Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 12:12 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times

Advertisements

This is an opinion piece written by a doctor.

A doctor’s straight talk: America, your health care is not a federal responsibility

Supporters of President Obama’s signature law loudly tout its one success—an increase in the number of insured Americans. Regrettably, it did so by reducing access to medical care for all Americans.

ObamaCare has aided the growth of the malignancy that is destroying U.S. health care: a massive federal administrative apparatus and regulatory machine that diverts trillions—not millions or even billions—of “health care” dollars away from health care services to pay itself, to pay the health care bureaucracy.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/...nsibility.html

I like it. I also think it needs to be removed from the employer, and full control and freedom of choice given to individuals and families.

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-04-2017 at 07:00 PM.. Reason: copyright
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2017, 12:16 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
This is an opinion piece written by a doctor.

A doctor’s straight talk: America, your health care is not a federal responsibility

Supporters of President Obama’s signature law loudly tout its one success—an increase in the number of insured Americans. Regrettably, it did so by reducing access to medical care for all Americans.

ObamaCare has aided the growth of the malignancy that is destroying U.S. health care: a massive federal administrative apparatus and regulatory machine that diverts trillions—not millions or even billions—of “health care” dollars away from health care services to pay itself, to pay the health care bureaucracy.

I like it. I also think it needs to be removed from the employer, and full control and freedom of choice given to individuals and families.
If people started taking control of their healthcare, prices would drop and satisfaction would increase.

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-04-2017 at 07:01 PM..

Old 01-04-2017, 12:17 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Good luck with that. We live in a time where people believe everything is a right granted by the fedguv.

Old 01-04-2017, 12:20 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,112,677 times
It's such a nonsense cop out when your argument is that it's a job for the states, not the Fed gov't. Whenever I hear that, I know you don't have an actual argument.

Old 01-04-2017, 12:23 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
It's such a nonsense cop out when your argument is that it's a job for the states, not the Fed gov't. Whenever I hear that, I know you don't have an actual argument.
And your argument that healthcare is/should be a federal responsibility is... What?

Old 01-04-2017, 12:24 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,739,460 times
I could, and have written volumes on this dating back to the Hillary-Bernie race. I'm not going to repeat it but there is a solution without train wrecking the infrastructure that practitioners, facilities, and companies have had to invest HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS in.

Old 01-04-2017, 12:25 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
I'm surprised you didn't say it was a human right that should be overseen by the UN.

Just because you need a nanny doesn't mean that the rest of us do.

Old 01-04-2017, 12:30 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If people started taking control of their healthcare, prices would drop and satisfaction would increase.
Wrong. That NEVER HAPPENS.

No industry ever lowers prices on their own out of the goodness of the hearts. They collude to keep prices as high as possible.

If the government got serious about regulating health care anf prescription drug prices then people might actually afford it.

But how can you spite middle class people because they dont have $30,000 lying around for 8-week chemotherapy treatment?

And how can you say its retirees faults for not being able to afford $2,000-$3000 a month in medications?

That's twisted, immoral and quite frankly wicked.

Old 01-04-2017, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Absolutely

Old 01-04-2017, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Wrong. That NEVER HAPPENS.

No industry ever lowers prices on their own out of the goodness of the hearts. They collude to keep prices as high as possible.

If the government got serious about regulating health care anf prescription drug prices then people might actually afford it.

But how can you spite middle class people because they dont have $30,000 lying around for 8-week chemotherapy treatment?

And how can you say its retirees faults for not being able to afford $2,000-$3000 a month in medications?

That's twisted, immoral and quite frankly wicked.
I am going to repost this from the OP...

Costs will come down in simply removing the feds from the equation.

Also - many people in health care want to help others, which is why they go into health care in the first place - and part of helping others is making prices affordable so people can use their services.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies