Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2017, 07:58 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
It appears my post was a bit too challenging for some people to understand. Look at the way the MSM covers stories like this compared to as if this were whites doing it to a black person. When it's a white person doing this to a black person they shout racism and white supremacy. When the perpetrators are black, the liberal media makes excuses for them. Also, how many riots have you seen over this. Justice may not always be as swift when the victim is black, but you don't see any violent riots or people burning up a city when it's blacks doing this to whites. If the situation were reversed, these supposedly pro black groups like BLM would be out destroying everything they see. They'd be causing senseless violence and destruction.
Please see post below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Really? Joliet is about 45 miles SW of Chicago. 4 white young adults , 2 males, 2 females, butchered 2 young black men.

Joliet murders: Teens 'who lured two men to their house and strangled them to death planned to keep their TEETH as trophies after butchering their corpses' | Daily Mail Online

No riots. No screaming "ALL whites....." No media sensation. Before pictures released, no mention of race.
Also agnostic soldier, please note that the case where the special needs black teen that was sexually assaulted, it was not all over the media like this case has been. Nor were there huge outcries of ALL WHITES are anal rapist of black special needs teens.

IMO, it is ironic that you and others in this thread and in social media - whites mostly, always want to claim the "if it were a black victim of whites" thing and act like there would be this huge uproar when there are cases where what you are trying to compare has indeed occurred and there has NOT been an uproar or riots or anything happen. Honestly, I feel that this case, though horrible, only got the attention it did because the perps streamed it on FB live. Any crime on FB live or some other video or live stream especially is going to garner a lot of attention, no matter the race of the victims or perpetuators.

ETA: This whole outcry of whites trying to blame ALL black people for this and act like ALL of us condone this vicious treatment of the victim, shows me how easily lynching was able to occur and why it stayed so long in our country. It is like you all want to go back to mob violence and is kind of sickening.

Old 01-09-2017, 09:55 AM

20,706 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Really? Joliet is about 45 miles SW of Chicago. 4 white young adults , 2 males, 2 females, butchered 2 young black men.

Joliet murders: Teens 'who lured two men to their house and strangled them to death planned to keep their TEETH as trophies after butchering their corpses' | Daily Mail Online

No riots. No screaming "ALL whites....." No media sensation. Before pictures released, no mention of race.
I have a theory on it. Perhaps it is because it was not live streamed or put on video. There really is no other explanation. There is nothing unique about it . If anything its extraordinary it did not end in homicide.

Kind a sad really. We have to actually see the act to care now?

Old 01-09-2017, 09:56 AM

274 posts, read 120,345 times
Pfft history repeating itself ayy?

Old 01-09-2017, 10:00 AM

98 posts, read 88,382 times
I'm reminded by what Chris Rock said - What about the PARENTS??? Who raises kids like these?

Old 01-09-2017, 10:01 AM

20,706 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Please see post below:

ETA: This whole outcry of whites trying to blame ALL black people for this and act like ALL of us condone this vicious treatment of the victim, shows me how easily lynching was able to occur and why it stayed so long in our country. It is like you all want to go back to mob violence and is kind of sickening.

It never ceases to amaze me to see someone whine about collective judgment of blacks while collectively referring to whites.

Old 01-09-2017, 10:04 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeSpell View Post
I'm reminded by what Chris Rock said - What about the PARENTS??? Who raises kids like these?
I have been saying it from the beginning. The parents have some blame in those persons turning into monsters.

Old 01-09-2017, 11:20 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRogue View Post
Pfft history repeating itself ayy?
What history are you referring to?

Old 01-09-2017, 11:52 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
^ 11 months after the assault
wasn't this your statement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom
Story was ignored by national MSM, including Fox News.

Old 01-09-2017, 12:17 PM

3,368 posts, read 1,604,433 times
I personally think adding punishment based on an interpretation of a criminal perpetrators feelings is nonsense.
I believe some of the posts that are being ridiculed are simply attempting to highlight or acknowledge the disparity between the amount of crime committed across racial margins and the amount of those that are deemed crimes of "hate".

Quote:
According to the 2015 FBI hate crime statistics, the latest available, there were 613 anti-white-related crimes out of 5,850 total cases. That's around 10.5 percent of all reported hate crimes
Quote:
FBI statistics for Homicides in the US by victim and perpetrator, 2014
Blacks killed by whites 7.6%
Whites killed by blacks 14.8%

Old 01-09-2017, 04:34 PM

37,095 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
If anything its extraordinary it did not end in homicide.

Kind a sad really. We have to actually see the act to care now?
It appears the young man escaped. If he had not done so before the perpetrators sobered up, he might have been killed.

Not only is it sad that we have to have video to care, some seem to think if video does not exist, neither does the crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies