Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 10:53 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,901,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Honestly, I don't know if that's his position. How would I know? Honestly, how would anyone know?

However, if this is his position, I don't know why some folks would be surprised, particularly those who feel government is just business & we're all better off when it's run that way.

Wasn't one of the ideas that propelled Mr. Trump into the Presidential seat the idea he was such a great businessmen ?

Even if that was the only criterion (good at business), wasn't his MO to prevent a proper vetting?

If he is to be the de facto 'CEO' of the USA, what are his responsibilities in re: to the American people?

Are we the people now to be considered his employees?

What are the first amendment rights of employees? As per the ideology the owner of the business holds all the cards.

Did we the people just get 'owned'?
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Just get owned? That is funny. Those in power are the masters not the servants.
I think you may have misunderstood my use of the word 'owned'? I was referring to the modern & perhaps considered slang usage.

My intention was to allude to what Mr. Frankin expressed here:

Quote:
AUTHOR: Benjamin Franklin (1706–90)
QUOTATION: “Well, Doctor, what have we got—a Republic or a Monarchy?”

“A Republic, if you can keep it.”

ATTRIBUTION: The response is attributed to BENJAMIN FRANKLIN—at the close of the Constitutional Convention of 1787, when queried as he left Independence Hall on the final day of deliberation—in the notes of Dr. James McHenry, one of Maryland’s delegates to the Convention.
1593. Benjamin Franklin (1706-90). Respectfully Quoted: A Dictionary of Quotations. 1989

It's worth noting I've been told I'm 'an acquired taste' on more than one occasion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2017, 12:51 PM

20,627 posts, read 19,289,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
As a libertarian I believe Trump is a greater lesser evil than the typical Republican. Still better than pretty much any Democrat largely due to judicial appointments and regulatory matters. Trade is his weak point, a serious concern.

The Democrats became the worst of everything in the 90s, obviously linked to the Clinton's. They were fully corporatist, neoliberal and replaced basic civil rights and socioeconomic concerns with identity politics. All the demarcates do these days is claim to pay out welfare while running on race and sex wedge issues. Anything is better than this, including an old 70s style democrat like Trump. No, that isn't a libertarian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies