Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 01:46 PM

35,666 posts, read 21,030,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Ok Rand, can you pay my massive monthly premiums and deductibles?
so if it cost more to repeal-- rather pay out the nose though taxes instead great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2017, 02:05 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,736,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Your thread title is the BS tripe click bait propaganda.

Don't act like you have a leg to stand on, you manipulated a position.
Nope, posted exactly as listed in the USA Today.

However you can take your partisan Bs and eff yourself. Both 'cons' and Libs are partisan hacks who can't think for themselves.

Old 01-05-2017, 02:09 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,289,096 times
Give em hell Rand.

Old 01-05-2017, 02:10 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,289,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Ok Rand, can you pay my massive monthly premiums and deductibles?
The problem with the World in a nutshell.

Someone else to pay for my stuff.

Old 01-05-2017, 02:12 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Paul was on Morning Joe yesterday morning talking about his intent to vote against a standalone repeal of the ACA unless there is an acceptable replacement, which at this time, there is not. He spoke of the chaos that would ensue in the insurance markets if there was a gap and foresaw a potential need to bail out insurers. He also spoke of massive failures of hospitals, especially in rural areas.

He seemed to have an acute appreciation for the time required by insurers to adapt and reformat for changing regulations.

Old 01-05-2017, 02:14 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
He is one of a select few that doesn't frighten me in this Congress. They're worse than President-elect acting with egos and not brains.

You hear McConnell condemn Shumers "unprecedented" move to not approve a SCOTUS pick?
And without even a hint of irony.

Old 01-05-2017, 02:16 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,896,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Paul was on Morning Joe yesterday morning talking about his intent to vote against a standalone repeal of the ACA unless there is an acceptable replacement, which at this time, there is not. He spoke of the chaos that would ensue in the insurance markets if there was a gap and foresaw a potential need to bail out insurers. He also spoke of massive failures of hospitals, especially in rural areas.

He seemed to have an acute appreciation for the time required by insurers to adapt and reformat for changing regulations.
He's too sensible for his own party.

Old 01-05-2017, 02:22 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,736,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
He's too sensible for his own party.
He is what we should have as the alternative to democrats.

The whole lib/con is why I've been independent for 10+ years. Conservative republicans **** me off just as much as lib dems because they are supposed to speak for those who are traditional conservatives: limiting central government power

Old 01-05-2017, 02:23 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,595,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I very rarely find myself in a grocery store needing a $50,000 item right now, or I will die. That situation, however, is a daily occurrence in hospitals.
So, you've never bought a car or a house?

In the case of the hospital, you go in and pay the standard rates that are going to be relatively similar to the other hospitals in the area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Your kid falls off the roof, huge gash in his head, maybe busted ribs, looks like a broken arm, and he's seems woozy and out of it.

So, you get on-line to see which ER is offering the best prices for stitches, MRIs, x-rays, casts....

Really?

And as for the state enforcing gouging laws against the medical lobby...

Give me a break.

This ia nothing at all like shopping at the grocery store. Cost are way different, and you can decide not to get the steak today because it cost too much. Way different than trying to decide whether to spring for the MRI.

Come on, be sensible.
I am being sensible.

Why can my state not prevent gouging? Hospitals would have to have pricing on everything. That is what they charge , and state regulators review pricing.

This might be rocket science to someone like you, but it really isn't that complicated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Exactly.

I've read some silly stuff on this forum, but that nonsense takes the cake.
And rocket science to you.

Old 01-05-2017, 02:29 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times
Sour grapes because he didn't win the nomination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies