Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2017, 06:19 PM

36,644 posts, read 67,332,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
First a tiny bit of history. The Bush administration along with the Federal Reserve and Mexican banks and government decided to make it easy for Mexicans (including illegals) living in this country to transfer money earned here back to Mexico. The program was called Directo a Mexico and the Bush Administration spent a lot of money and time promoting it. Yes, the Bush Administration not Obama. At one time the PowerPoint presentation to promote it was on the web. I read it. So when the economy was tanking, we had money flying out of the country which is currently in the neighborhood of $24 billion per Trump and most of it is from Mexican illegals not Americans of Mexican heritage.

Trump is planning to do the following:

The regulation 31 CFR 130.121 will be changed to redefine applicable financial institutions to include money transfer companies like Western Union, and redefine "account" to include wire transfers. Also include in the proposed rule a requirement that no alien may wire money outside of the United States unless the alien first provides a document establishing his lawful presence in the United States.

So it won't stop Mexican Americans from wiring money out or Mexicans who are working here legally, only illegals...but Trump says that's the bulk of the money.

Trump will ask Mexico to pay for the wall. Trump says Mexico will balk. Trump will tell them 31 CFR 130.121 will be amended not to allow illegals to do it. Trump says since it is approximately $24 billion annually these days and Mexico has no safety net program for their poor, Trump says he will tell Mexico to pay for the wall and if they do, then the US will tear up the amendment.

As previously mentioned Trump can also raise visa fees which he said could also pay for it.
Yawns. Undocumented residents need only have a citizen send it for them.

Then what? We start monitoring the financial transactions of citizens?

I just laugh at how FASCIST youve all become.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2017, 06:20 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,182,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

They are already monitored. Ever heard of Rico?

Old 01-04-2017, 06:22 PM

62,736 posts, read 28,944,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
First a tiny bit of history. The Bush administration along with the Federal Reserve and Mexican banks and government decided to make it easy for Mexicans (including illegals) living in this country to transfer money earned here back to Mexico. The program was called Directo a Mexico and the Bush Administration spent a lot of money and time promoting it. Yes, the Bush Administration not Obama. At one time the PowerPoint presentation to promote it was on the web. I read it. So when the economy was tanking, we had money flying out of the country which is currently in the neighborhood of $24 billion per Trump and most of it is from Mexican illegals not Americans of Mexican heritage.

Trump is planning to do the following:

The regulation 31 CFR 130.121 will be changed to redefine applicable financial institutions to include money transfer companies like Western Union, and redefine "account" to include wire transfers. Also include in the proposed rule a requirement that no alien may wire money outside of the United States unless the alien first provides a document establishing his lawful presence in the United States.

So it won't stop Mexican Americans from wiring money out or Mexicans who are working here legally, only illegals...but Trump says that's the bulk of the money.

Trump will ask Mexico to pay for the wall. Trump says Mexico will balk. Trump will tell them 31 CFR 130.121 will be amended not to allow illegals to do it. Trump says since it is approximately $24 billion annually these days and Mexico has no safety net program for their poor, Trump says he will tell Mexico to pay for the wall and if they do, then the US will tear up the amendment.

As previously mentioned Trump can also raise visa fees which he said could also pay for it.
Still waiting for you know who to provide proof to his claim that it is mostly Mexican Americans that are sending remittances out of our country rather than those here illegally. Tick, tock, tick, tock.

Last edited by Oldglory; 01-04-2017 at 07:18 PM..

Old 01-04-2017, 06:25 PM

62,736 posts, read 28,944,698 times
WTH is an "undocumented resident"? There is no such term in our immigration law terminology.

Old 01-04-2017, 06:59 PM

30,035 posts, read 11,630,916 times
Quote:

That is already the case since the Patriot Act.

C.I.A. Collects Global Data on Transfers of Money - The New York Times

Old 01-04-2017, 07:01 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,182,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
That is already the case since the Patriot Act.

C.I.A. Collects Global Data on Transfers of Money - The New York Times
I swear I am talking to a 16 year old person.

Old 01-04-2017, 07:05 PM

41,815 posts, read 50,926,180 times
Quote:
Just like they are totally ignoring Trump's rhetoric about paying for his border wall.
They are not in a position to ignore Trump, he has all the leverage he needs to make them do exactly what he wants.

Old 01-04-2017, 07:15 PM

78,016 posts, read 60,232,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Well, Fidel was in power for the terms of ten presidents, his brother is still in charge, and I don't see where Cuba has returned anything, yet they're still around.

I'd say it worked out.
I guess you're right, I mean where other than Havanna can I find a cab driver that is a licensed physician too?

Viva la revolucion!

Old 01-04-2017, 08:34 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,345,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I guess you're right, I mean where other than Havanna can I find a cab driver that is a licensed physician too?

Viva la revolucion!
And driving a model t

Old 01-04-2017, 08:46 PM

20,629 posts, read 19,292,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
The remittance money is money they earned by providing a service how is that not private property?

It was not earned legally. I have been to foreign countries. In none of them do I recall being allowed to work. What is so hard about the golden rule? Every country that ever asked for my passport is run by racist Nazis? That it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies