Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2017, 07:19 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Insurance has turned a noble cause of wanting to help people in need, into a greedy, "I want my cut" bureaucracy.

More of the cost are spent on the bureaucracy, than the treatment itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2017, 07:22 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Just think of all the things that could have been done with a SUPER-MAJORITY, but chose to screw up the entire healthcare system to help less than 10% of the population. In a Republic that it takes 2/3rds of the majority to say yes.

This nation was established on the common laws of nature, and the strong survive. It was never intended for the federal government to make the entire nation and union of individual states, a welfare/public assistance State.

From the very beginning, it has been about the individual person(man) not the collective(men) The federal government was instated to secure and maintain my and everyone else's individual freedom and liberties, not take them, for the sake of the collective. They were there to secure more liberty, not less.

From the very beginning, it has been about the individual person(man) not the collective(men)

yep self serving- me-myself and I -thinking-

I now take advantage of those roads, build by others -the light post, built by others - the grocery store, built by others- the internet, built by others- and even the PC, built by others---because I sustain myself-please

when you become a survivalist and go live in the woods and get off the internet- lets talk

Old 01-06-2017, 07:22 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,367,350 times
I don't read anything from FOX News but a doctor wants to earn as much $$$ as he/she possibly can without the government getting in his way. No surprise.

Old 01-06-2017, 07:25 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
yes but the states do not have the funds---

What makes you think the federal government does, if their revenues come from the people in the states.
If all the revenues the federal government forces the people to pay directly to them, was placed into each individual state, where those people reside. Let each state compete for residents. Let people have the liberty to get out of a state and try something different. With the big blanket federal government controlling it, there is no escape from the oppression of liberties.

Old 01-06-2017, 07:29 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,961,631 times
Quote:
What makes you think the federal government does, if their revenues come from the people in the states.
If all the revenues the federal government forces the people to pay directly to them, was placed into each individual state, where those people reside. Let each state compete for residents. Let people have the liberty to get out of a state and try something different. With the big blanket federal government controlling it, there is no escape from the oppression of liberties.
lol, yeah, lets have massive freeloading. Healthy? Go live in a state that provides nothing. Get sick? Move to a state that cares. Want education? Go to a state that provides it. Want a job? Go to a state that uses their money to subsidize companies to locate there because they dont provide any education and health care for their people and depend on migration of freeloaders.

What you call liberty is nothing but freeloading.

Old 01-06-2017, 07:31 AM

504 posts, read 300,195 times
Quote:
Insurance has turned a noble cause of wanting to help people in need, into a greedy, "I want my cut" bureaucracy.

Really? Have you ever considered the inefficiencies of having multiple billing clerks in your doctors office, hospital and the equivalent sitting over in the insurance offices? What do all those staff have to do with good medical delivery?

In Canada, they spend 33% less as a percentage of GDP on healthcare, and the results? Canadians live longer. You can pick the fly speck out of the pepper all you want about universal healthcare vs not, but that is the reality. Canadians as a whole spend less on healthcare, and live longer.

And taxes? Less for those making under $91,0000, more for those making more. Corporate taxes? WAAaaaayyy less. 15% versus 35%.

Old 01-06-2017, 07:39 AM

2,940 posts, read 1,813,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillionmt View Post
Buying into fake news still, are you? Continue believing in your delusions.

Oh, BTW, did you notice that Woolsey, former CIA director, left the Trump transition group because Trump won't listen to Woolsey, who is as expert a person as one can find on intelligence? Trump, what an incompetent.
I wouldn't say he's incompetent, he's just being arrogant and thinking he's a know-it-all when he really knows nothing. Typically representative of how Americans are.

Old 01-06-2017, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Have you looked at the entire federal budget? Take a look and see how much of the pie is discretionary spending vs mandatory spending.

Take a small slice of the discretionary spending (say 5%) and allocate it to healthcare, you'd do so much wonders for this country. Instead saying nope we don't have the money, but let's spend the money to build a wall (as proposed by the GOP congress).

Old 01-06-2017, 07:45 AM

Quote:

But it doesn't appear to you that insurance itself is part of the bureaucracy, with a for-profit motive?

Old 01-06-2017, 07:49 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
the FEDS have money - states like Montana that have 3 cows- one Bison and 60 people cannot make up the cost of healthcare, education etc. it's all about what you spend it on-- but sick people only infect other people - this is your hope?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies