going ahead with this Donny and the repubs will now "own" all of the health care problems and the headaches that come with it. It's called the pottery barn rule - you break it you own it. So go ahead Donny make our day!
Grow up kid!

Old 01-04-2017, 10:04 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I've already debunked that bogus study in another thread, please stop posting that tripe from a partisan think tank cherry picking without a conscience.
Your debunking fails.

US life expectancy drops for first time in decades - CNN.com

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/products/databriefs/db267.htm

The year after Obamacare went into full effect life expectancy dropped for the first time in 22 years.

The good news for liberals is white people dying increased at a higher rate than minorities.

From the CDC, the partisan site MathGuy speaks of:

Quote:
What are the age-adjusted death rates for race-ethnicity-sex groups?
The age-adjusted death rate for the total population increased 1.2% from 724.6 per 100,000 standard population in 2014 to 733.1 in 2015 (Figure 2). Age-adjusted death rates increased in 2015 from 2014 for non-Hispanic black males (0.9%), non-Hispanic white males (1.0%), and non-Hispanic white females (1.6%). Rates did not change significantly for non-Hispanic black females, Hispanic males, and Hispanic females from 2014 to 2015.
Looks like Obamacare, like immigration policy, is another attempt to dilute the white vote. This time by killing us off. No wonder us white people voted against our "best interests".

Last edited by whogo; 01-04-2017 at 10:15 AM..

Old 01-04-2017, 10:06 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
In my zip code, premium for family of 4 $1700 a month.
With 13.5k deductible.
But it's ok, bc hardly anyone will take any plan bought off the exchange.

Disaster.
Yep, my costs have gone up 150% since it went into affect.
It's the Titanic and Obama is leaving the ship hoping the crew can salvage the ship.

Many of the 20 million on OCare were on policies that were dropped and forced on the exchanges. They were not "additional" with no coverage.

Old 01-04-2017, 10:07 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,393,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
20 new mil people insured since its inception, so, clearly some people can afford it, but I guess if everyone can afford it we should scrap the whole thing.
20 million insured at a huge expense to everyone else.

Old 01-04-2017, 10:07 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Just what we need, another thread about this.

If congress repeals Obamacare it has nothing to do with Trump.

Trump has said repeatedly that he wants to repeal, and replace at the same time.
Bull****.

But I appreciate your efforts to try and help the sleazy President Elect wiggle out of this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies