Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2017, 03:52 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Will note on the "lawyer" thing that all the attorneys I work with don't go to trial. FYI, all attorneys don't go to trial. My sister in law is also an attorney. She is a contract attorney same as the ones I work with. They never go to court. Every place I've ever worked has attorneys on staff and none of them go to trial. When I worked in housing they went to hearings to evict people sometimes (only for the most severe cases) but most attorneys don't go to trial. Some info for you on what Michelle Obama did before coming into the White House:

Read more at Michelle Obama Biography - Childhood, Life Achievements & Timeline

Compared to Melania Trump's accomplishments: posing for pictures and landing a job as a trophy wife.

No wonder Trumpettes don't want to compare the two! LMAO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2017, 03:54 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
It ain't easy being a Wookiee.

Old 01-05-2017, 03:57 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Compared to Melania Trump's accomplishments: posing for pictures and landing a job as a trophy wife. No wonder Trumpettes don't want to compare the two! LMAO
I think you did Mooch proud with that response.

As far as accomplishments go, I'll be glad to compare. Melania Trump can speak 5 languages. We can start there.

Old 01-05-2017, 03:57 PM

2,497 posts, read 3,403,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Is this going to be your take on it when Barron Trump does not attend DC public schools?
Absolutely. It would be great to have politicians show more support for public education in DC by having their children attend the DC public schools. But it's not difficult to see why they most likely won't move to DC. Unfortunately, many hysterical liberal elites have behaved in such repugnant and deranged ways as to make a move to DC much less likely for Melania Trump and Barron.

I always admired Jimmy Carter for sending daughter Amy to DC public schools.

Old 01-05-2017, 03:59 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
And? I have no doubt that being the First Lady is hard. What's the problem again?
The problem is people don't read history books. Plus.... people seem to like exposing their ignorance and prejudices. Nearly all First Ladies have talked about what a difficult position it is.

Old 01-05-2017, 04:00 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern435 View Post

Indeed. And Rosalynn Carter was a true First Lady. She used the position to do a lot of good for America. And she certainly didn't complain about how "hard" the job was.

Mooch could certainly have taken some lessons from Rosalynn, but she doesn't impress me as someone who takes well to instruction.

Old 01-05-2017, 04:00 PM

4,899 posts, read 6,221,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Mooch just can't shut up. Says she wasn't proud as an American, says White House is a slave house, and that Americans have no hoppe.
Now she says her life has been "hard" as First Lady. We are supposed to feel sorry for her.
This while spending $96M of the tax payer's money going on world trips, shopping excursions, etc.
OMG! She Can't Stop Whining! Michelle Obama Tells Oprah: "People Don't Understand How Hard This Is"

Did you watch the entire interview? What you presented was a fragment of what she said.
Short summary in order (there was no crying or whining):
1. She said that "it is important to support out new Commander in Chief, for the health of this nation
and country. We will be there for the next President to help him because if he succeeds we all succeed."
2.Words matter. We should show love, empathy and be models for the next generation.
3.She was very clear that when D. Trump came to visit it was pleasant and that the door is always
open to Melania. She went on to say that Laura Bush was very gracious and helpful.
4.Oprah asked her about their campaign -Hope. Her remark was that hope is necessary. What else
do you have if don't have hope. What do you tell your children, in other words if something seems
impossible hope is a way of saying to your children "it's going to be ok."
5.Hard- taken out of context. She said it was hard because it is a sacrifice for her children and
and being in the White House, "you run the lives of others." She went on about veterans and
those in the military and how hard it is for them and their children - many who have to move
and go to several schools throughout k-12.

btw, she graduated from Princeton (1985) and Harvard Law School. Her first job as an attorney
was in a Chicago law firm "Sidley Austin, she later was Dean of Students at the University of Chicago
and she mentioned that she ran a non-profit organization.
So she's no more a mooch than any other first lady and every President including their wives
and children who have taken vacations and bought clothes.

Old 01-05-2017, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Argument is a red herring. Last time a President's kid attended public school in DC was when Jimmy Carter was in office. And that caused all kinds of logistics problems with the normal operation of the schools.

How about paying attention?

I am not the one complaining about what schools the President's kids attend, that would be the Trump supporter I quoted in my post.

Old 01-05-2017, 04:04 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
The problem is people don't read history books. Nearly all First Ladies have talked about what a difficult position it is.
Perspective has been in the dictionary for a long time. Feel free to look it up.

Old 01-05-2017, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern435 View Post
Absolutely. It would be great to have politicians show more support for public education in DC by having their children attend the DC public schools. But it's not difficult to see why they most likely won't move to DC. Unfortunately, many hysterical liberal elites have behaved in such repugnant and deranged ways as to make a move to DC much less likely for Melania Trump and Barron.

What reason is there for the Trumps not moving into the WH after Barron has finished this school year?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies