Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 07:16 AM

5,047 posts, read 6,346,699 times

Advertisements

The message is a warning to President Obama, who plans to move more than a dozen detainees cleared for release before he leaves office on Jan. 20.

Oh, a warning. I am fairly sure President Obama is terrified now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2017, 07:42 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
I can't figure out if your post is satire or not.

"the use of Twitter has been brilliant" has no place in a logical conversation.

LOL. Best post in the thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
The president-elect has the maturity of a five year old left alone with his mommy's phone. He's not mentally capable of sucking it up and dealing with things as an adult.

I really don't see how this man/child will last all four years. His own parties tires of his tweets defending Putin and dissing the CIA since they are the ones who have to come out and try and defend the indefensible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
The message is a warning to President Obama, who plans to move more than a dozen detainees cleared for release before he leaves office on Jan. 20.
Oh, a warning. I am fairly sure President Obama is terrified now.
LOL. Terrified.

Old 01-04-2017, 08:21 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,986,761 times
Default Obama Endangering America Further, Plans to Transfer more GITMO Terrorists to other Countries

Expect more transfers of Guantanamo Bay prisoners to be announced before President Barack Obama leaves office on Jan. 20, the White House said on Tuesday after President-elect Donald Trump tweeted a warning against it.

"I would expect at this point additional transfers to be announced before Jan. 20," White House spokesman Josh Earnest told reporters when asked about a message on Twitter by Trump earlier on Tuesday saying "There should be no more releases" from the prison at the U.S. naval base in Cuba, reported Reuters.

When will the Failure-in-Chief realize that his anti-terrorist policies are a total failure and a number of prisoners he released returned back to terrorist organizations?

Guantanamo Transfers: Expect More, White House Tells Trump

Obama to transfer more Gitmo detainees despite Trump's objection - CNNPolitics.com

Old 01-04-2017, 08:36 AM

45,579 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Here's one level where Trump via Twitter works... that some have pointed out already.

Incoming White House press secretary Sean Spicer ...

You know, with all due respect, I think it freaks the mainstream media out that he has this following of over 45-plus million people that follow him on social media, that he can have a direct conversation. He doesn't have to have it funneled through the media.

As much as the propaganda media continually trashes him, why wouldn't he do this? It makes total sense. He doesn't have to be concerned with the MSM misconstruing his message, or showing negative images, or making sad faces while reporting news about him.

Old 01-04-2017, 09:05 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Here's one level where Trump via Twitter works... that some have pointed out already.

Incoming White House press secretary Sean Spicer ...

You know, with all due respect, I think it freaks the mainstream media out that he has this following of over 45-plus million people that follow him on social media, that he can have a direct conversation. He doesn't have to have it funneled through the media.

As much as the propaganda media continually trashes him, why wouldn't he do this? It makes total sense. He doesn't have to be concerned with the MSM misconstruing his message, or showing negative images, or making sad faces while reporting news about him.
This is what happens when the MSM tangle with Trump...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s9xokE0fRok

Old 01-04-2017, 09:25 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Dude has hit the ground running... he hasn't even hit the ground yet.

Why do we even need an inauguration? He is basically running the country with no legal authority. The inauguration will be a speed bump in the road.

Trump to Obama: No more Gitmo transfers

President-elect Donald Trump on Tuesday called on the Obama administration to halt all prisoner transfers from the Guantánamo Bay military prison.

“There should be no further releases from Gitmo. These are extremely dangerous people and should not be allowed back onto the battlefield,” Trump tweeted.

And another use of Twitter...

By the way, so far the use of Twitter has been brilliant, on multiple levels. I wonder if this will continue once he is official?

It will be interesting to see how Obama responds to this.
He can spew whatever he wants. It's all meaningless drivel.

Have the transfers stopped?

No.

"Expect more transfers of Guantanamo Bay prisoners to be announced before President Barack Obama leaves office on Jan. 20, the White House said on Tuesday after President-elect Donald Trump tweeted a warning against it."

Guantanamo Transfers: Expect More, White House Tells Trump

Old 01-04-2017, 09:27 AM

1,816 posts, read 1,150,155 times
Quote:
Dude has hit the ground running... he hasn't even hit the ground yet.

Why do we even need an inauguration? He is basically running the country with no legal authority. The inauguration will be a speed bump in the road.

Trump to Obama: No more Gitmo transfers

President-elect Donald Trump on Tuesday called on the Obama administration to halt all prisoner transfers from the Guantánamo Bay military prison.

“There should be no further releases from Gitmo. These are extremely dangerous people and should not be allowed back onto the battlefield,” Trump tweeted.

And another use of Twitter...

By the way, so far the use of Twitter has been brilliant, on multiple levels. I wonder if this will continue once he is official?

It will be interesting to see how Obama responds to this.
Obama's response will be as follows:

I'm still the President!

Old 01-04-2017, 09:43 AM

2,821 posts, read 2,110,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Someone needs to remind Trump (and the OP) that Trump is not the president until after the inauguration. Obama has a couple more weeks to do whatever the heck he wants and the president-elect needs to suck it up.
President Obama has been doing that for the past 8 years. America can entertain him for 16 more days. It's a non issue, as most expect no less.

Old 01-04-2017, 11:49 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
I can't figure out if your post is satire or not.

"the use of Twitter has been brilliant" has no place in a logical conversation.
""the use of Twitter has been brilliant" has no place in a logical conversation."

WRONG. Many of us LIKE getting news straight from the mouth NOT filtered by the LSM who take things out of context, ads or inserts things NOT said, only "reporting" on things they like and ignoring things they don't like to report on, etc.

Old 01-04-2017, 11:52 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
You find it brilliant to avoid the press who can pose tough questions and hold him accountable and instead use social media like a 13 yr old to spew every thought in his head and undermine our current president and administration?

I gather that we have differing opinions on policy and that's fine. But do you really think this is the way a government should conduct it's business? Step back and look at this. Would you respect this country if you were looking at it from the other side of the world?

My guess is Obama will ignore the Twitter troll.
"You find it brilliant to avoid the press who can pose tough questions and hold him accountable"

I hope you don't mean how the media has done since JFK.

When did they ask Obama or Hillary any "tough" questions and hold them responsible for ANYTHING?

Your blind bias is showing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies