Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 10:57 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,903,896 times

Advertisements

1. Liberals/Progressives: Sit down, shut up... you have no leg to stand on, you people spent 8 years promoting reducing debt by increasing it.

2. Republicans/conservatives: Rand is right, pull your head out of your arse. Anyone who thinks this is ok might as well go sit down with the liberals/progressives because you are one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2017, 10:58 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,903,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Rand is better when not running for president.
He ran fine, problem is people are stupid... they cared more about facebook/twitter antics than the polices.

Rand/Cruz (and others of similar conservative messages) were lost on a stupid nation who really deserves its own stupidity.

Old 01-05-2017, 10:59 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah...that's too bad.

BTW...where are all the Republican folks at? Nothing to say about this?
Only the hard-core far right would be in such bitter denial as to not already know this.

I do have to point out some irony though because we have a lot of dueling threads about how the Republicans aren't going to be much different (making the point that Trump voters were suckers) as well as the "OMG Trump is going to slash all social programs" hysteria threads.

Is it all their fault? Somewhat but in fairness they ultimately have to answer to the American voter which I have to say I have a generally low expectation of rationality and intelligence from.

Old 01-05-2017, 11:00 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,330,349 times
I really like paul, he was horrible running for president but an excellent senator. I am not least bit surprised the republicans are adding 9.7 trillion to the debt, they are usually comical when they talk about lowering the size of the government. george w bush gave us a trillion dollar invasion of iraq, mass bailout of the banks, a financial and credit tsunami happened under his watch , allowed massive illegal immigration,never even looked at welfare, etc and spent and spent and spent. I wonder how much the republicans are cutting welfare in this new budget , lol

Looks like we are heading for another republican led fiasco and huge bailout ,how does that 700 billion bank bailout fit into the conservative ideology of less government interference in the economy?

“That’s not why I ran for office!” Paul said, slamming budget papers down. “That’s not why I’m here.”

“That’s not why I spend time away from my family and from my medical practice, it’s because debt is consuming our country

“My fear is that if you leave part of Obamacare in place (the dictate that insurance companies must sell insurance to individuals with pre-existing conditions) then you will see an acceleration of adverse selection and ultimately mass bankruptcy of the healthcare insurance industry,” Paul wrote.

“Don’t misunderstand me. We should repeal Obamacare, but partial repeal will only accelerate the current chaos and may eventually lead to calls for a taxpayer bailout of insurance companies,” the senator warned.

“Partial repeal of Obamacare will likely win the day, but when the insurance companies come to Washington crying for a bailout don’t say that no one warned of this preventable disaster.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AuIwR00T5g

Old 01-05-2017, 11:03 AM

638 posts, read 310,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
Rand is the best guy in the government, too bad he doesn't have persuasive skills to win the Presidency.
It's his behavior. He behaves like a child. But I'll tell ya what. When he was the first one to say "I made a pledge, and I'll stick to it." when discussing whether or not he would endorse Donald Trump, at THAT point I realized there was a lot more to the guy. At that point I almost wished Trump picked him for his VP.

Because he's a great guy, but he sorely needs some leadership skills. Behaving like an unruly child at the podium persuades no one. But his ideas are good, and from what I can see he has something a lot of politicians are sorely lacking. Integrity.

Someone needs to work with that guy. He COULD be president someday, and I'd be glad to vote for him.

Old 01-05-2017, 11:06 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
“Partial repeal of Obamacare will likely win the day, but when the insurance companies come to Washington crying for a bailout don’t say that no one warned of this preventable disaster.”
In fairness, when the government dictates how you are to run your business model and then effs up a key component (getting young people to sign up) it's not "crying for a bailout" because the govt. that is at fault.

Contrast that with the banks and automakers whose own failed business practices caused their need for a bailout and I think it's not really fair to use that phrase equally between the two.

Old 01-05-2017, 11:09 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,738,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeclanMadden View Post
It's his behavior. He behaves like a child. But I'll tell ya what. When he was the first one to say "I made a pledge, and I'll stick to it." when discussing whether or not he would endorse Donald Trump, at THAT point I realized there was a lot more to the guy. At that point I almost wished Trump picked him for his VP.

Because he's a great guy, but he sorely needs some leadership skills. Behaving like an unruly child at the podium persuades no one. But his ideas are good, and from what I can see he has something a lot of politicians are sorely lacking. Integrity.

Someone needs to work with that guy. He COULD be president someday, and I'd be glad to vote for him.
He's the best thing this has has produced on a national level, except the derby and basketball teams

Old 01-05-2017, 11:09 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,096,148 times
Quote:
Ya think? Get a load of this:

Are the Repubs still the party of small government and frugal spending? Lol...truth is, they haven't been in more than 40 years.

Anyway:

Rand Paul blasts Republicans for trying to add $9.7 trillion to the debt in the name of repealing Obamacare – Rare
Yes, establishment politicians in both parties are for big government.

You didn't seem to mind the deficit when Obama was pushing his agenda, so why worry about it now?

Old 01-05-2017, 11:11 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
He's the best thing this has has produced on a national level, except the derby and basketball teams
Thomas Massie is another cut from the same cloth.

Old 01-05-2017, 11:17 AM

5,067 posts, read 2,277,519 times
Quote:
Yeah...that's too bad.

BTW...where are all the Republican folks at? Nothing to say about this?
This Republican wrote him in, since he'd already been taken off the ballot by the time the PA primaries rolled around. I was criticized for not voting Cruz, who will NOT be joining Rand in opposing this budget, but my whole reason for switching from D to R was to vote in primaries. For all the difference my one vote made.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies